Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who do you WANT the Bucs to go all in on?

Aaron Rodgers
28%
Russell Wilson
11%
Deshaun Watson
8%
Derrick Carr
6%
Jared Goff
No votes
Jameis Winston
2%
Kyle Trask
32%
Draft a new guy
11%
Some other FA
No votes
Some other trade-for-player
2%

Total votes: 53

MRM

Re: Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

Post by MRM »

Watson still hasn't been charged with anything. And probably won't be. If he intends on playing in '22, he needs to settle these cases soon.

Maybe it's somewhat wishful thinking on my part, but I keep getting the feeling Watson will be in Tampa this season. I guess it depends on what Houston wants for him.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's a big gamble his lawyer is taking. Pretty much betting that our messed up and broken justice system is... well messed and broken.

Granted, not the worst bet ever, but I still don't know how they didn't settle this long ago. Think his lawyer wants that limelight.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

He be a great culture fit in Washington
MJW

Post by MJW »

At this point, the Gabbert/Trask/Suck plan is the most palatable, unless you have a terminal illness and will be leaving this mortal plane soon.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Naismith

Post by Naismith »

My dream scenario is that Brady tells the team he wants to play in San Fran and they trade him for Lance, though I suspect the Bucs wouldn't make that trade.

If the Bucs don't swing a trade for an established QB, I'd like them to sign Trubisky and have him compete with Gabbert and Trask.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Glad no one wanted Wentz. He was shipped to Washington. Back in the NFC East
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:02 pm Glad no one wanted Wentz. He was shipped to Washington. Back in the NFC East
So the Colts have no QB and no 1st round pick.

The Bucs QB situation is pretty bad, but it isn't Colts level bad.

I could see the Colts making a run at Jamiss in free agency. Colts have a good line and beast of a RB to go along with a solid defense. They also play in a shitty division with with the Jaguars and Texans.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

MJW wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:31 am At this point, the Gabbert/Trask/Suck plan is the most palatable, unless you have a terminal illness and will be leaving this mortal plane soon.
It’s the only real option we are faced with unless they want to take on the bad press of getting Watson. Which is why we should be biting a bullet this offseason to get ourselves in position to get the right QB later, but our organization thinks it’s smart management to max out your cap when you have arguably the worst QB situation in the league.
BearLandBucFan

Post by BearLandBucFan »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:02 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:31 am At this point, the Gabbert/Trask/Suck plan is the most palatable, unless you have a terminal illness and will be leaving this mortal plane soon.
It’s the only real option we are faced with unless they want to take on the bad press of getting Watson. Which is why we should be biting a bullet this offseason to get ourselves in position to get the right QB later, but our organization thinks it’s smart management to max out your cap when you have arguably the worst QB situation in the league.
I'm not worried about our QB situation as much as our OL. At this point, stick a cardboard cutout of Shaun King out there. LOL
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:14 pm 22 Rub & Tug broads totally conspired as they usually are really smart, that's why they stroke hogs for a living.

Watson is Human Turnover Machine dumb for not paying these whoooo-oars off long time ago.

No thanks... let him go harass Asian "spas" in another city.
I legit lol’d Pete. Bravo.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:14 pm 22 Rub & Tug broads totally conspired as they usually are really smart, that's why they stroke hogs for a living.

Watson is Human Turnover Machine dumb for not paying these whoooo-oars off long time ago.

Well when you put it that way.. it almost sounds dumber to believe that “22 rug & tug broads” all came forward around the same time WITHOUT any sort of conspiring together.

I mean either

A. Rug & Tug #1 came forward and #2 heard about it and did too and so on… (where would #2 have heard about this and been able to connect the dots? Again, the premise is that these aren’t the brightest people.. you’re telling me they all recognized Watson from hearing it in the news and nothing else?
More likely they heard about it from within rug & tug social circles… AKA conspiring…

Or

B. They flat out conspired together from the get go

Do you truly believe 22 individuals in the same line of work came forward around the same time without communication amongst themselves?

