Status Update

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: Status Update

Post by nybf »

ModX wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:43 pm Rules have been updated. You might want to familiarize yourself with them.
The rules have been updated, but clicking on the "forum rules" link returns an error message.

Pete might be on to something. mdb being in the mod forum makes this understandable.

LMAO at least "no racism" is listed ahead of calling out the mods.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

HA!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

These rules are looking more and more like the old Official TBBBB forum. I think I’ll go back to BZ and deal with the spam until it goes belly up.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 pm These rules are looking more and more like the old Official TBBBB forum. I think I’ll go back to BZ and deal with the spam until it goes belly up.
Hit dog will holler. Deuces!
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:41 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:27 pm These rules are looking more and more like the old Official TBBBB forum. I think I’ll go back to BZ and deal with the spam until it goes belly up.
Hit dog will holler. Deuces!
Double deuces. Be a bitch.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Please explain.
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

@King Bootz @kaimaru Neither of you are helping. Enough
nybf

Post by nybf »

Look at bootz and kaimaru throwing up their gang signs. smh my head
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:27 am
Please explain.
Don't question a Mod? Seriously? That's almost caused a PTSD moment right there. Don't mention anything remotely personal about another poster even if they themselves offered that information? Please. They're going to be the sole determiners of racist/bigoted content? :roll:

I see now why I wasn't included in the formation of this place even though I was involved in looking for a new home. Because I'd never have gone along with these draconian rules.

But, fine. I'll give it some more time to see how things shake out. But I'm not very hopeful at the moment.

Oh, and racist Bootzie can shove it up his ass. kaimaru, too, for that matter.

Edit: And add the shutting down threads as well. Threads will die on their own or not. No need to shut them down because things get a little too uncomfortable for a Mod.

Edit 2: I think I know now why you have to have 1000 rep points before you can give a thumbs down to a post. lmao
Last edited by Buc2 on Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Don't tread on me
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

I get the need of rules for a message board, and the need for covering up doxxing…

But there are some people on this board(myself included) who dox themselves on a regular basis.

We’ve been a community for nearly 2 decades bouncing from place to place to place. We’ve had a group of probably 20-30 guys/gals consistently posting. Why not just moderate racist discussion, and reverse racism as well(Bootz the hood would like to hear your arguments though).

I’m one of the most ridiculed people on this board, and rightfully so… but even I don’t complain about insults. It’s the fucking internet. If you report on the internet, you’d call the cops for a minor issue.
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

nybf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 am Look at bootz and kaimaru throwing up their gang signs. smh my head
Surely you know that's not helping either. C'mon man
nybf

Post by nybf »

Mod LV wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:57 am
nybf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:04 am Look at bootz and kaimaru throwing up their gang signs. smh my head
You could just edit my post to make it look more presentable to the board, like you guys did with the original offending post.
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

nybf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:15 am
Mod LV wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:57 am

You could just edit my post to make it look more presentable to the board, like you guys did with the original offending post.
I like you just the way you are. Bootz and Kaimaru have been warned accordingly and we won't have to visit unless they push the issue. You know how it works
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 am Why not just moderate racist discussion, and reverse racism as well(Bootz the hood would like to hear your arguments though).
Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 am Oh, and racist Bootzie can shove it up his ass.

But this is helping??

Let's keep this in perspective also. People call ME racist because I'm black and I'm a fan of NFL players who are also black. Imagine believing that's what racism is. That would be like me saying you guys are racist for supporting any white player.

Others have said their peace, I'll say mine. @Buc2 has that entitlement complex. He seems to feel as if he's marginalized by the rules put in place because he wasn't included in the process. While his criticism might actually be a fair one the truth is he comes off being a bit whiny here with the "I'll take my ball and cry home" speech.

To his credit, he seems like a fair and decent enough guy that he probably should've been included in the process. But that's not my call. That's how I see it.

Now @nybf and @BJJ34 don't start nothin won't be nothin.
nybf

Post by nybf »

If you thought that was me starting something, you're stupider than you look. No one is surprised you missed the joke and instead immediately played the victim card.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:07 pm If you thought that was me starting something, you're stupider than you look. No one is surprised you missed the joke and instead immediately played the victim card.
Dude! You take yourself too seriously. No one fears you. "Don't start nothin, won't be nothin". Joke rebuttal to your obvious joke. Grouped with Lil BJ, who's a joke himself.

