Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

Post by Buc2 »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:46 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:29 am I wish our QB could still make these throws :(

Buc2 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:30 am

I think this was Brady's best throw as a Buc...

Don't tread on me
MRM

Post by MRM »

Once AB and Davis are back, I think this team will go on a run like last year. Just can't blow any more games between now and then.
MJW

Post by MJW »

1) I wish Bowles would blitz less, at least when we have guys like Pierre Desir and Dee Delaney getting snaps. The Colts were often picking those blitzes up, and Carson Wentz was channeling 2017.

2) That said, our run defense MVP was Frank Reich. 26 straight passes? Okay dude. I know the run game wasn't working early, but are you really going to let Shaq and Tryon tee off like that, while taking your best player out of the game.

3) I'm not freaked yet, but it's been a month since Tom Brady looked like TOM BRADY. I think missing AB is a big part of that.

4) Nick Leverett is bad, but whatchyagonnado?

5) Penalty problems got cleaned up a bit. That's encouraging.

6) Bradley Pinion showed how invaluable his frequent touchbacks are by not getting one.

7) I had 100% faith in Ryan Succop if he'd had to try a kick. That's very rare and wonderful with a Bucs kicker.

8) I want to see Mike Edwards getting 60 plays a game. The guy is just a playmaker. Some dudes have that knack. You can't teach it. We have two of them at safety. I still like Whitehead, but he is what he is - a 5th linebacker.

9) Antoine Winfield Jr: 5'11. Michael Pittman Jr: 6'4. Advantage Young Buc. Interestingly, I bet Winfield's dad laid a few hits on Pittman's dad back in the aughts.

10) Fournette is making a helluva case for the Pro Bowl at this rate. I still think Rojo is slightly more talented as a pure runner, but Fournette has become a decent pass blocker and a quality receiver. The biggest thing is how good he's gotten at transitioning to being a runner once he catches the ball. That was always his biggest problem. He's a complete back now, and I expect him to be back in Tampa next year.

11) If you re-watch the game, key on Gholston. The guy was working his man.

12) I'm fairly sure Gronk would lose a game of Scrabble to a chicken, but his sense of coverages and matchups is generational.

13) Can we skip the "Mike Evans is overrated because he had a quiet game" thing this time? You know he's going to put up 2 TDs in the next couple.

14) On the Colts Side: Buckner is a Man. Leonard, I think, is the best off the ball linebacker in the NFL right now. They don't have a #1 wide receiver and it shows. Pittman isn't that guy.

15) The book on playing D against the Bucs is apparently play a lot of Cover 2 Shell and force everything underneath. Good luck with that, guys, especially after AB comes back.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So Brady needs Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, and Lenny in order to look good?

What happens if we never trade for Gronk and BA says no to AB?

Guess 200 yard games with 1 to 1 TD:Int games in perpetuity?

Nah, Brady gets no excuses. Even without Gronk and AB he still has more weapons than most QBs. Hes been a bum for a month straight now and it's time for you all to come to terms with that. Quit carrying water for Brady
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

ATrain wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:40 am So Brady needs Evans, Godwin, AB, Gronk, and Lenny in order to look good?

What happens if we never trade for Gronk and BA says no to AB?

Guess 200 yard games with 1 to 1 TD:Int games in perpetuity?

Nah, Brady gets no excuses. Even without Gronk and AB he still has more weapons than most QBs. Hes been a bum for a month straight now and it's time for you all to come to terms with that. Quit carrying water for Brady

You could go to the Pats board and be happy?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:29 am 1) I wish Bowles would blitz less, at least when we have guys like Pierre Desir and Dee Delaney getting snaps. The Colts were often picking those blitzes up, and Carson Wentz was channeling 2017.

2) That said, our run defense MVP was Frank Reich. 26 straight passes? Okay dude. I know the run game wasn't working early, but are you really going to let Shaq and Tryon tee off like that, while taking your best player out of the game.

3) I'm not freaked yet, but it's been a month since Tom Brady looked like TOM BRADY. I think missing AB is a big part of that.

4) Nick Leverett is bad, but whatchyagonnado?

5) Penalty problems got cleaned up a bit. That's encouraging.

6) Bradley Pinion showed how invaluable his frequent touchbacks are by not getting one.

7) I had 100% faith in Ryan Succop if he'd had to try a kick. That's very rare and wonderful with a Bucs kicker.

8) I want to see Mike Edwards getting 60 plays a game. The guy is just a playmaker. Some dudes have that knack. You can't teach it. We have two of them at safety. I still like Whitehead, but he is what he is - a 5th linebacker.

9) Antoine Winfield Jr: 5'11. Michael Pittman Jr: 6'4. Advantage Young Buc. Interestingly, I bet Winfield's dad laid a few hits on Pittman's dad back in the aughts.

10) Fournette is making a helluva case for the Pro Bowl at this rate. I still think Rojo is slightly more talented as a pure runner, but Fournette has become a decent pass blocker and a quality receiver. The biggest thing is how good he's gotten at transitioning to being a runner once he catches the ball. That was always his biggest problem. He's a complete back now, and I expect him to be back in Tampa next year.

11) If you re-watch the game, key on Gholston. The guy was working his man.

12) I'm fairly sure Gronk would lose a game of Scrabble to a chicken, but his sense of coverages and matchups is generational.

13) Can we skip the "Mike Evans is overrated because he had a quiet game" thing this time? You know he's going to put up 2 TDs in the next couple.

14) On the Colts Side: Buckner is a Man. Leonard, I think, is the best off the ball linebacker in the NFL right now. They don't have a #1 wide receiver and it shows. Pittman isn't that guy.

15) The book on playing D against the Bucs is apparently play a lot of Cover 2 Shell and force everything underneath. Good luck with that, guys, especially after AB comes back.
Solid breakdown. Gholston was putting in work on Sunday. One of his better games. Edwards, I don't know. He's a "right place right time" type. But you'll take your lumps with him covering the wrong guy or missing open tackles.

As far as Brady, #15 has led to #3. Once AB comes back (whenever that is) defenses will adjust. Until then, it's been somewhat effective for defenses to play those looks. It forces him to hold on to the ball a bit longer, go through progressions and process things a bit longer. At 44, I don't care what anyone says, that won't be as quick for him as it was when he was 34. And we know that which is why we utilize so many quick routes. We're not pushing the ball as much as we were earlier in the year and those shell looks are the reason.