Seems rather unlikely
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Sdbucs wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 pm

Well when you put it that way.. it almost sounds dumber to believe that “22 rug & tug broads” all came forward around the same time WITHOUT any sort of conspiring together.

I mean either

A. Rug & Tug #1 came forward and #2 heard about it and did too and so on… (where would #2 have heard about this and been able to connect the dots? Again, the premise is that these aren’t the brightest people.. you’re telling me they all recognized Watson from hearing it in the news and nothing else?
More likely they heard about it from within rug & tug social circles… AKA conspiring…

Or

Do you truly believe 22 individuals in the same line of work came forward around the same time without communication amongst themselves?

Seems rather unlikely
Sure, because that's not at all how it occurred.

On April 6th there were only 2 women. They were coming forward one by one over the course of almost 2 months.

On March 23 the number hit 24...2 have backed out.

And many of them were not really in "that line of work", they were requested to try that line of work by Watson after he found them on Instagram.

It appears the 22 still in all have confirmation that Watson reached out. Some even have apologies from him.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

I heard a theory that no one ever explained to Watson that not all masseuses did happy endings, and as unbelievable as it is, it actually seems the most likely explanation.
Snake

Post by Snake »

real bucs fan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:45 pm I heard a theory that no one ever explained to Watson that not all masseuses did happy endings, and as unbelievable as it is, it actually seems the most likely explanation.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:01 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:52 pm

I mean either

Or

Seems rather unlikely
Sure, because that's not at all how it occurred.

On April 6th there were only 2 women. They were coming forward one by one over the course of almost 2 months.

On March 23 the number hit 24...2 have backed out.

And many of them were not really in "that line of work", they were requested to try that line of work by Watson after he found them on Instagram.

It appears the 22 still in all have confirmation that Watson reached out. Some even have apologies from him.
What happened is when the first two came out, their lawyer started contacting everyone Watson had communicated with on instagram that was also offered massages. I am sure some of them jumped on the bad wagon to get some money. I had read 15 of them, and about 7 were almost plagiarizations of each other. The only difference was where they met or something minor. For that reason and the fact his lawyer is as a celebrity and deceptive. He lied to the media that he gave their statements to the police. Houston police said after a whole week he sent nothing to them. He tried to put their lawsuits in as Jane Doe even though he knows that is against the law in Texas. He probably lied to them and said their identity would never get out. Then he released a ton of information on social media trying to get the court of public opinion poisoned against Watson. So yeah, scumbag lawyer gives me pause how many of these are real.

Don't get me wrong, if Watson did this to even one woman, he is a scum too. Then again if you are highly talented, you can get away with a lot and still play in the NFL.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:44 pm Such a dumb take. I venture to guess that no one on any rendition of this board is more familiar with sex workers (nothing to brag about but is fun).

Dude could have paid legit pros for whatever he desired. Fuck, the real pros even offer NDAs.

This punk played the good guy act bc he donated some money to the cafeteria workers... what a swell guy. All the while forcing women to do shit they didn't want to.

He's a more talented Rapey Winston... then again some dude I never heard of... David...Davis....whatever Mills won as many games as he did with the same roster. Fuck him and fuck you if you support this ficking prick.
Looks like the lawyer suing Watson won. Did I once say I disbelieved that he did this? I only said I think the suing lawyer is a snake oil salesman, and I was questioning if some of them may (not all) fabricated by this lawyer or maybe some women chasing money. Fuck me for actually spending weeks reading everything including the public filings and actually thinking about it. Bad me. You might not like my take, I was just trying to say that not ALL the suits might be real. That is all. Full stop.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Seriously, can we get someone that won't throw the ball to the other team? Been there, done that, for a 5 year stretch at that!
Push the damned button already!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Watson wont face criminal charges, I imagine some team will be trading for him within the coming days. I still think it will be Carolina.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

We always knew this was a cash grab from the start. Great thing for Watson is he gets to start over in a new city with 1 less year of wear and tear.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Well hello Deshaun Watson, welcome to ……. !!!

Stay tuned
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:19 pm Well hello Deshaun Watson, welcome to ……. !!!

