The Current Meta Suffocating NFL Offenses

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: The Current Meta Suffocating NFL Offenses

Post by Doctor »

Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Key to that Rams/Titans play would be if Jones used the swivel move. I don't recall if he did or not.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

It's not a question of If, but When, the Chiefs get a victory handed to them from the refs over this vague bullshit rule. let's just hope it's not a playoff game when it happens...
Snake

Post by Snake »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:10 pm It's not a question of If, but When, the Chiefs get a victory handed to them from the refs over this vague bullshit rule. let's just hope it's not a playoff game when it happens...
It’ll happen at least twice to benefit KC next season.

The NFL pretends to care about player safety with stuff like this. Meanwhile, 99% of them have CTE when they retire.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I must be misunderstanding this: Is this rule saying that when the return team is fielding the ball no defense can move until he touches it? Someone enlighten me please, this can’t possibly be true. They gonna just stand and watch? Lol

New Kickoffs Are Coming To The NFL

The hip drop rule wasn’t the only major change at the 2024 NFL Annual Meeting that Tampa Bay and Todd Bowles has to deal with. In better news, there’s going to be a brand new look at kickoffs for NFL games. The league adopted the kickoff rules from the XFL in an effort to bring back kick returns, but doing so in a safer manner that reduces or eliminates concussions.

For this new rule, kicks will still be from the 35-yard line, but players on each team – except for the kicker and the returner – will be lined up 10 yards apart and near the returner at the returning side’s 40- and 30-yard lines. No player can move until the returner touches the ball or the ball hits the ground in the landing zone (which is the 20-yard line to the goal line), and no fair catch can be made.

All kicks must be returned or if the ball rolls from the landing zone into the end zone it can be downed for a touchback at the 40-yard line.

This rule was implemented to prevent full-speed, head-on collisions during these plays where previously this would occur as players were running over 40 yards down the field to make the tackle. It also brings back the excitement of more kick returns, which had dwindled throughout the years with teams booming the ball into the end zone. It brings a dynamic back to kick returns and overall special teams that was necessary.
I said what I said

Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:30 am I must be misunderstanding this: Is this rule saying that when the return team is fielding the ball no defense can move until he touches it? Someone enlighten me please, this can’t possibly be true. They gonna just stand and watch? Lol

Aside from the kicker and returners, neither side moves until the ball is touched.

Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

We may have to consider a late rounder on a return guy.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:41 am We may have to consider a late rounder on a return guy.
We could just resign Tim Brown
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:30 pm
Snake wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:29 pm

Hip drop tackle?

Yes
Nice try.
#TushPush

You're more off than I thought.
is this banned yet?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:17 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:30 pm

Nice try.
#TushPush

You're more off than I thought.
is this banned yet?
No, the league didn't ban it.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

If I were a center I'd politely request the Eagles not draft me if they planned to continue to run that play.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:30 am If I were a center I'd politely request the Eagles not draft me if they planned to continue to run that play.
Watching a bit of a Rugby match the other day it appeared to me to be an entire game of tush pushes. It's just not interesting to me.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

And laterals