Kona’s 2024 Bucs Mock

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Kona

Kona’s 2024 Bucs Mock

Post by Kona »

We’re less than 3 weeks til the draft, so time to post my mock. Buccaneers spent the off-season bringing back key players and signing some low risk veteran depth. The draft was always going to be the exciting new toy part of our offseason this year. I tried to grab some players we’ve met with at the combine or brought in for a visit. Players were based on who was available on pro football networks mock site. No trade projections here, just meat and potatoes mock. Without further ado..

1) OL Graham Barton, Duke.

Would have loved JPJ to slide to us (I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a top 20 pick). That leaves Barton, who is a stud in his own right. Typical Licht OL pick who is an athletic Tackle looking to move inside at the next level. Barton can come in and start at LG or challenge Hainsey at Center. Immediately gives this OL a boost in the run game and helps Baker with a cleaner pocket to get the offense clicking.

2) WR Ricky Pearsall, Florida.
WR may not seem like the biggest need at the moment, but with Godwin entering a contract year at 20 mil, I have my doubts he’ll be back next offseason. Enter Pearsall, who can step in as WR3 for a year before taking over full time. Good size, soft hands and runs crisp routes. Liam Coen gets his WR to groom.

3) ILB Jeremiah Trotter, Clemson.
Undersized LB with nose for the football and outstanding football IQ? Sounds familiar. Trotter immediately challenges Britt for the starter roll opposite Lavonte and at the very worst gives us some great depth this season.

3) OLB, Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan.
Shaq is gone, and JTS likely won’t see his 5th year option picked up. Ya ya was a great find in the 3rd last year, Licht can hit it again with this pick. Kneeland is a heavy handed power rusher with a high motor, gives us some a nice rotation this year with room for more.

4) RB, Ray Davis, Kentucky.
Liam Coen gets one of his guys here. Davis will be 24 when the season starts, which likely pushes him down a round or so. But he is a powerful, tough, decisive runner with 3 down potential. He would compliment Rachad White well here. We need someone besides Chase Edmonds and Sean Tucker.

6) OT Frank Crum, Wyoming.
Huge OT prospect who gives some depth behind Wirfs/Godeke.

7) CB, Quinton Newsome, Nebraska
This one’s for MJW. Good sized Special teamer who can push for dime package duty.

All in all, I’d be very happy with this draft. Can’t fix everything in one year, but touched most of our needs and added some really good players who can either contribute right away or groom for the future.
Grahamburn

Re: Kona’s 2024 Bucs Mock

Post by Grahamburn »

Great mock and appreciate the effort. I do think if they draft a WR it will not be someone best suited for the slot like Pearsall. But, overall. This would be a home run draft.

I don't think Godwin will be going anywhere. Expect he's about to have a monster year from the slot in Coen's offense and a likely tag candidate again.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Swap a third round linebacker with IOL and make our first rounder BPA at DE and I'm all for the rest of it
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I like Barton alot and I think he's a likely target for us in the first. It wouldn't shock me if he's in pewter next season.

Pearsall is a talented receiver with springs in his legs and plenty of tools in his bag. Not who I would have picked but I could get behind it, especially with Evans and Godwin getting older and potentially in their last year playing together.

Trotter is good but I think he's a second rounder. I looked at Kneeland a lot because we keep meeting with him but he doesn't light my fire. Ray Davis is a dude. Don't know the last two prospects so I trust ya.

Nice mock my dude.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Barton over Powers Johnson surprised me.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Loved this draft when you posted it. Love it now. Has a couple of my dream picks too.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Ricky to the 9ers
Kona

Post by Kona »

Feel like we would’ve taken Kneeland (went pick before), but Braswell should be a nice addition
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah. I think Licht may’ve gotten swiped there.