The Church of Canales

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: The Church of Canales

Post by Doctor »

Selmon Rules wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:21 pm
Doctor wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:25 pm

Curious, if Dave Canales isn't the kind of man and coach worth being upset about losing then who is?
You can be sad to see someone go but happy for their opportunity at the same time
Indeed. I am super happy for him and I hate that we're losing him and think he'll turn Young around.

But my comment was to the people saying "Canales is no loss worth mourning". Like if not him then whom?

Kiffin obviously would've been. Was bummed to lose Tomlin too. The loss of Canales is 100% worthy of sulking.
Last edited by Doctor on Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

CamCam wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:21 pm
Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Many of Panthers fans are not happy with Canales' hiring. What say you? @CamCam
I've learned not to be happy with anything until we start winning :lol:
But he is an exciting hire after what happened with Geno and Baker also a hit to the Bucs is a plus

Edit: Also with big names out there Canales isn't what people expected considering wasn't this his first year as OC? a lot of us wanted Harbaugh with some people I know wanting Belichick.
I think you are confusing the words hoped and expected. Panthers fans don't have the luxury to expect anything with that trigger happy owner of yours.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

CamCam wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:21 pm
Phantom wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:16 pm Many of Panthers fans are not happy with Canales' hiring. What say you? @CamCam
I've learned not to be happy with anything until we start winning :lol:
But he is an exciting hire after what happened with Geno and Baker also a hit to the Bucs is a plus

Edit: Also with big names out there Canales isn't what people expected considering wasn't this his first year as OC? a lot of us wanted Harbaugh with some people I know wanting Belichick.
The chances for either were zero so I'm not sure why they'd waste energy wanting them.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Absolutely no one is feeling abandoned or betrayed by Canales. That's some nonsense. Everyone, especially players, understand this is a business and how it works. They all understand that these people you have bled with may not be here next year and you have to make the moment of every game you get to keep playing. Even when you are 4-7, you keep fighting because there may not be another year. These football brotherhoods are short lived. Heck, Baker and Evans could be on different teams next year. You just don't know.

I'm sure they are all very happy for him and would love to wish him the best, but you know...
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Who mentioned anything about the "sky falling down?“
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Did anyone see Canales press conference? He told the story about his personal life and his addiction. I thought it was interesting.
Snake

Post by Snake »

November 30th, 2023
Snake wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:24 pm dude really showed up to a press conference high. what a professional.
Wow. Snake is right again!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:06 am November 30th, 2023
Snake wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:24 pm dude really showed up to a press conference high. what a professional.
THIS! lol! How high though?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:13 am
Snake wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:06 am November 30th, 2023

THIS! lol! How high though?
How high? High enough that they made the press conference video private on YouTube and you can’t find it anywhere else.

Enough said.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I think it's kind of funny that they are upset because Canales left after one year. Do they realize we had the 21st ranked offense? -shrugs- no huge loss
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:33 am I think it's kind of funny that they are upset because Canales left after one year. Do they realize we had the 21st ranked offense? -shrugs- no huge loss
:roll:
Most hated man in America.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:45 am But anyone is an improvement over FatWich. Glad that era is over.
Barely. I'm pretty sure the rushing offense is dead last again.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:39 am
Snake wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:45 am But anyone is an improvement over FatWich. Glad that era is over.
The running game is a tough one. I think the offensive line personnel isn’t there for a good run game. I think it’s a hodge podge of skill sets that don’t mesh well. They also insisted on running up the middle when the iOL was the weakest part of the o-line too.

To be fair, historically Bowles’s run games are typically below average to bad.

It was a mix of bad everything.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:49 am
Phantom wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:39 am

The running game is a tough one. I think the offensive line personnel isn’t there for a good run game. I think it’s a hodge podge of skill sets that don’t mesh well. They also insisted on running up the middle when the iOL was the weakest part of the o-line too.

You do realize you made his point about anybody being an upgrade over Leftwich isn't much of an improvement. Also contradicted your own point about Leftwich being the cause of the offensive woes.
Most hated man in America.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 am
Snake wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:49 am

You do realize you made his point about anybody being an upgrade over Leftwich isn't much of an improvement. Also contradicted your own point about Leftwich being the cause of the offensive woes.
Leftwich was bad. Its why he was fired and is no longer in professional football despite his attempts to get back in.

Canales did more with less. He was better than Leftwich. He didn't have Tom Brady.

The running game has been bad for years. Under both Leftwich and Canales it was bad. Both bear responsibility, and personnel was a factor for both. Canales was the first year OC left with the remnants of the risk-it offense (or at least Leftwich's shit version of it) and somehow had better results.

All things can be true.