2023 NFL regular season schedule!!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: 2023 NFL regular season schedule!!

Post by Doctor »

It is a very tough opener indeed. Schedulers didn't do us any favors, but when do they?

We do have a comfy bye if we need to pivot QB early....
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

13-4. Baker lights everyone up.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bucs start 0-4 with Baker at QB. Bucs switch to Trask as QB after the bye week.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:04 am Bucs start 0-4 with Baker at QB. Bucs switch to Trask as QB after the bye week.
Go 0-4 with Trask, switch back to Baker.
Most hated man in America.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Did someone slip me some LSD this morning?

(Wait until the end)
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

MJW wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:14 pm
Snake wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:08 pm Abolish Thursday night football for the love of God
First thing I thought. The games are awful, the players absolute hate them, and although I haven't seen the studies, I have to believe they lead to injuries.
Then why are they willing to concede to playing them every year? I'm going to go out on a limb and it has everything to do with money. If players "absolute hate" Thursday night games, they'd say "we'll take the hit in revenue and accept lower/slower cap increases and not play Thursday any more." They never do though, do they?

There is an easy fix for both the league and the players... yet, neither bring it up. Why? They BOTH want the money. The easy fix is to only play Thursday games during bye weeks. Two the teams that have a bye in Week 4 (for example), play that Thursday (Week 5), so both are on a week and a half schedule. Those two teams will play the two teams from Week 5 who had a bye but did not now play on Thursday (Week 6). This gives the prior week Thursday teams another week and a half before their next game. The thing is, it would only work for what, 7 weeks... 8? It's common sense... you'd think that if the players "absolutely hate" Thursday games so much, they'd bring this up, wouldn't you? Their actions lead me to believe that the players "say" they hate Thursday to get the sympathetic ear on their side, but the truth is, they are simply just inconvenienced by it because the money is more important.

To note, my stance on this is not to be argumentative, just that I don't believe that either side (players and owners), are on a higher plane of warranted sympathy. Also, they don't lead to more injuries. A study was done just prior to COVID covering 2012 to 2017 and found that there were less injuries on Thursday than Sunday/Monday. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3084897 ... 0exposures.
MJW

Post by MJW »

CannonFire wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 1:30 pm
MJW wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:14 pm

First thing I thought. The games are awful, the players absolute hate them, and although I haven't seen the studies, I have to believe they lead to injuries.
Then why are they willing to concede to playing them every year? I'm going to go out on a limb and it has everything to do with money. If players "absolute hate" Thursday night games, they'd say "we'll take the hit in revenue and accept lower/slower cap increases and not play Thursday any more." They never do though, do they?

There is an easy fix for both the league and the players... yet, neither bring it up. Why? They BOTH want the money. The easy fix is to only play Thursday games during bye weeks. Two the teams that have a bye in Week 4 (for example), play that Thursday (Week 5), so both are on a week and a half schedule. Those two teams will play the two teams from Week 5 who had a bye but did not now play on Thursday (Week 6). This gives the prior week Thursday teams another week and a half before their next game. The thing is, it would only work for what, 7 weeks... 8? It's common sense... you'd think that if the players "absolutely hate" Thursday games so much, they'd bring this up, wouldn't you? Their actions lead me to believe that the players "say" they hate Thursday to get the sympathetic ear on their side, but the truth is, they are simply just inconvenienced by it because the money is more important.

To note, my stance on this is not to be argumentative, just that I don't believe that either side (players and owners), are on a higher plane of warranted sympathy. Also, they don't lead to more injuries. A study was done just prior to COVID covering 2012 to 2017 and found that there were less injuries on Thursday than Sunday/Monday. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3084897 ... 0exposures.
- Well, yeah, the money.
- I think the bye week thing is a great idea.
- I would actually be interested to see what the data says about the week after Thursday Night Games. You get the 10 days off, but is your body actually recovered from 2 games in 4 days? I'm dubious.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

They should put the bye week the week before tnf, therefore teams have time to prepare and recover.