Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

This game was not bakers fault! He kept us in there, defense laid an egg today and failed blitz pickups was the downfall I’m content with the way Baker played today! We need to work on the interior Offensive line and draft or sign a pass rusher.
Doctor

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Detroit Lions Official Game Day Thread: Divisional Round Edition

Post by Doctor »

Are we really gonna shit on Baker right now?
The dude had been a warrior all season, including this game.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:13 pm I am a Lions fan for the rest of the season.
If we hadn't made the playoffs I would have been rooting for them, but they beat us so fuck them
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Rocker wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:13 pm I am a Lions fan for the rest of the season.
If we hadn't made the playoffs I would have been rooting for them, but they beat us so fuck them
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Ravens for me
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm Are we really gonna shit on Baker right now?
He did just throw away the game though in a bad way.

Don't worry. I fully expect him to be resigned in a Geno-esque way and will be The Guy for the foreseeable future.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm Are we really gonna shit on Baker right now?
I’m no Baker fan, but this game was not lost by him. We lost to a better team and more specifically better trenches.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:13 pm Baker is garbage

That was such a bad throw I can’t believe that’s how it ends
He's a one read QB, never saw the blitzes. He's great when the first read works, and that's about it
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

I'm proud of how they played this year. Bowles and Baker actually impressed me. Are they the future for the next 5 years? I don't know. But I do think they're the future for the next two. Baker should be better in year two under Canales. Improve the interior oline and edge rusher on defense.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

@acmillis
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:16 pm
I’m no Baker fan, but this game was not lost by him. We lost to a better team and more specifically better trenches.
He's definitely the best option we will have next year but I don't think he's that great and I think we'll be way overpaying for him.

Once in my lifetime I would like to see the Bucs draft and develop a quarterback.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

ImYourHuckleBerry831 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm This game was not bakers fault! He kept us in there, defense laid an egg today and failed blitz pickups was the downfall I’m content with the way Baker played today! We need to work on the interior Offensive line and draft or sign a pass rusher.
Baker is average, we need to come to that understanding as a Team and decide if that can actually win. We did with Brad Johnson because our Defense was Awesome, but Bowels has good games and bad
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:20 pm
ImYourHuckleBerry831 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm This game was not bakers fault! He kept us in there, defense laid an egg today and failed blitz pickups was the downfall I’m content with the way Baker played today! We need to work on the interior Offensive line and draft or sign a pass rusher.
Baker is average, we need to come to that understanding as a Team and decide if that can actually win. We did with Brad Johnson because our Defense was Awesome, but Bowels has good games and bad
Completely agree! We need to retool a little bit and come back stronger like I said a LG and Center and a premier pass rusher should be priority along with resigning Evans.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 pm
@acmillis
Pressure was on and look what happened. Should we praise him? He threw the game away when it mattered most. Took a bad sack when we were in FG position earlier in the game.
Did he have a bad game? No, he didn’t, but when it mattered most, he completely shit the bed.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

O-line was fairly good for us, Lions keyed on the TEs lining up wide or not being in game, sent edges wide.

Really need a pass rush DE in the worst way. And someone needs to break Mayfield of the double clutch.

Need someone to notice how Trey was killing their secondary on his routes too. Just like he did in the first game.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

acmillis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:25 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:17 pm

@acmillis
Pressure was on and look what happened. Should we praise him? He threw the game away when it mattered most. Took a bad sack when we were in FG position earlier in the game.
Did he have a bad game? No, he didn’t, but when it mattered most, he completely shit the bed.
Swap the INTs around, does it change how you feel? Prisoner of the moment.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:45 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:25 pm

Swap the INTs around, does it change how you feel? Prisoner of the moment.
I’m not sure what you mean by swap the INTs around?
I also am not judging baker by one game, but his entire career. Go look at it. He’s never had back to back good seasons. We got great Baker this season. Not great QB, great Baker, and there is a biiiig difference.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If the final int had been the one of Evans hands
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:58 pm If the final int had been the one of Evans hands
If my aunt had wheels, she’d be a bike.
It don’t work that way.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You're missing the point. The point is both INTs were bad, game costing, but you're caught up by the moment the last one happened. If it were flipped would you be demanding Evans go? No. That'd be just as dumb.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Prisoner of the moment for someone who's entire career is filled with big time fuck ups lmfaoo.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:12 pm You're missing the point. The point is both INTs were bad, game costing, but you're caught up by the moment the last one happened. If it were flipped would you be demanding Evans go? No. That'd be just as dumb.
Yeah…read the comment below your post. As I said, look at Bkaers entire career. That INT is on brand for him, always has been, and IMO, always will be. I guess I’m prisoner of looking at bakers six year career, I apologize…
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am not going to shit on him. He was better than I anticipated. I also do not think he is a QB of the future. I think he is, at best, a Dilfer.

Bowles's defense was the issue for me. The question is whether that is a design issue or a player issue. At least the guy finally figured out that Devin White was not a complete defensive player.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »