Alvin Kamara arrested after the Pro-Bowl

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: Alvin Kamara arrested after the Pro-Bowl

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:35 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:25 pm

Kamara was a known thug?
Thug behavior thug label. Simple
"thugs gonna thug" isn't something normally said regarding someone who, as fas as I can tell, has never been accused of anything even close to this.
Kress

Post by Kress »

nybf wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:34 pm
Kress wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 pm

Wait, did you even read the same thing I just read?
You've never seen an unconscious man on the ground throw the first punch?

No, and I don't plan to because I always make sure to stomp him out before he has the chance.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kress wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:31 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:46 pm

One thing to note in the piece was that Kamara did not throw the first punch. If the victim threw the first punch that might change how things are viewed by a jury, but given the continued beating while the guy is on the ground I would not think by that much.
Wait, did you even read the same thing I just read?
Yep, I missed that detail. Thanks for pointing that out.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

There’s a rumour floating around that Kamara and his friends gave the guy money for drugs and he disappeared (robbed them).
Snake

Post by Snake »

Not Alvin! Noooooo
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Well to be fair if someone robs you they deserve a beating lol
nybf

Post by nybf »

What's the stupidest unsubstantiated rumor with zero backing that we could post and snake would jump all over because it confirms his bias?
Snake

Post by Snake »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:20 pm Well to be fair if someone robs you they deserve a beating lol
Yeah stomp his head into mush!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

2 years with an NFL team and we already have a DUI homicide and an assault in a nightclub. Imagine the Super Bowl week in 2 years.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:32 pm 2 years with an NFL team and we already have a DUI homicide and an assault in a nightclub. Imagine the Super Bowl week in 2 years.
You make a good point. This is what people feared.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Kamara’s in a world of shit….
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Kamara is still young and talented. So long as he doesn't miss more than a year, he'll be back.

His legal team is going to have their work cut out for them though. If the above report is accurate and the other guy never threw a single punch, that video will be damning.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

I will admit I own Kamara in a dynasty league so hoping he’s not in big trouble. Always been a huge fan of the player, even if he is a Saint.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

I guess its fine to beat someones brains out as long as hes on your fantasy team. Human life is secondary
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Obsolete wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 pm I guess its fine to beat someones brains out as long as hes on your fantasy team. Human life is secondary
Do you watch football???

Look, if the guy was completely innocent and/or has serious debilitating injuries then that’s one thing…

But from the information I’ve read the guy was a lowlife thief and is going to be fine.

Worst things happen to better people every minute of every day.
MJW

Post by MJW »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:51 pm But from the information I’ve read the guy was a lowlife thief and is going to be fine.
Oh, he only curb-stomped a petty commoner? Sounds like Mr. Plebian Trash should apologize to the Celebrity for getting his mediocrity on his wingtips!
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

MJW wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:58 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:51 pm But from the information I’ve read the guy was a lowlife thief and is going to be fine.
Oh, he only curb-stomped a petty commoner? Sounds like Mr. Plebian Trash should apologize to the Celebrity for getting his mediocrity on his wingtips!
I read the guy was a drug dealer who robbed Kamaras friend.
MJW

Post by MJW »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:03 am
MJW wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Link? I can find nothing about the victim.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

MJW wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:16 am
real bucs fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:03 am
Can’t find it, have read a million comments between Twitter and Reddit. But I’m going to give Kamara the benefit of the doubt that this wasn’t just some unprovoked attack. He doesn’t seem like some psycho who would just attack someone randomly.

And anyways, it was a bar fight. Let’s dial it down a notch. He didn’t beat up a pregnant girlfriend or shoot anyone. I’m sure many posters here have been involved in things similar or worse.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:44 am

Can’t find it, have read a million comments between Twitter and Reddit. But I’m going to give Kamara the benefit of the doubt that this wasn’t just some unprovoked attack. He doesn’t seem like some psycho who would just attack someone randomly.

And anyways, it was a bar fight. Let’s dial it down a notch. He didn’t beat up a pregnant girlfriend or shoot anyone. I’m sure many posters here have been involved in things similar or worse.

