Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints Official Game Day Thread- Bucs vs Winston Edition: *Sponsored by Klennex

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
CantonJester

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints Official Game Day Thread- Bucs vs Winston Edition: *Sponsored by Klennex

Post by CantonJester »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:42 am
nybf wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 am

Was Jameis getting hurt part of the fix? Or was the fix called in as a result?
After Jameis went down the refs made it clear to not touch the QB. Saints did not dress a third. Honestly that bump by Gholston does not get called 7 out of 10 times even though it is a penalty.
You’re being delusional. Gholston’s hit was two full seconds after the QB released the ball. That always draws a flag.
Bucsfan83

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New Orleans Saints Official Game Day Thread- Bucs vs Winston Edition: *Sponsored by Klennex

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:07 pm Winston out for season with acl/mcl. I'll post article later, at work.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ap ... p#comments
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Yup. We can put the Winston threads to bed for the year.

Although I am no Winston fan, this isn't how I wanted things to go.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Division foe or not, former No 1 pick that didnt pan out, yada yada... you dont want to see something like that. Godspeed for a swift and full recovery.
BLT

Post by BLT »

CantonJester wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:23 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:42 am

After Jameis went down the refs made it clear to not touch the QB. Saints did not dress a third. Honestly that bump by Gholston does not get called 7 out of 10 times even though it is a penalty.
You’re being delusional. Gholston’s hit was two full seconds after the QB released the ball. That always draws a flag.
For what it's worth... It happened because the refs missed the blatant penalty taking place of him getting his helmet and head ripped back and he couldn't see if the QB released the ball or not.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:29 pm Yup. We can put the Winston threads to bed for the year.

Although I am no Winston fan, this isn't how I wanted things to go.

All the runners seem to get caught sooner or later.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

2 sacks on Wirfs
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:11 pm 2 sacks on Wirfs
I saw one of them. To say he did not have a banner game would be significant understatement.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:57 pm
I saw one of them. To say he did not have a banner game would be significant understatement.
The fumble was one and KPass got one but I do not know from which side.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Really pitiful that the defense laid down for Simien. Devin White is one of the worst starting linebackers in the league.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:57 pm
I saw some pressures, also. As bad as he's looked in pewter, and it made a difference. But he's spoiled us with how good he's been so young. He keeps playing like that, that'd be concerning. But I doubt he will.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."