Stay tuned
If somehow they find a way to bring him to OBP, we're instantly playoff contenders.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:22 pm
Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:19 pm Well hello Deshaun Watson, welcome to ……. !!!

Stay tuned
If somehow they find a way to bring him to OBP, we're instantly playoff contenders.
Pretty much…

My top 3 Deshaun Watson sweepstakes..

1. Seahawks
2. Bucs
3. Vikings

Out of nowhere: Giants
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 pm We always knew this was a cash grab from the start. Great thing for Watson is he gets to start over in a new city with 1 less year of wear and tear.
This was just for possible criminal charges, so there was no cash up for grabs. The cash grab will be with the civil case which has yet to be heard. There is no grand jury required for a civil case to go to court. In fact, iirc, a judge has already said the civil case can proceed. Also, remember that the burden of proof is not as stringent in civil cases as it is in criminal cases.
Don't tread on me
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

What does Watson cost relative to Wilson? Something similar? Wilson obviously older but has accomplished more and doesn’t have the negativity hanging over him.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:31 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:42 pm We always knew this was a cash grab from the start. Great thing for Watson is he gets to start over in a new city with 1 less year of wear and tear.
This was just for possible criminal charges, so there was no cash up for grabs. The cash grab will be with the civil case which has yet to be heard. There is no grand jury required for a civil case to go to court. In fact, iirc, a judge has already said the civil case can proceed. Also, remember that the burden of proof is not as stringent in civil cases as it is in criminal cases.
That's my point. The criminality of the case was always on shakey ground at best. Most women who are "sexually assaulted" want the perpetrator punished and behind bars. But none of these 22 women seem to care about that as long as they get paid. "Sexual assault" was always a stretch.
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:53 pm What does Watson cost relative to Wilson? Something similar? Wilson obviously older but has accomplished more and doesn’t have the negativity hanging over him.
35M for 2022
37M incl roster bonus for 2023

Fully guaranteed March 30th
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:53 pm What does Watson cost relative to Wilson? Something similar? Wilson obviously older but has accomplished more and doesn’t have the negativity hanging over him.
Watson's APY is $39mil, Wilson's is $35. As far as 2022 goes, Watson has a base salary of $35mil. Wilson's is $19mil.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Sorry, I meant in terms of what it would take to trade for him. IE do we have the ammo to pull it off and would it be worth it.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:17 pm Sorry, I meant in terms of what it would take to trade for him. IE do we have the ammo to pull it off and would it be worth it.
No. Please no.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:17 pm Sorry, I meant in terms of what it would take to trade for him. IE do we have the ammo to pull it off and would it be worth it.
We don't have the financial resources. As great as it would be to acquire a QB as talented as Watson, we can't afford it. Plain and simple.

And you can forget having a 1st round pick for the next 3-4 years as well.
CupidStunt

Post by CupidStunt »

Last I heard Texans still wanted at least five assets with at least three first round picks in there. Doesn't seem like a good idea for the Bucs.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

No charges? That's it? Someone fill me in, was ALL OF IT bullshit or did the lawyer make the charges magically disappear? Like if he REALLY didn't do it then get his ass over here and do it pronto. I don't give a shit what we give up
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

CupidStunt wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Last I heard Texans still wanted at least five assets with at least three first round picks in there. Doesn't seem like a good idea for the Bucs.
Unless we're drafting kickers we're USUALLY okay/solid in the 2nd anyway. That isn't shying me away at all
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

CupidStunt wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 pm
Russell went for 2 1sts, 2 2nds, Fant, Lock, and Shelby Miller. Considering Watson could still be suspended, can’t imagine him surpassing that.

I think 2 1sts and 2 2nds is a good starting point.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

All things are possible if the parties are willing. First, we'd need to offer Texans enough. We don't really have a lot compared to other teams. Some teams are sitting on multiple first-rounder in the next couple of years, we just have our regular picks- which if we get Watson will probably be low picks.

Say we do put enough together, we'd also likely need to restructure/extend him. So he'd have to be on board with that as well.

If all things come together it's possible, but I just don't it at high odds. To be clear, Watson is a total piece of shit and we'd be back in the super bowl with him.