Brady Retiring

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: Brady Retiring

Post by Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:21 am
Bootz wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 am

You've had 2 opportunities to provide an answer and have yet to do so. Still waiting on why they would want to make him a minority owner.
Keep waiting.
Exactly. Just something for you to say to fill up the thread but nothing substantial behind it. Good talk.
Most hated man in America.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

kaimaru wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:00 pm
uscbucsfan1 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:21 pm

Where is that stated?

This is the closest thing I could find.

No, NFL players cannot own a team because the league’s constitution forbids owners from playing on the field.

So, an NFL player having interest in becoming an owner or co-owner would first have to retire.
https://sportsscouters.com/can-an-nfl-p ... o%20retire.

It was the second link that came up
I read that one as well, it didn't have anything backing it and if you read further down the way they came to that conclusion was ridiculous. It was like a 10 year old wrote it.

I'd trust Peter King over that, but no one can cite anything in the rules that would disallow it.

All that said, I doubt it happens.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

_MB_ wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:21 am
Bootz wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:20 am

You've had 2 opportunities to provide an answer and have yet to do so. Still waiting on why they would want to make him a minority owner.
Keep waiting.
He is right though, Mark Davis needs the money, none of the Glazers do...

It's a business and there might be some good press that comes from Brady being a minority owner but it would add zero value and Glazers would be giving up something of value for relatively nothing
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bradys face can be smacked all over Vegas now.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Brady was the best ever but that doesnt mean he understands the other side of the business. Knowing how or who to hire as owner to build a championship team is a different kind of talent and gift. I'm sure he learned some things over the years from BB but he still has to go out and prove himself if the goal now is to own a franchise and build a winner.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Minority owners don’t even participate in the day to day. Brady lives in Miami. He won’t be at Raiders headquarters much, if at all. This is all about him and his portfolio. Building his net worth. It has nothing to do with helping the Raiders or Mark Davis. @_MB_ likely knows this but he opted to go troll mode by being purposely vague about the value Brady being a minority owner has.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:31 pm Minority owners don’t even participate in the day to day. Brady lives in Miami. He won’t be at Raiders headquarters much, if at all. This is all about him and his portfolio. Building his net worth. It has nothing to do with helping the Raiders or Mark Davis. @_MB_ likely knows this but he opted to go troll mode by being purposely vague about the value Brady being a minority owner has.
Seconded.

And even if Brady did participate in the day-to-day operations, that is in no way a guarantee for the team being any semblance of good. For an example, look at Michael Jordan and the Charlotte Hornets -- arguably the best basketball player of all time owning a team that has made the playoffs only twice in 13 years under his leadership, and got bounced outta the first round both times.

Brady was a great player, but that doesn't mean that as an owner he will be worth a sack of beans, probably even less so as a minority stakeholder.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

1 more time for the people in the back

Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Um... Tom, that lipstick shade just isn't working. If that's your natural color, please go see a doctor.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:56 am 1 more time for the people in the back

I don't think he's coming back, but him saying he's not means nothing.

I think the only discussion point was could he. This has been answered, he could play as a part owner, if it's approved by the owners. There's nothing banning it.

But, regardless, I don't think he'd go to a mediocre-bad Raiders team just because he purchased a small, minority share.

Him playing for the Aces is another story.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

12-2 9ers get down to their 4th string QB