Welcome WR Russell Gage

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
real bucs fan

Re: Welcome WR Russell Gage

Post by real bucs fan »

Ya I’ll trust Brady’s assessment. With Godwin back, I stand corrected. I’m just not gonna pretend I know how any of this cap stuff works lol
nybf

Post by nybf »

real bucs fan wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:15 am I’m just not gonna pretend I know how any of this cap stuff works lol
Pfft.... You'll never get 10% of the boards total post count if you don't pretend to know everything, even things that contradict other things you pretend to know.
nybf

Post by nybf »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 am
nybf wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:21 am Pfft.... You'll never get 10% of the boards total post count if you don't pretend to know everything, even things that contradict other things you pretend to know.
How did you come up with that number? Peeping profiles?
It's just an arbitrary number I pulled out of my ass. I am the only one allowed to be a pedantic asshole that just makes shit up and I'll just say "close enough" to whatever ends up being the right number. But if you are off by even one one-thousandth of one percent, I will act as if you are the dumbest mother fucker to ever breathe.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

How do we compare this move to the Allen Robinson move by the Rams. Contracts are pretty similar. I like this one because of what the guy can do underneath. Brady loves that versatile guy.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

We're stacked at WR but still have the 2nd best corps in the league. The NFL is wild.
MJW

Welcome WR Russell Gage

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:51 pm We're stacked at WR but still have the 2nd best corps in the league. The NFL is wild.
After last year, I'll be forgiven if I don't feel great about our depth. With the exception of a good game from Grayson and a huge moment for Perriman, none of those guys we thought were good enough to start looked good enough to play last year. And we only have 1 TE and 1 RB on the roster, so we've got a ways to go until we feel good about "ground and pound" if we need to.

Depth is the one thing cap magicians can't work their way around. If you're tight on the cap, your depth suffers. If injuries hit, you're usually done for. It's not surprising the Saints managed to wriggle their way free and should field a competitive 53. The surprise will be if they have depth anymore. Or if we do.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:51 pm We're stacked at WR but still have the 2nd best corps in the league. The NFL is wild.
Rams and Bengals are probably above us IMO.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:11 am
Rams and Bengals are probably above us IMO.
This…

Rams…. Allen Robinson? Fuck
Snake

Post by Snake »

Watching the Gage film…curious what I’ll see.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Is he the one?

IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Snake wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:42 pm Can’t tell if Kress smartassery.
Why, because you need the blue font to color the answer? Good grief, man (?), you've been around these parts long enough.
Push the damned button already!
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

nybf wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:02 pm
PetePierson wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:22 am

How did you come up with that number? Peeping profiles?
It's just an arbitrary number I pulled out of my ass. I am the only one allowed to be a pedantic asshole that just makes shit up and I'll just say "close enough" to whatever ends up being the right number. But if you are off by even one one-thousandth of one percent, I will act as if you are the dumbest mother fucker to ever breathe.
Hey now!
Push the damned button already!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Not sure if this already post but I thought it was cool

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/335 ... -was-prank
Snake

Post by Snake »

“I was 3 years old when Tom entered the NFL.”
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Listening to Gage's press conference and my biggest takeaway is still the hard-on Jenna Laine rocks for Tom Brady. Been going on so long it's time for her to see a doctor.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:24 pm Listening to Gage's press conference and my biggest takeaway is still the hard-on Jenna Laine rocks for Tom Brady. Been going on so long it's time for her to see a doctor.
👀
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:24 pm Listening to Gage's press conference and my biggest takeaway is still the hard-on Jenna Laine rocks for Tom Brady. Been going on so long it's time for her to see a doctor.
Jenna is horrible at her job.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:59 pm Not sure if this already post but I thought it was cool

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/335 ... -was-prank
Very cool. Thanks for posting this
I said what I said

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:58 am
I see this from a number of posters, but I disagree. Jenna focuses on two things: story angles that will appeal to a national audience and humanizing the player. I don’t understand why she gets so much hate.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:29 am
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:58 am

I see this from a number of posters, but I disagree. Jenna focuses on two things: story angles that will appeal to a national audience and humanizing the player. I don’t understand why she gets so much hate.
Because of the national audience bit. She’s a beat reporter for the Bucs. Without Brady, she knows no one cares. I’ve seen her make stories about her opinion of things too. Not her place. Post the facts, about Football, and stay out of the way. She wants to be famous. Greg Auman is good at his job.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:39 am

Because of the national audience bit. She’s a beat reporter for the Bucs. Without Brady, she knows no one cares. I’ve seen her make stories about her opinion of things too. Not her place. Post the facts, about Football, and stay out of the way. She wants to be famous. Greg Auman is good at his job.
ESPN readers aren’t there for basic stats and facts. As you’ve stated that’s why we have local reporters like Auman. Non-Buccaneers football fans don’t care about the day to day crap Auman shares. They want to know as much about Brady (or someone else with a nationally known name) as she can share. The personal interest stories on Mike Evans, Godwin, Marpet etc all drive interest from people who wouldn’t otherwise give a damn about those players.

She does her job. You just don’t realize her job is not the same as Auman’s.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Anyone beat/local has aspirations to move to the big leagues aka national level coverage. Most of the media women orbiting teams I follow ended up moving on for bigger things.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Auman wrote better when he was with the Tampa Bay Times.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:05 pm
ESPN readers aren’t there for basic stats and facts. As you’ve stated that’s why we have local reporters like Auman. Non-Buccaneers football fans don’t care about the day to day crap Auman shares. They want to know as much about Brady (or someone else with a nationally known name) as she can share. The personal interest stories on Mike Evans, Godwin, Marpet etc all drive interest from people who wouldn’t otherwise give a damn about those players.

Pretty much.

She's there to sum up the Bucs for either casuals or fans of other teams. Auman is there to speak primarily to the hardcores. If I had to ask a question about Kobe Smith's potential role in the revamped defensive line, I'd ask Auman. I'm sure Jenna knows plenty about Kobe Smith, but stories like that aren't her bag anymore.

I do think Auman is the better writer. But Jenna is fine. I don't understand the shit she takes. Well, I do. But it 's a much bigger topic than I feel like getting into right now.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:05 pm

Yeah, I don't get that either. The entire way you move up in media is by having a personality and opinion, having people like what you say, and growing an audience. You want just the facts there's a stats page.