Good God man. I can't imagine how much oxy you pop to get rid of the headaches you cause yourself.
Mod LV

Post by Mod LV »

Who wants to get famous first? I told you to drop it. I went through the effort to even tag you specifically Bootz. NY has since added on to the remarks you made first after I addressed him too. I don't care. I am not going to take sides. I am a believer in restraint. I often close threads that get out of hand as opposed to timeout tactics because no one wants to see that. That won't be the case.

Enough. Enjoy your day
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Mod LV wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm Who wants to get famous first? I told you to drop it. I went through the effort to even tag you specifically Bootz. NY has since added on to the remarks you made first after I addressed him too. I don't care. I am not going to take sides. I am a believer in restraint. I often close threads that get out of hand as opposed to timeout tactics because no one wants to see that. That won't be the case.

Enough. Enjoy your day
Downvote.
nybf

Post by nybf »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:20 pm
Mod LV wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:00 pm Who wants to get famous first? I told you to drop it. I went through the effort to even tag you specifically Bootz. NY has since added on to the remarks you made first after I addressed him too. I don't care. I am not going to take sides. I am a believer in restraint. I often close threads that get out of hand as opposed to timeout tactics because no one wants to see that. That won't be the case.

Enough. Enjoy your day
Downvote.
Be careful - someone is going to complain they had to reap what they sowed and more rules will get added to the list.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:20 pm

Enough. Enjoy your day
Downvote.
That's exactly the kind of crap that used to be commonplace at the official Bucs board and one of the reasons that board sucked.

...3...2...1... {thread locked}
Don't tread on me
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:01 am Why not just moderate racist discussion, and reverse racism as well(Bootz the hood would like to hear your arguments though).
Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:19 am Oh, and racist Bootzie can shove it up his ass.

But this is helping??

Let's keep this in perspective also. People call ME racist because I'm black and I'm a fan of NFL players who are also black. Imagine believing that's what racism is. That would be like me saying you guys are racist for supporting any white player.

Others have said their peace, I'll say mine. @Buc2 has that entitlement complex. He seems to feel as if he's marginalized by the rules put in place because he wasn't included in the process. While his criticism might actually be a fair one the truth is he comes off being a bit whiny here with the "I'll take my ball and cry home" speech.

To his credit, he seems like a fair and decent enough guy that he probably should've been included in the process. But that's not my call. That's how I see it.

Bootz…

Black people can be racist against White people too.

Supporting guys beyond their color is nice…

PM is Black too… he NEVER has ever been someone I’d say who hates white people. You, on the otherhand, hate them. It’s quite obvious with your comments.

Me being a joke? Hey, at least I’m self aware enough to know that. You think you’re “smacking” people left and right on an internet message board. As people have said quantity and words don’t make arguments. It’s often brevity and a simple undertone.
nybf

Post by nybf »

LoOk At My ObViOuS jOkE aFtEr FoUr PaRaGrApHs Of VeRy SeRiOuS rAnTiNg
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:10 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:45 pm

But this is helping??

Bootz…

Black people can be racist against White people too.

Supporting guys beyond their color is nice…

PM is Black too… he NEVER has ever been someone I’d say who hates white people. You, on the otherhand, hate them. It’s quite obvious with your comments.

Me being a joke? Hey, at least I’m self aware enough to know that. You think you’re “smacking” people left and right on an internet message board. As people have said quantity and words don’t make arguments. It’s often brevity and a simple undertone.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I just like posting about football and bullshit and hanging out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 pm I just like posting about football and bullshit and hanging out.
Lil BJ just took me on a mind fuck. But this is the bottom line at the end of the day. Why can't it just be this simple.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Can't figure some of y'all out.... We (most of us anyway) have been posting on a message board for years together. Some of us coming from original official board through 3 unofficial ones to keep a dead medium alive....

