Chest Of Gold- Giants

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Chest Of Gold- Giants

Post by Defense5599 »

My Chest Of Gold goes to Devin White. He was a disruptive force, constantly pressuring Jones into errant throws.

Honorable Mention to Tom Brady who was on fire tonight and to Big Stevie Mac for that momentum swinging pick.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
acmillis

Re: Chest Of Gold- Giants

Post by acmillis »

Todd Bowles. The NYG TD drive was five yards. 1 of 9 on third downs.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Aaron Stinnie. He came in for Marpet very early and we never noticed the difference. They even highlighted him handling Leonard Williams.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 pm Aaron Stinnie. He came in for Marpet very early and we never noticed the difference. They even highlighted him handling Leonard Williams.
Stinnie played great.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Devin White is probably the only standout player. Everyone just did their job. You don't get chests of gold for that.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Jamel Dean.

When the only time you hear a CBs name is being praised for stepping up in run fits, you had a game.

Honorable mention to JTS.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

SMB looked solid in his first game.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Gronk should be mentioned
MJW

Post by MJW »

A bit of a cop out, but both lines absolutely dominated their Big Blue counterparts. I guess I'd give the gold to the O-Line, because most of those pockets were insane.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I'm going with Dean, too.

He's come a long way from the beginning of the season... a long way.

Now as mentioned above you never hear his name.

I heard a stat that the Bucs have the 2021 record for starters at DB, at 7. While pretty annoying at the time, we're getting good depth at the position now, something we haven't had in years. Now, if the pass rush can stay like this for the rest of the season...
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz mentioned in another thread that the Giants OL is complete trash. If that's the case, I wouldn't be too giddy about our DL manhandling them and hoping that carries over to teams with better OL's. I hope it does, but I won't be convinced until I see it vs better OL's.
Don't tread on me
Backside

Post by Backside »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am Bootz mentioned in another thread that the Giants OL is complete trash. If that's the case, I wouldn't be too giddy about our DL manhandling them and hoping that carries over to teams with better OL's. I hope it does, but I won't be convinced until I see it vs better OL's.
You won't have to wait long. We play one of the best next week. After a short practice week, with Thanksgiving in the middle of it, and travel. Toughest challenge of the year. We'll see what version of the team shows up.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 pm Aaron Stinnie. He came in for Marpet very early and we never noticed the difference. They even highlighted him handling Leonard Williams.
Stinnie played great.
Good thing they learned how to rotate the guards.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:14 pm

Stinnie played great.
Underrated post.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:50 am
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 am

Underrated post.

Wouldnt it be crazy if all those guards we are developing we found a center and a left tackle in the mix.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am Bootz mentioned in another thread that the Giants OL is complete trash. If that's the case, I wouldn't be too giddy about our DL manhandling them and hoping that carries over to teams with better OL's. I hope it does, but I won't be convinced until I see it vs better OL's.
Not to shit on what we did defensively, but the Giants Oline has been a junk heap the entire season. They've had injuries, ineffectiveness, penalties, you name it. It's not a good unit.

Louis Riddick put it perfectly last night after the game. Last night was a "get right game". We did exactly what we needed to do against a bad opponent. This Sunday will be a "prove it" game. Prove that what we did last night was a sign of things to come. It's not exactly how the NFL works but I understand and agree with the context. If we are to be a Super Bowl contender, we have to show that we can beat good teams. And it's hard to find a team playing better than Indy is right now.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Devin White and JTS were flying around and being disruptive. You love to see it. The future of this Bucs defense is in good shape.

SMB returning let us play more m2m coverage, really looking forward to having CD3 back soon and resuming our normal full power line up on defense.

When Bowles has the confidence to play m2m we have the potential to be a top defense.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

They are trash. They were getting destroyed by McLendon, Nelson and Gill.

This was simply a game we damned well should have won and it came at a good time. We were struggling and we were trying to ease several guys back in from long layoffs. I'll take it.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 pm
They are trash. They were getting destroyed by McLendon, Nelson and Gill.

This was simply a game we damned well should have won and it came at a good time. We were struggling and we were trying to ease several guys back in from long layoffs. I'll take it.
Pretty much.

Giants offense is a mess right now (them firing Garrett pretty much confirmed that.) Everyone but Andrew Thomas got dogwalked for 60 minutes. Will Hernandez is a guy a lot of us (including me) was dead wrong about. His feet are a mess. Billy Price was an even bigger bust for the Bengals. Skura is a guy. Solder should have retired two years ago. They put together 2 actual drives all game and got 3 points to show for them.

And Daniel Jones...woof. Absolutely no feel for the game. Good enough arm. Plus runner. But there's something missing.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."