Ah, the ubiquitous twitter/reddit comment. You're either an idiot for believing random twitter bullshit or you're just making shit up.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Like Gallagher used to say....."Wherever you leak, life hangs a bucket!"

Those cameras are everywhere.
Push the damned button already!
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

From bar fight to elevator beat down, to petty criminal that deserved it. Not looking good.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I read that the guy had the formula for the cure for cancer in his pocket and kamara's friends are henchmen for big pharma so they beat him to steal it back.

I've read so many fascinating things about the victim that I can't remember exactly where I saw that.
Snake

Post by Snake »

this is clearly out of character for Kamara. I have met many good people who beat others into an unconscious pulp over a failed drug deal. While surrounded by other well meaning good people who joined in the stomping. Misunderstood! Misrepresented! I’m sure the video will clear this up.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:46 am this is clearly out of character for Kamara. I have met many good people who beat others into an unconscious pulp over a failed drug deal. While surrounded by other well meaning good people who joined in the stomping. Misunderstood! Misrepresented! I’m sure the video will clear this up.
You think this post is clever, but you still haven't been able to answer - what about this incident was "in character" for Kamara?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The video, according to police, corroborated the victim's story. So, I'm going to have to give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case. Oh, and it wasn't a "bar fight" in the sense you put it. It was an unnecessary beatdown on a victim that didn't do anything to deserve the level of response he received. Plus, he never threw a single punch. Most bar fights I've seen, all parties involved were fighting. That wasn't the case here according to the video evidence.

I also call bullshit on the, "he robbed one of their group," story as well. If that were the case, the dude wouldn't have later been trying to ride on an elevator with him unless he was severely mentally challenged.
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

nybf wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:42 am I read that the guy had the formula for the cure for cancer in his pocket and kamara's friends are henchmen for big pharma so they beat him to steal it back.

I've read so many fascinating things about the victim that I can't remember exactly where I saw that.
Maybe the victim was a fan of no-hitters and Kamara and his buddies said, "I'll show you a no-hitter"
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:51 pm
Obsolete wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 pm I guess its fine to beat someones brains out as long as hes on your fantasy team. Human life is secondary
Do you watch football???

Look, if the guy was completely innocent and/or has serious debilitating injuries then that’s one thing…

But from the information I’ve read the guy was a lowlife thief and is going to be fine.

Worst things happen to better people every minute of every day.
So even if that bs story comes out to be true, you really think its fine for multiple people to jump 1 person?
Kamara is a world class athlete at the top of physical peek, if he cant handle his own shit then I don't know what to tell you.
Either way you look at it, it comes off extremely bad.
If it was just kamara kicking the shit out of a dude over a drug deal gone wrong...its whatever, the fact its him + friends makes it the most chicken shit thing ever.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 am

The video, according to police, corroborated the victim's story. So, I'm going to have to give the police the benefit of the doubt in this case. Oh, and it wasn't a "bar fight" in the sense you put it. It was an unnecessary beatdown on a victim that didn't do anything to deserve the level of response he received. Plus, he never threw a single punch. Most bar fights I've seen, all parties involved were fighting. That wasn't the case here according to the video evidence.

I also call bullshit on the, "he robbed one of their group," story as well. If that were the case, the dude wouldn't have later been trying to ride on an elevator with him unless he was severely mentally challenged.
Exactly. One tends not to continue hanging out with folks after just having robbed them.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

And now reports saying he lied to the police regarding the incident...

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-al ... e-trending

Hoo boy!
Push the damned button already!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Model citizen.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:45 amModel citizen.
Still no word on how this was in character for him, huh?
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

We’re all jumping to conclusions based on the info we have as people do regardless of topic. I for one don’t think this is as bad as some folks are making it appear. We will see what the real situation was once all of the information comes out.
nybf

Post by nybf »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:52 am We’re all jumping to conclusions based on the info we have
Does "the info we have" include "race of the suspect"? Because that's clearly what snake is basing his conclusions on.