There aren't many message boards left except PR or Reddit and all I see is complaining about one another and the people that put this together so we could get away from "spam land" and y'all didn't act the fool at the last one

We're all in the same sandbox and there ain't many others to go to so why can't y'all just calm your tits
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:11 pm Can't figure some of y'all out.... We (most of us anyway) have been posting on a message board for years together. Some of us coming from original official board through 3 unofficial ones to keep a dead medium alive....

There aren't many message boards left except PR or Reddit and all I see is complaining about one another and the people that put this together so we could get away from "spam land" and y'all didn't act the fool at the last one

We're all in the same sandbox and there ain't many others to go to so why can't y'all just calm your tits
When the Mods calm their tits, I will.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:11 pm Can't figure some of y'all out.... We (most of us anyway) have been posting on a message board for years together. Some of us coming from original official board through 3 unofficial ones to keep a dead medium alive....

How dare anyone not agree with how things are run, right?

You're right, many don't use message boards, but this group has stuck together. Everyone in this community has their opinion on how things should be run. Many have vocalized that they do not want heavy handed moderation; closing threads, banning people, sending people to timeout, etc. Seems pretty reasonable, no?

There were a handful of people who were concerned that the board would be moderated like the original was and currently they feel validated by that opinion...especially with the "don't call out the mods" shit. It's one of the reasons I wasn't going to make the journey over and why Delt hasn't.

I've posted in this community for 21 years. I've earned the right to voice my displeasure.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I couldn't have said that better. That's why usc makes the big bucks. :lol:
Don't tread on me
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am How dare anyone not agree with how things are run, right?

You're right, many don't use message boards, but this group has stuck together. Everyone in this community has their opinion on how things should be run. Many have vocalized that they do not want heavy handed moderation; closing threads, banning people, sending people to timeout, etc. Seems pretty reasonable, no?

There were a handful of people who were concerned that the board would be moderated like the original was and currently they feel validated by that opinion...especially with the "don't call out the mods" shit.
This is what stuck out to me when I read the rules. I guess they are just ignoring any calling of them out now.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:41 am

How dare anyone not agree with how things are run, right?

There were a handful of people who were concerned that the board would be moderated like the original was and currently they feel validated by that opinion...especially with the "don't call out the mods" shit. It's one of the reasons I wasn't going to make the journey over and why Delt hasn't.

I've posted in this community for 21 years. I've earned the right to voice my displeasure.
Why you gotta hit us with the 21 years and remind me I also have been here for 20 years too.

I’ve dedicated 2/3 of my life to posting here, and at a certain point you have to allow the community to voice displeasure. Even the President can’t ban people from the country for not liking their opinions. This isn’t a dictatorship. If someone gets banned unfairly, the community should be able to rally around them.

Moderation should be limited with how long we’ve been around. Some of us know more details about others and I know some of you have met each other. We’ve been here migrating for so fucking long.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

So much drama on this board. I'm sure it's great for recruiting new members because that's what they want to read, a whole lot of childish bickering instead of talking about the Bucs. Stop taking yourselves so seriously, it's a football forum.

Maybe some of you guys need to start your own board and leave the rest of us to talk football. Idgaf if you've been here 20+ years. You're annoying crap is infesting all the threads. Not taking sides, this is for both and all sides.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The board I run has the ability to move individual posts to another thread if it's inappropriate within the thread it was originally posted in. I'm not sure if that's possible here or even if that would be a desirable option if it were.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:00 pm The board I run has the ability to move individual posts to another thread if it's inappropriate within the thread it was originally posted in. I'm not sure if that's possible here or even if that would be a desirable option if it were.

That's a pretty standard bb function.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:06 pm Here we are, right around two weeks into this venture. From a developer standpoint, there's still a lot to do. There's a shit-ton of room to grow in the visual department, and that's my biggest struggle. I know it's a work in progress and for anyone not using the "GamerDark" theme I've let you down, but you're not forgotten and improvements are coming. Building out a message board wasn't something covered in my NetSec curriculum, and I'm learning as fast as I can.
Posting this here since many may not check the Administration area.

We have a new header. If you are not getting please hit F5 to refresh your browser cache.