2021 Uniform Schedule

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

2021 Uniform Schedule

Post by King Bootz »

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-an ... wter-white

It's a crime that we have these beautiful red & pewter jerseys and out of 17 games we only get to see them 5 times.

I need to see this data that suggests the weather impacts the team playing in darker jerseys.
Snake

Re: 2021 Uniform Schedule

Post by Snake »

Don’t love the white on white unis.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Why we wear red vs saints twice?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

"Color Rush" white on white beats orange on orange I guess. And we don't have the alarm clock numbers anymore so that's something.

They're treating red and pewter like they're creamsickles, never worn...

I mean I get it, let the other team wear the dark uni's when the field is super hot, but it is kind of boring.

But if we win every game in white, bring it on.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:27 pm Don’t love the white on white unis.
Worst combo by far.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Week Opponent Jersey Pants
1 Dallas Cowboys White Pewter
2 Atlanta Falcons White White
3 Los Angeles Rams Pewter Pewter
4 New England Patriots White Pewter
5 Miami Dolphins White White
6 Philadelphia Eagles White Pewter
7 Chicago Bears White Pewter
8 New Orleans Saints Red Pewter
9 BYE
10 Washington Football Team White Pewter
11 New York Giants Pewter Pewter
12 Indianapolis Colts White Pewter
13 Atlanta Falcons White Pewter
14 Buffalo Bills Red White
15 New Orleans Saints Red Pewter
16 Carolina Panthers White Pewter
17 New York Jets White Pewter
18 Carolina White Pewter
Backside

Post by Backside »

Only doing red on pewter twice is criminal.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I'd like to see more red tops and pewter pants also.

But with the uniform change last year my favorite is still the white tops and pewter pants. It always minds me of the days of great Bucs defense of old.

Not a fan of white on white (OOCA)
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

You want to know how I know our team is really good???? There is a thread complaining about what stinking Jerseys we will be wearing each week.
Kona

Post by Kona »

acmillis wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:54 am You want to know how I know our team is really good???? There is a thread complaining about what stinking Jerseys we will be wearing each week.
It’s all we have these days, I’ll take it.

Though only doing the Red jerseys 3 times is criminal.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:54 am You want to know how I know our team is really good???? There is a thread complaining about what stinking Jerseys we will be wearing each week.
Not much else to discuss until kickoff on Thursday. Either way, not a bad discussion to have. People have their favorites. I wish we'd rock the all pewter combo a few more times. It's unique among the league jerseys.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:24 pm I need to see this data that suggests the weather impacts the team playing in darker jerseys.

I always remember Quarles talking about how much he liked the white on white because he thought it looked faster than heavy pewter. "Look fast, feel fast, feel fast, play fast."

But I agree with Bootz - I like the all pewter, and I suppose I could use Quarles' logic: It looks strong to me.

I also don't see the word creamsicle anywhere on that list. Maybe we throw a Bucco Bruce white helmet on the white-on-whites? PRETTY PLEASE.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Kress wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:34 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:24 pm I need to see this data that suggests the weather impacts the team playing in darker jerseys.

I always remember Quarles talking about how much he liked the white on white because he thought it looked faster than heavy pewter. "Look fast, feel fast, feel fast, play fast."

But I agree with Bootz - I like the all pewter, and I suppose I could use Quarles' logic: It looks strong to me.

I also don't see the word creamsicle anywhere on that list. Maybe we throw a Bucco Bruce white helmet on the white-on-whites? PRETTY PLEASE.
As i remember the story the suits decided to allow a second helmet only after it was too late to put them in this year's uni list. We'll see creamsickles next year.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:24 pm https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-an ... wter-white

It's a crime that we have these beautiful red & pewter jerseys and out of 17 games we only get to see them 5 times.

I need to see this data that suggests the weather impacts the team playing in darker jerseys.
Agree 100%.

Don't understand why they're treated the way hockey teams treat 3rd jerseys.

Don't buy the "Darker Colors" argument. It's not like they're jet black. I would be dubious to believe we've been worse in hot weather in the reds.

An Aside: one of the things I like about the NBA is how loosey-goosey they are with the jerseys. It's fun. It creates more cool merch to buy. Some of them are awesome. The ones that are terrible (looking at you, St. Patrick's Day Bulls Jerseys) are still interesting in their terribleness.

I would love to see the at least 1 brand new, from scratch jersey created and worn for each NFL team. No rules about color schemes, either. Go wild.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."