Tampa Bay vs Dallas Game Day Thread - Season Kickoff Addition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Rocker

Re: Tampa Bay vs Dallas Game Day Thread - Season Kickoff Addition

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 pm
Rocker wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:36 pm

Mike wide open on the out/dig/fade on that play as well. Brady really is a maestro.
This game against the Cowboys proved that beating Final Form Brady is basically impossible if you give him time back there. Despite everything else going wrong around him. From drops to penalties to turnovers to defense sucking.

I wasn’t 100% sure he’d drive down the field and get the team within good FG range. I was close though. He’s reached a mastery we may never see again.
I'm so far past certain we'll never see anyone come close to the Brady plateau it ain't funny. I'd wager literally anything on it. His stats - literal, quantifiable truths - sound like science fiction. Some people complain that they live in a time between scientific achievements. Not old enough to see the moon landing, too old to see the Mars colony... yet here we are, in the Brady achievement(s) era.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Jason Bourne wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:17 pm Image

Brady is impressive, nice having a real QB
Mike wide open on the out/dig/fade on that play as well. Brady really is a maestro.
That throw wasn't open. Evans never shook him. #7 was in him like glue all the way to the end zone. That play had 1 destination only.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Snake wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 pm

This game against the Cowboys proved that beating Final Form Brady is basically impossible if you give him time back there. Despite everything else going wrong around him. From drops to penalties to turnovers to defense sucking.

I wasn’t 100% sure he’d drive down the field and get the team within good FG range. I was close though. He’s reached a mastery we may never see again.
Just admiring the picture.

Look at Ryan Jensen in that moment. Squared to his man, long arming the guy, feet set to counter whatever is coming next. He doesn't get enough credit.

Meanwhile, Smith is cleanly beat at the same exact moment. His punch didn't do much to redirect, his hips are wrong, it's a mess.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:01 pm Is there a Bucs 2021 season thread?

Also, I'm curious about what moves we are fixin to make.
There's an entire goddamned forum, what more do you want?
First win has been locked in and I see no need to be fixated with rapid rants for a week. If I start a Falcon discussion the people in the shadows will come after me with their little knives.

So - Bucs 2021 season (thread)
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:00 am
Rocker wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:02 pm

There's an entire goddamned forum, what more do you want?
First win has been locked in and I see no need to be fixated with rapid rants for a week. If I start a Falcon discussion the people in the shadows will come after me with their little knives.

So - Bucs 2021 season (thread)
No one's stopping you. Just don't expect a lot of traction in a season long thread when we are literally living week to week.

Personal advice, wait until after the late games on Sunday to start the Bucs v Falcons thread if you want maximum interaction.

It's the opening week of the season, everyone is giddy for football. R - E - L - A - X.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 pm

That throw wasn't open. Evans never shook him. #7 was in him like glue all the way to the end zone. That play had 1 destination only.
Prove it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 pm

Prove it.
:roll: :roll:

Get a thing to post YouTube videos. But you'll find it here.

https://youtu.be/MGGOCQDwlvQ
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I'd like to take a moment to apologize to the class. I honestly thought that copying and pasting a URL would be the easiest way to embed media.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:11 am I'd like to take a moment to apologize to the class. I honestly thought that copying and pasting a URL would be the easiest way to embed media.

Everybody knows technology and shit ain't my thing.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 am
Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:11 am I'd like to take a moment to apologize to the class. I honestly thought that copying and pasting a URL would be the easiest way to embed media.

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. For the most part. I mean, my weakness is mayo. Can't stand that shit. Makes me projectile vomit.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:07 am
Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:03 am

Prove it.

Okay bub, that clip illustrated my point. Defender gets a whole damn handful of Mike on the break anticipating the out/fade, and he's still open on the dig.

He comes across Mike's back after the throw to Gronk is happening, making the coverage seem tighter than it was.

edit for embed:

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 am
King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:07 am

Okay bub, that clip illustrated my point. Defender gets a whole damn handful of Mike on the break anticipating the out/fade, and he's still open on the dig.

He comes across Mike's back after the throw to Gronk is happening, making the coverage seem tighter than it was.

edit for embed:

To your own point, the only reason it seems Evans is open on that dig is because the ball is out, on its way to Gronk. Evans and #7 see this. Brady never makes that throw to Evans. He would've been sacked by the free rusher. Maybe we get a holding call but contact was within 5 yards of the LOS so there's no telling. Point though, Evans was well covered there.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am
Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:20 am

edit for embed:

To your own point, the only reason it seems Evans is open on that dig is because the ball is out, on its way to Gronk. Evans and #7 see this. Brady never makes that throw to Evans. He would've been sacked by the free rusher. Maybe we get a holding call but contact was within 5 yards of the LOS so there's no telling. Point though, Evans was well covered there.
IF Brady throws to Evans, thats either a DPI or a TD. Outside rush had no chance of getting to Brady on that play regardless of how poorly Smith "blocked" him. It's a TD to either of two men, from the snap. Brady went the comfort route, but the play design was damn near perfect.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:46 am
King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:38 am

IF Brady throws to Evans, thats either a DPI or a TD. Outside rush had no chance of getting to Brady on that play regardless of how poorly Smith "blocked" him. It's a TD to either of two men, from the snap. Brady went the comfort route, but the play design was damn near perfect.
The cool thing is I don’t think it was the original play design more of a audible to block and then another audible to block then run. Brady obviously saw the DE and LB and knew the lb was gonna blitz and knew no way was the DE gonna keep up with Gronk.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Jason Bourne wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:54 am
Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:46 am

The cool thing is I don’t think it was the original play design more of a audible to block and then another audible to block then run. Brady obviously saw the DE and LB and knew the lb was gonna blitz and knew no way was the DE gonna keep up with Gronk.
Agree 100% Tom called out of the intended play based on the look Dallas gave him. NBC did their best to give the play to Gronk but here, we know better.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 am

What happened with that look and what down and distance was it? Run the clip.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:48 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:59 am

What happened with that look and what down and distance was it? Run the clip.
It’s up on Jbf but vita pushed tyron all the way back , Joe Tryon dropped into coverage
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 am
King Bootz wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:14 am

We all have our strengths and weaknesses. For the most part. I mean, my weakness is mayo. Can't stand that shit. Makes me projectile vomit.
Wait, that wasn't you? Image
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:57 pm
Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:17 am

Wait, that wasn't you? Image
Unfriended