Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Kress

Re: Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

Post by Kress »

The officials claim they were getting the phone number for a golf coach.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm
Wait……So the game official who went to Texas A&M was asking a Bucs player, who also just happened to go to Texas A&M for the phone number of a golf coach……And the Bucs player happen to know the number off the top of his head while walking off the field after a game?

Totally checks out.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:51 pm
Kress wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:43 pm

Wait……So the game official who went to Texas A&M was asking a Bucs player, who also just happened to go to Texas A&M for the phone number of a golf coach……And the Bucs player happen to know the number off the top of his head while walking off the field after a game?

Totally checks out.
He said the other official was there because he didn't have a piece of paper. Should have just asked Evans to use his jersey to write the number down.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:51 pm

Totally checks out.
He said the other official was there because he didn't have a piece of paper. Should have just asked Evans to use his jersey to write the number down.
Would've saved some trees
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

A short week could be the very thing to get our season back on track. The Ravens are just as beat up as we are, if not more.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Would like to see Hicks and Julio play if possible. They already had time to take their checks to the bank so maybe they could get back on the field now?
tnbandwagoner1

Post by tnbandwagoner1 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:20 am
tnbandwagoner1 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:09 am
To say that Shanahan is a better playcaller than Leftwich is like saying Mozart is better than Brittany Spears. I'll go out on a limb and venture that Shanahan could draw up a play or two that made the best use of the GOAT, and could probably re-design his running game to not rely on the quarterback running.
Kyle Shanahan is rather overrated as an OC/play caller. Niners fans actually have wanted him to give up duties for a few years now. Mike McDaniel had way more input than people realized.

Also if you look closely at the Niners offense, it's not very efficient. They leave a lot of meat on the bone and settle for a lot of FGs, like yesterday or go through long periods where they stall. And honestly it wouldn't benefit the Niners to redesign their run game because their Olinemen do their best getting in space.

I'm shocked Bucs fans are giving Shanahan so much credit, but then again as I've stated people are more emotional than rational today.
I think it's a matter of levels. I'll readily agree that Shanahan is not perfect; he isn't, for example, a playcaller on the level of Andy Reid. But he's as much a better playcaller than Lefty as Brady is a better quarterback than Ryan Leaf. There is some innovation and imagination that goes into the plays he scripts; those qualities are utterly, cataclysmically absent from Lefty's flailing attempts at playcalling.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

tnbandwagoner1 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:35 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:20 am

Kyle Shanahan is rather overrated as an OC/play caller. Niners fans actually have wanted him to give up duties for a few years now. Mike McDaniel had way more input than people realized.

Also if you look closely at the Niners offense, it's not very efficient. They leave a lot of meat on the bone and settle for a lot of FGs, like yesterday or go through long periods where they stall. And honestly it wouldn't benefit the Niners to redesign their run game because their Olinemen do their best getting in space.

I'm shocked Bucs fans are giving Shanahan so much credit, but then again as I've stated people are more emotional than rational today.
I think it's a matter of levels. I'll readily agree that Shanahan is not perfect; he isn't, for example, a playcaller on the level of Andy Reid. But he's as much a better playcaller than Lefty as Brady is a better quarterback than Ryan Leaf. There is some innovation and imagination that goes into the plays he scripts; those qualities are utterly, cataclysmically absent from Lefty's flailing attempts at playcalling.
You can't be talking about Kyle Shanahan, Mike Shanahan's son. There's absolutely nothing innovative or imaginative about the Niners offense.

Do this. Go look back at tape of Mike Shanahan's Broncos offense in the 90s/2000s and in Washington in the mid-late 2000s. You'll swear you're looking at the Niners offense of today. He literally took his father's offense and added a wrinkle of using his star WR as a RB. But there is nothing special about that system.

I get that there's an effort here to discredit what Byron Leftwich has done here. But you're better off using a different team with a much better OC & playcaller than Kyle Shanahan.
McFan

Post by McFan »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:45 pm You can't be talking about Kyle Shanahan, Mike Shanahan's son. There's absolutely nothing innovative or imaginative about the Niners offense.
Trying telling Colin Cowherd that. He thinks K. Shanahan could teach Bill Walsh a thing or too. I agree with you, without Garrapolo, the boy genius has a losing record at the helm..