Let's Play The "How Much Would It Cost For You" Trade Game

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Let's Play The "How Much Would It Cost For You" Trade Game

Post by MJW »

The rules are simple.

The person above names a Buccaneer. The next person says what they'd require in draft compensation to trade that player away. Let's assume "not at any price" isn't an option. So...

What's the minimum trade compensation you'd accept for...Tristan Wirfs?
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Snake

Re: Let's Play The "How Much Would It Cost For You" Trade Game

Post by Snake »

MJW wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:50 am The rules are simple.

The person above names a Buccaneer. The next person says what they'd require in draft compensation to trade that player away. Let's assume "not at any price" isn't an option. So...

What's the minimum trade compensation you'd accept for...Tristan Wirfs?
This is really tough. He is an incredible player who is young and under team control for a while. He, like everyone, benefited from playing with Brady. I still think he’s a top-five right tackle on a bad day. All pro in his second year. Health willing, that’s a Hall of Fame type guy.

Picks are always great. However, you can spend three first round draft picks on linemen and there’s a good chance none of them hold Wirfs’ jock.

I’m only trading him to a team with a top five draft pick and if I absolutely need a QB (and have one targeted). I want that first, that year’s second, and next year‘s first. If they don’t want to give up another 1RP, I’ll settle for a second and a fifth. If they have a depth CB I like, I demand that player too. Can’t have enough of those.

I’m going with such a specific scenario because I think he is one of those players that is pretty much impossible to trade.

I offer: Trask
Kona

Post by Kona »

Trask is an interesting one. With the way things look right now he seems to be the guy (as he’s the only one on the roster). Things will change soon, but for right now if someone offered a early late first/early 2nd rounder I think OBP would listen.

Next up, Vita Vea
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Vita Vea may not be a huge sack guy but he eats up blockers and gets surge in the pocket. He is also entering his prime. For me it would take either a 1st, 2nd, and 5th or 2 2nd round picks and a 4th.

I present: Mike Evans.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Woah huge undervalue on Vea.

Evans goes for a 2nd and 3rd. Amari’s value shows there isn’t a market for a WR, especially one who drops balls and sometimes cuts routes short. Hard worker, leader though.

Devin White.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:54 am Woah huge undervalue on Vea.

Evans goes for a 2nd and 3rd. Amari’s value shows there isn’t a market for a WR, especially one who drops balls and sometimes cuts routes short. Hard worker, leader though.

Devin White.
DW’s play is soo uneven, and we’d have tough decision on our hands whether to extend him in a couple of years.

A 2nd rounder gets this deal done.

Donovan Smith
Snake

Post by Snake »

acmillis wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:15 am

Devin White.
DW’s play is soo uneven, and we’d have tough decision on our hands whether to extend him in a couple of years.

A 2nd rounder gets this deal done.

Donovan Smith
I agree about White. second sounds about right.

Does anyone think Donovan Smith has surplus value at his salary and without TB12? Maybe a sixth?

Oh, and, how about AWJr?
Backside

Post by Backside »

A sixth. You’d trade our steady, always improving, under 30 LT for a sixth? I was going to say the Tunsil two firsts package.

Our super talented going into his fourth year LB for a second? Really won’t have much to show for it after gutting the team. And in this game you are basically saying you’d be into these deals.

For Winfield I want a top 10 pick, plus another first, plus filler. Or three firsts+.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Devin White.
For a guy who had 4 sacks in his best year so far? I think it's more likely I overvalued him. Run stuffers aren't coveted anymore.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Tom Brady
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Doctor wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:37 pmTom Brady
Very very tough here. Brady is the GOAT, and while many believe his best years are behind him, he is still going strong at an age where most guys are sipping drinks by the pool talking about how good they used to be.

I would demand either a first round pick, or a second round pick and a starting player from the other team. Granted, only teams that have all their pieces in place and need a top flight QB to win a Super Bowl will make this trade.

Next up..... Antoine Winfield Jr
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I'd take a first and a conditional later round pick for Winfield. I love the player and the guy but a combination of him not being around long enough to fully establish himself, S not being a premier position, and the drastic failure the Jamal Adams trade was work against his value.

I give you JTS.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Conditional 4th with the ability to be upgraded to a 3rd. Conditions based off of playing time.

He's a very tough player to grade because of how young he is. He has great measurables but his 2021 tape showed a guy who can give you pass rush snaps and nothing more. Very very poor run defender and his playing time was kind of a testament to this.

Right now he's a 3rd down player only. A liability on run downs.

Next up, Mike Evans
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:38 pm Conditional 4th with the ability to be upgraded to a 3rd. Conditions based off of playing time.

He's a very tough player to grade because of how young he is. He has great measurables but his 2021 tape showed a guy who can give you pass rush snaps and nothing more. Very very poor run defender and his playing time was kind of a testament to this.

Next up, Mike Evans
Evans has already been offered up.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Man, either some of you absolutely love this draft class or are really short-changing our players.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:53 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:38 pm Conditional 4th with the ability to be upgraded to a 3rd. Conditions based off of playing time.

Next up, Mike Evans
Oops. I'll say Jamel Dean then
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:05 am
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:53 am

If someone was silly enough to offer me anything better than a fifth, I'd take it.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Here's a good one....

Alex Cappa
Backside

Post by Backside »

whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:08 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:05 am

If someone was silly enough to offer me anything better than a fifth, I'd take it.
This thread continues to make no sense to me.

So straight up, you would rather have a 5th round pick than our #1CB next year? Dean is far from elite, but he is infinitely better than the average 5th rounder, and still on a rookie contract.

I feel like you should have to defend how these trades make sense. We are in a hypothetical where we don't necessarily want to trade the player, but we are offered something we can't say no to.. At the very least can we mention why the compensation would be better than the player?
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

Backside wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:17 pm
whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:08 am

So straight up, you would rather have a 5th round pick than our #1CB next year? Dean is far from elite, but he is infinitely better than the average 5th rounder, and still on a rookie contract.

I feel like you should have to defend how these trades make sense. We are in a hypothetical where we don't necessarily want to trade the player, but we are offered something we can't say no to.. At the very least can we mention why the compensation would be better than the player?
Nobody is going to offer a 3rd or 4th round pick for Dean. I like Dean. When he gets hot, he's pretty good. But nobody is making phone calls for him no matter where he is on the depth chart.
Backside

Post by Backside »

whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:28 pm
Backside wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:17 pm

Nobody is going to offer a 3rd or 4th round pick for Dean. I like Dean. When he gets hot, he's pretty good. But nobody is making phone calls for him no matter where he is on the depth chart.
Okay, so don’t trade him. He’s worth way more to the Bucs than a 5th rounder, right? What other teams would realistically offer shouldn’t factor into it.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I'm no mathologist, but since it's pi day, I'll play one here: a 5th is not "better than a 5th"

Hope that helps clear some things up.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Yeah he’s worth more to the Bucs right now. He’s really an unfortunate case. All the physical talent in the world. Without a brain for the position.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

nybf wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:44 pm I'm no mathologist, but since it's pi day, I'll play one here: a 5th is not "better than a 5th"

Hope that helps clear some things up.
Depends on what's in the bottle!
Push the damned button already!