What is your 2024 draft grade

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
kaimaru

Re: What is your 2024 draft grade

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:44 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 10:34 pm

Per PFF, KJ Britt had a 73.3 coverage grade last year through WC round. Why do continuously say he is bad at coverage? Britt had 83 coverage plays and only allowed 5 catches for 40 yards. 83! You can keep saying he's slow and he can't cover but allowing 4 catches over 83 assignments is pretty good no matter if you like PFFs rating system

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-tampa-bay- ... linebacker
Because I have eyes and PFF isn't the end all, be all. Yall have gotten lazy relying on PFF like it's foolproof.
They watch every play. How many of those 83 pass rush assignments do you think that he was close enough to the target that is was a guess he was wasn't the closest receiver on the completion? At what point do you say we'll if watching a tape we aren't sure who was the closest but I'll arbitrarily assign it to Davis bc we hate him. 20% overlap maybe? That would have to be a lot of blown plays that were close for that 5/40 yards over 83 snaps to ballon to say 25/320. I did even if you don't go by their grading it's hard to see how he is a liability in coverage. Even if you quadrupled that number he was better than LVD and if you even suggest DW was better than Britt then we know you're just lying. Eyeballs can tell me that like your eyeballs say Britt is slow and can't cover
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Britt played well enough that Devin White was relegated to pass rush snaps almost exclusively, deemed expendable, and then with multiple opportunities to do so no LBers were drafted to replace either White or Britt. I think they like their unit.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am Britt played well enough that Devin White was relegated to pass rush snaps almost exclusively, deemed expendable, and then with multiple opportunities to do so no LBers were drafted to replace either White or Britt. I think they like their unit.
Devin isn't on the team anymore.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Obsolete wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:04 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:00 am Britt played well enough that Devin White was relegated to pass rush snaps almost exclusively, deemed expendable, and then with multiple opportunities to do so no LBers were drafted to replace either White or Britt. I think they like their unit.
Devin isn't on the team anymore.
I am aware. They didn’t attempt to re-sign him or anyone else nor did they draft a player to add to the room. That tells me they like one of Britt/Dennis well enough to play alongside LVD.

We’ll see if it was the right choice. They passed on the opportunity to draft or move up for a LB several times in what was considered a weak class.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:53 pm
Al Bundy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 2:57 pm I would give the draft a C- or a D+. The Bucs drafted for need on night 1 and night 2, they didn't go BPA.
What would you have done differently?
I would have drafted Newton over Barton.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I think they just didn’t love what was available to them at LB this draft. The team knows it’s an upcoming need but the need doesnt get fixed by drafting a nonfactor high in the draft just to fix the need on paper. They are counting on Lavonte to hold it down another year and then look at their options next year.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:39 pm
I think they just didn’t love what was available to them at LB this draft. The team knows it’s an upcoming need but the need doesnt get fixed by drafting a nonfactor high in the draft just to fix the need on paper. They are counting on Lavonte to hold it down another year and then look at their options next year.
I’d agree if they passed on Gray/Trotter once, but they passed on them both 2-3 times.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 3:00 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:39 pm

I’d agree if they passed on Gray/Trotter once, but they passed on them both 2-3 times.
That's exactly what @Miller4Prez64 is saying. That indicates that neither player was high on their board or even at all. They weren't going to just take a guy they didn't really like just because it fit a need.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

And I’m saying they didn’t view it as a need. But, it can also be true that they didn’t like those players.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:49 pm And I’m saying they didn’t view it as a need. But, it can also be true that they also just didn’t like those players.
Maybe.......Licht doesn't draft for need....
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

No but I'm starting to think he sorts by it.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:04 pm No but I'm starting to think he sorts by it.
Licht has been pretty transparent about his process this offseason. I've seen it a few times this offseason, but the jist of it is that Licht sorts guys into tiers based on their talent, and then within those tiers he sorts them by need.

Kinda a mix of BPA and need. I like it.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Think I said the exact same thing in the draft thread. I totally agree.

Also if there's a lot of people left in the same tier he trades down. If one guy left he tries to trade up.