Welcome Ben Bredeson

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BuccaNOLEer

Welcome Ben Bredeson

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Licht adding depth at CB and now the interior O-Line. That's his M.O. for certain positions. Get as many average guys as you can and let them battle it out in training camp.
Backside

Re: Welcome Ben Bredeson

Post by Backside »

Never heard this name in my life. Definitely a need though
According to multiple reports, they have agreed to a one-year deal with guard Ben Bredeson. The deal is reportedly worth up to $3.5 million.

Bredeson started 16 games for the Giants last season after making nine starts in his first two years with the team. The Ravens drafted him in the fourth round in 2020 and then traded him to the Giants ahead of his second season.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:18 pm Licht adding depth at CB and now the interior O-Line. That's his M.O. for certain positions. Get as many average guys as you can and let them battle it out in training camp.
His MO is to sign MOR FAs prior to the draft at positions they'd like to draft so, if it doesn't work out, they have a player who can line up in the position. That's what he's done here and at CB.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

He played at Michigan and I watched every one of his collegiate snaps. I've kept a loose eye on his pro career; drafted by the Ravens and never saw the field, so traded to the Giants and played all 3 interior spots for them last year on a bad offensive line.

Bredeson is good but he struggles at times to sustain blocks in both phases. Is he going to be the key that unlocks our lines' full potential, probably not, but he can be a great swing backup for the whole interior 3 while pushing for a starting job.

He's the kind of guy good squads get in the second wave of free agency.

I'll take it.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:42 pm He played at Michigan and I watched every one of his collegiate snaps. I've kept a loose eye on his pro career; drafted by the Ravens and never saw the field, so traded to the Giants and played all 3 interior spots for them last year on a bad offensive line.

Bredeson is good but he struggles at times to sustain blocks in both phases. Is he going to be the key that unlocks our lines' full potential, probably not, but he can be a great swing backup for the whole interior 3 while pushing for a starting job.

I'll take it.
My read on his draft scouting reports were that he didn't have elite physical skills but he is very technically sound, is that what you saw also?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:48 pm
Cheb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:42 pm He played at Michigan and I watched every one of his collegiate snaps. I've kept a loose eye on his pro career; drafted by the Ravens and never saw the field, so traded to the Giants and played all 3 interior spots for them last year on a bad offensive line.

I'll take it.
My read on his draft scouting reports were that he didn't have elite physical skills but he is very technically sound, is that what you saw also?
I'd say that tracks. His technique can ebb and flow at times during a rep, but he's cognitively on top of things, at least from what I can recall.

He's certainly not physically dominant, and isn't going to be the guy you scheme your run game around, but he does an adequate job of wasting defender's time and tying them up.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue- ... n-bredeson

Reading that article it's obvious that his value lies in his ability to play multiple positions if we are hit with injuries. He will probably be a younger version of Matt Feiler who struggles a bit with everything, but offers value based on his versatility in where can be lined up.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Jonny wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:13 pm https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue- ... n-bredeson

Reading that article it's obvious that his value lies in his ability to play multiple positions if we are hit with injuries. He will probably be a younger version of Matt Feiler who struggles a bit with everything, but offers value based on his versatility in where can be lined up.
If you're looking to make an NFL roster as a backup O-Linemen, versatility is the key.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

He prob sucks I hope we invest in the draft
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:00 pm
…isn't going to be the guy you scheme your run game around, but he does an adequate job of wasting defender's time and tying them up.
Sounds like my ex, the anti-Christ
I said what I said