Reggie Bush: Welcome back!

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Bootz

Reggie Bush: Welcome back!

Post by Bootz »

It was bullshit in the 1st place that he had to give his Heisman status up
Most hated man in America.
CannonFire

Re: Reggie Bush: Welcome back!

Post by CannonFire »

It was for taking money? I don't remember the whole fracas.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

CannonFire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm It was for taking money? I don't remember the whole fracas.
An agent named Lloyd paid the rent for the house Bush's family lived and also gave gifts reportedly totaling $200k. When it came time to be a pro, Bush didn't sign with Lloyd's agency so he Lloyd blew up the entire scandal
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 pm
CannonFire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:07 pm It was for taking money? I don't remember the whole fracas.
An agent named Lloyd paid the rent for the house Bush's family lived and also gave gifts reportedly totaling $200k. When it came time to be a pro, Bush didn't sign with Lloyd's agency so he Lloyd blew up the entire scandal
LOL, can't say I blame the dude... either one really. That said, at the time, that wasn't allowed. I'm ok with taking the trophy and even not giving it back at all. Bush knowingly broke the rules and didn't care.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

CannonFire wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:26 pm
kaimaru wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:56 pm

LOL, can't say I blame the dude... either one really. That said, at the time, that wasn't allowed. I'm ok with taking the trophy and even not giving it back at all. Bush knowingly broke the rules and didn't care.
The pure hypocrisy of this situation was the NCAA treating Reggie Bush as if he was the 1st and only student athlete to ever take benefits. These schools break rules damn near daily and just don't get caught. Most students take money in plain sight. There are simply gatekeepers in place who sweep things under the rug. As @kaimaru said Lloyd blew it all up when he didn't make him his agent and the NCAA tried to pretend their precious institution would never allow such things. It was bullshit.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Exactly. They knew and didn't care. They never do. But if someone is splattering it everywhere it forces them to address it.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Reggie Bush was ahead of his time. Stylistically as a player, and financially as a college student.

Glad he got his trophy back. It was crap that it was ever taken away in the first place.