Miami Lenny??

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Miami Lenny??

Post by Grahamburn »

And they won’t be releasing Barkley. His cap hit is guaranteed, which is why he’s been the target of trade rumors. We’d have to trade for him.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:46 am And they won’t be releasing Barkley. His cap hit is guaranteed, which is why he’s been the target of trade rumors. We’d have to trade for him.
You’re the only person who wants to trade for an injury prone RB making $7M. Injuries to his legs and feet even! It makes zero sense unless we can turn the injuries off in Madden. I would rather draft a RB or bring Lenny back.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:09 am Are we trusting Vaughn to be the guy here? Because, he’s it right now.

Are we trusting a rookie and using a pick in the first 3 rounds? 27? We need an immediate impact starter with that pick. Breece Hall? RB in the first round is blasphemy nowadays.

The going rate for a free agent RB looks like it’s about $6M-$7M per.

I don’t see Fournette taking another discount, and we could certainly use a more dynamic player than he is anyway.

You wouldn’t give up a 4th or 5th round pick to see if Barkley in a contract year could find it again with us? Ok. I would.

I don't think Lenny takes a discount, either. He already has a ring, and he's already done his prove it deals. This is his chance to pay for his family's retirement, and with the current state of running backs in the NFL, he'd be stupid to pass it up.

As for the rest of your post, yes to all. We need Vaughn, we need a veteran to start (or at least push him), and we likely need to draft someone.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Kress wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:37 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:09 am Are we trusting Vaughn to be the guy here? Because, he’s it right now.

Are we trusting a rookie and using a pick in the first 3 rounds? 27? We need an immediate impact starter with that pick. Breece Hall? RB in the first round is blasphemy nowadays.

The going rate for a free agent RB looks like it’s about $6M-$7M per.

I don’t see Fournette taking another discount, and we could certainly use a more dynamic player than he is anyway.

You wouldn’t give up a 4th or 5th round pick to see if Barkley in a contract year could find it again with us? Ok. I would.

I don't think Lenny takes a discount, either. He already has a ring, and he's already done his prove it deals. This is his chance to pay for his family's retirement, and with the current state of running backs in the NFL, he'd be stupid to pass it up.

As for the rest of your post, yes to all. We need Vaughn, we need a veteran to start (or at least push him), and we likely need to draft someone.
My four plus Vaughn

Rachaad White
Pierre Strong Jr.
D'vonte Price
Abram Smith

Heck throw in Calvin Turner too - I wanna see if Tom likes his game.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:59 am
Kress wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:37 am

My four plus Vaughn

Rachaad White
Pierre Strong Jr.
D'vonte Price
Abram Smith

I like that kid Pierce from UF. A bullish runner with a burst of speed once he gets past the first wave of defenders. He can be had in the 4th or 5th round.

White from UGA is also a very good option. He can be had in the 6th round. Reminds me of Larry Csonka when he goes up the middle dragging three guys with him and still gets you four or five yards.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Kress

Post by Kress »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:11 am
White from UGA is also a very good option. He can be had in the 6th round. Reminds me of Larry Csonka when he goes up the middle dragging three guys with him and still gets you four or five yards.

That rarely translates from college to the NFL, where the back's physical dominance over defenders suddenly isn't.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

My four plus Vaughn

Rachaad White
Pierre Strong Jr.
D'vonte Price
Abram Smith

I like that kid Pierce from UF. A bullish runner with a burst of speed once he gets past the first wave of defenders. He can be had in the 4th or 5th round.

I really like Isaiah Spiller from Texas A&M. He remind me of Adrian Foster
MJW

Post by MJW »

Dameon Pierce, end of 3rd. He's a productive, physical, sneaky dangerous runner in the Frank Gore mold. He's the best pass blocking back in this draft. He's comfortable as a lead blocker. He has good hands.

Best way I can describe him - a more explosive Earnest Graham who does everything Earnest did (block, catch passes, gain tough yardage) better than Graham did.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:49 pm Dameon Pierce, end of 3rd. He's a productive, physical, sneaky dangerous runner in the Frank Gore mold. He's the best pass blocking back in this draft. He's comfortable as a lead blocker. He has good hands.

Best way I can describe him - a more explosive Earnest Graham who does everything Earnest did (block, catch passes, gain tough yardage) better than Graham did.
Has Licht ever drafted someone from the big 3 schools here in Florida other than Jameis?
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:32 pm
MJW wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:49 pm Dameon Pierce, end of 3rd. He's a productive, physical, sneaky dangerous runner in the Frank Gore mold. He's the best pass blocking back in this draft. He's comfortable as a lead blocker. He has good hands.

Has Licht ever drafted someone from the big 3 schools here in Florida other than Jameis?
Vernon Hargreaves and Roberto Aguayo.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Brazen331 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:34 pm

Vernon Hargreaves and Roberto Aguayo.
They all worked out great. That's probably why I forgot them.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:37 pm

Again everyone is calling him Kyle Trash, forgot him too lol.
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Every time they call him that, I root for him a little harder.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

A bunch and they all are fucking trash. Stay the fuck away from the trash bin.
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:00 pm

Auto correct is a bitch
MJW

Post by MJW »

The market for Lenny is getting interesting.

I pegged him at about 2-16-10 or so.

Most teams COULD squeeze that on their cap. Some teams I think could try:

- Chicago. Eberflus knows this is a rebuild. The best way to compete with a young QB in that situation is to run the ball a ton, something he knows about from Indy. Lenny would be a good 1B starter with David Montgomery.

- Falcons. They're in cap hell. But they desperately need a back, and Arthur Smith knows something about building an offense around a power runner.

- Jets. Michael Carter is a nice player, as many of us predicted. But he's a 3rd Down/COP type back. Lenny would look good on 1st and 2nd down.

- Texans. No reading tea leaves. Davis Johnson is about cooked and Lovie has made it clear upgrading the RB Room is a priority.

- Titans. Would now be a good time to go from 80-20 with Henry's carries to maybe 60-40?

- Chargers. Ekeler is a great weapon, but sometimes the job calls for a hammer. Herbert would eat off those play actions when Lenny is running well.

- Chiefs. See Chargers. The Chiefs have one way to beat you. Using Lenny to shorten games when Mahomes is having an off day would be another.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

295 Dameon Pierce Florida RB 3.27 7-FA Scouting Report
Conference SEC
Year 4Sr
Height 5-9.5
Weight 220
40 4.57
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:14 pm

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/1 ... h-spiller/
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:56 am
Phantom wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:14 pm

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/1 ... h-spiller/
I like him as well. He is an all around back. Would be a perfect for us and Bruce "we don't pay for running backs" Arians.