Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Super Wild Card Weekend

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Super Wild Card Weekend

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

We used to look at Philly as that postseason hurdle we couldn’t get over. Now we’ve beaten them three times in a row when we’ve faced them in the tournament. Shame on ESPN for not replaying the Ronde pick 6. However, Jeff Lurie’s only gotten fatter and older since he wished Gruden “luck” in early 2003, but I love seeing that defeated face in our luxury box.

1.) One of the first lessons my dad taught me about football when I was a kid was never take points off the board. No, my dad wasn’t J. Walter Weatherman, but it’s stuck with me to this day.
2.) Bucs F’ed the Tush… Push.
3.) The balls on Baker to keep throwing to Trey Palmer week-after-week paid off. The way Baker believes in his guys is why I believe in Baker.
4.) Godwin was looking for that Hail Mary.
5.) Was there a defensive lineman that didn’t make a great play? Shit, I think even Logan Hall had a tackle and Chris Hovan got a sack.
6.) If Lavonte is looking for a business venture after football I say he should make wine because nothing ages finer than him.
7.) David Moore yards after the catch from him.

Dislikes:
1.) We’re going back to paper checks for the playoff payments. No more direct deposits. It’ll teach the receivers not to drop something.
2.) I think the offensive line started giving up sacks on third down to rest Chase McLaughlin’s leg.

Random:
1.) Zyon McCollum assuming the role of Grim Reaper out there for Philly receivers.
2.) Red Bull proving you don’t need good commercials to have a successful product.
3.) Leave it to Troy Aikman to find another way to mention Emmitt Smith in his commentary.

Everything from here on out is gravy. We weren’t supposed to even come close to competing if you listened to the expert media, but here we are one of the Top 8 teams in the league, so let’s go out there and have fun. Detroit is coming off an emotional win and those are usually followed by letdowns because you’re drained. I’ve seen it happen more times than not, and we play well on the road, so lets take advantage and really throw the league for a loop.
Doctor

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Super Wild Card Weekend

Post by Doctor »

If Todd Bowles takes us to an NFC Championship game in his second year, holy fuck balls.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I read every word. Beautiful Ichy. Beautiful.
Most hated man in America.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:26 am I read every word. Beautiful Ichy. Beautiful.
Thanks man, wish I had more time to flesh it out. There's a ton of good things to mention I know I missed.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

I didn't read anything except we f'ed the tush push!
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Didn't Logan Hall have that safety, technically speaking?

This game reminds me of the Seahawks when they barely won a crappy division and then crushed the Saints. We may have a good team that isn't quite there yet but is ahead of schedule. We should not be winning playoff games with a QB on his 4th team and nearly 100 mill in dead cap, but here we are.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I am hoping the Lions see us as the team who got lucky in beating the Eagles, did terrible against the panthers, and lost easily to the Saints. Then from there they take this week easy and come out with a little lethargy.
I said what I said

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:43 am Didn't Logan Hall have that safety, technically speaking?

This game reminds me of the Seahawks when they barely won a crappy division and then crushed the Saints. We may have a good team that isn't quite there yet but is ahead of schedule. We should not be winning playoff games with a QB on his 4th team and nearly 100 mill in dead cap, but here we are.
Safety was Nelson.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Now Chris Hovan is a name I had forgotten.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am Now Chris Hovan is a name I had forgotten.
Palmer was about to get himself an Arrelious Benn comment but then he made good on his reverse.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 am
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:25 am Now Chris Hovan is a name I had forgotten.
Palmer was about to get himself an Arrelious Benn comment but then he made good on his reverse.

I think Palmer took a few looks at David Moore and said hey I can do that.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:48 am
Arrelious Benn, now that’s a name I had completely forgotten about and for good reason
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Best one this year. Best one.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:03 am
Terry Tate wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:43 am Didn't Logan Hall have that safety, technically speaking?

Safety was Nelson.
And Kancey flushed him. That kid made some plays last night.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Great read as usual, @IchabodCrane84 !

I mentioned this in the gameday thread, but there was a threeish second clip of the Eagles GM putting his binoculars back in their case midish way through the 4th. If someone can find that and make it into a GIF, that would be awesome!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I am still smiling.

Poor little Pigeons fans
Ken

Post by Ken »

I know you referenced it in the first point, but I 100% thought last night that the Ichabod analysis was going to reference McCollum as a 200 IQ player who singlehandedly took 4 Eagles points off the board, lol.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I have found myself giving these the thumbs up before I even read them, haven't been wrong yet