Walk the Plank- Saints

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Rocker

Re: Walk the Plank- Saints

Post by Rocker »

MJW wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:56 am
Rocker wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:38 am

I'm getting real close to figuring out your Reddit handle.
LOL, I hate to disappoint, but I'm not on Reddit (never quite figured it out.) But whoever shares the sentiment is welcome at my table.

Anyway, the pendulum was always going to swing too far. The league is never going to be the 70s again, and hopefully, that means no more retired players shitting themselves and dying at 50. But it's over-officiated now. I was big on the QB safety bandwagon for a lot of reasons, but the roughing calls are out of control (I doubt anyone would argue too hard the other way.) I like big passes as much as any fan, but the DBs are essentially powerless to stop good throws without drawing flags, no matter how sound their coverage. The "lowering the helmet" rules makes a world of sense on paper, but now defenders are at constant risk for the flag even if they do everything the NFL wants, just because the ballcarrier can lower himself at the last second into the path of the helmet. So on and so forth. And maybe it's me, but the late flags have been worse than ever this season. If a ref isn't throwing the flag for PI or for a hold a split-second after the infraction, why is he throwing it all? Is he being talked into it? Is he making the call based on his already fading mental picture? Either way, it's no fun constantly waiting for the flags.

The NFL is a great product, but this has been the least I've enjoyed it that I can remember.
One of the top posts on the Bucs subreddit reads a lot like your style of writing, and echoes these sentiments spot on.
ATrain

Re: Walk the Plank- Saints

Post by ATrain »

Everyone but Godwin.