board purpose

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Re: board purpose

Post by Primeminister »

Getting old is a gift as long as you do it right. Otherwise it’s a self-fulfilling curse.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Getting old was fine until I got neuropathy in my legs. Now it's sub par. On the plus side (or bad side depending upon having to pay 1000s in bills), they said I don't have signs of cancer, my heart was good, and so was my brain. The biggest problem is balance. Going down 10 degree or more inclines and standing for more than a few minutes is a ass pucker moment even with a cane.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Why don't we get Fantasy, Survival and Pick Em leagues going? It's too late for this year but next year we could
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Uhmm…
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm Why don't we get Fantasy, Survival and Pick Em leagues going? It's too late for this year but next year we could
@Crocaneers
McFan

Post by McFan »

Admin1 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:59 am First off... This is not "MY" board. It belongs to all of us. We need to populate it, run it, monitor it, and build it. I need manes for Administrators, Moderators, and theme productions.

As it stands right now, this board is functional... It can serve as a place we can come to. But it needs to improve. We need ideas and people that can carry it out.
what's second off? Inquiring minds etc...

Actually, this place is well done. Needs to be a little more "high strung" for my liking but then again TBB are the best team in the NFL so not much to be high strung about... JETS fans just don't compute rooting for a team this good...

Anyway, really well done Admin1 et. al... kudos.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:37 am Nothing wrong with getting old, it sure beats the alternative. :)
62 yesterday and still fit to play FB at the Point ...

(M*A*S*H reference)
McFan

Post by McFan »

Primeminister wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:49 am Getting old is a gift as long as you do it right. Otherwise it’s a self-fulfilling curse.
of which there is no recourse.. that's the tragedy of it all..
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm Why don't we get Fantasy, Survival and Pick Em leagues going? It's too late for this year but next year we could
Please feel free to join the Pick 'em .. we drop the lowest score, so you won't be that far back

viewtopic.php?p=112#p112

Look for Survival 2 .. we usually initiate when folks get killed ... we average ~6 weeks or so before there are two or three teams left (we suck)
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Crocaneers wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:58 pm
Please feel free to join the Pick 'em .. we drop the lowest score, so you won't be that far back

viewtopic.php?p=112#p112

Look for Survival 2 .. we usually initiate when folks get killed ... we average ~6 weeks or so before there are two or three teams left (we suck)
Just joined. Thanks for helping me out.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

kaimaru wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Getting old was fine until I got neuropathy in my legs. Now it's sub par. On the plus side (or bad side depending upon having to pay 1000s in bills), they said I don't have signs of cancer, my heart was good, and so was my brain. The biggest problem is balance. Going down 10 degree or more inclines and standing for more than a few minutes is a ass pucker moment even with a cane.
Best of luck, fella. Nobody deserves to have their body betray them.

My mother is in there somewhere, we know, but the shell has difficulty bringing the words together. It is heart breaking. If the old man is kept from seeing her more than a few days in a row (often this Covid crap, or the weather turning to shit, will prevent him from being with her because they can't let people into the facility), it takes forever to regain the acknowledgement. She looks right through us. Occasionally a sparkle flashes in the depths of her eyes, and you realize she is trying to break through, but then it fades and she just is.
Last edited by IronDog on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Push the damned button already!
Kress

Post by Kress »

McFan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 am I personally hit 4 scores and 2 years on Monday..
McFan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 pm 62 yesterday and still fit to play FB at the Point ...

:?
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

Kress wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 pm
McFan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:35 am I personally hit 4 scores and 2 years on Monday..
McFan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:41 pm 62 yesterday and still fit to play FB at the Point ...

4 tennis scores, maybe?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Uhh hmm
nybf

Post by nybf »

Kress wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:31 pm

Birth records weren't so good back then. You kind of just have to guess.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

IronDog wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:50 am
kaimaru wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:24 pm Getting old was fine until I got neuropathy in my legs. Now it's sub par. On the plus side (or bad side depending upon having to pay 1000s in bills), they said I don't have signs of cancer, my heart was good, and so was my brain. The biggest problem is balance. Going down 10 degree or more inclines and standing for more than a few minutes is a ass pucker moment even with a cane.

My mother is in there somewhere, we know, but the shell has difficulty bringing the words together. It is heart breaking. If the old man is kept from seeing her more than a few days in a row (often this Covid crap, or the weather turning to shit, will prevent him from being with her because they can't let people into the facility), it takes forever to regain the acknowledgement. She looks right through us. Occasionally a sparkle flashes in the depths of her eyes, and you realize she is trying to break through, but then it fades and she just is.
I can understand. My dad passed recently. He just couldn't recognize any of us. We made sure he didn't go to a home. My sister and her family took him in. It was very hard to see and experience. Toward the end, he thought strangers was in his house. My sons loved him, they were the apples of his eyes. I was hesitant to force them to see him as I knew it was very hard for them. So I asked them if they wanted to come with me. They always did. So yeah, I feel for you.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:28 pm

I can understand. My dad passed recently. He just couldn't recognize any of us. We made sure he didn't go to a home. My sister and her family took him in. It was very hard to see and experience. Toward the end, he thought strangers was in his house. My sons loved him, they were the apples of his eyes. I was hesitant to force them to see him as I knew it was very hard for them. So I asked them if they wanted to come with me. They always did. So yeah, I feel for you.
That's something I hope my kids never have to deal with. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

We went through this with my husbands father from 85yrs told to 93 when he passed. The paranoia was very challenging. He thought neighbors were breaking in and stealing all of his tools. The only moment that we found humor in was when he accused his wife (who was 90) of leaving the house to go meet her drug dealer who he also accused of cheating on him with. But overall it was just so challenging.
I said what I said

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:16 pm

We went through this with my husbands father from 85yrs told to 93 when he passed. The paranoia was very challenging. He thought neighbors were breaking in and stealing all of his tools. The only moment that we found humor in was when he accused his wife (who was 90) of leaving the house to go meet her drug dealer who he also accused of cheating on him with. But overall it was just so challenging.
I feel for you, that's something hard to live through. I was fortunate enough not to have to bear his brunt all day like my sister's family. He used to threaten to beat her up because he didn't recognize her.