Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Miller4Prez64

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Titans 20-6

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

People are more upset and emotional after a loss than a win and are more likely to vent their frustration online. This isn’t some new revelation nor is it exclusive behavior to Bucs fans or this forum.

Also, the Saints are literally leading the division and their loss greatly helps our season. Of course we are going to talk about it…
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

We all know who we play next week. You want buzz? Win that one.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:14 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:07 pm That's what I get for picking up Levis while Hurts is on a bye, lol

Played good defense and offense doesn't look incompetent lately
Funny, I picked up the Bucs D in the forum league.

Oh what? Did you all think that Texans shit was gonna happen again?
Bucs D is on my bench, lol

Picked up Chicago for the week, they did ok
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ME13 only needs to average 35 yards/game to get to 1,000. As long as he’s healthy, add another season to the record!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Onthebrink wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:36 pm They dropped 3 interceptions.
Impossible. I heard only good DCs put their players in a position to make plays and that we don't have one of those.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I am glad Bowles had the meeting where he let the defense say what they didn't like. I am glad they told him stop making the defense too complicated and let them play fast. Worlds different from last week
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm I am glad Bowles had the meeting where he let the defense say what they didn't like. I am glad they told him stop making the defense too complicated and let them play fast. Worlds different from last week
An underrated move, imo. Play fast and smart and everything else usually works itself out. The D was much improved in all phases today and I for one am all for it.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:17 pm
Onthebrink wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:36 pm They dropped 3 interceptions.
Impossible. I heard only good DCs put their players in a position to make plays and that we don't have one of those.
Dude. This defense played like ass last week. Bowles put them in man today way more and they responded.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

kaimaru wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm I am glad Bowles had the meeting where he let the defense say what they didn't like. I am glad they told him stop making the defense too complicated and let them play fast. Worlds different from last week
Like you just pull whatever you want out of your ass dontcha?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:35 pm
Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:17 pm
Dude. This defense played like ass last week. Bowles put them in man today way more and they responded.
We did both today. We do both every game.

We do a little more of one or the other as the game dictates.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:39 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:35 pm

We did both today. We do both every game.

We do a little more of one or the other as the game dictates.
Of course we do. If you couldn’t tell that he played man WAY more on the money downs today versus last week I don’t know what to tell you.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

That's because the Titans attack the money downs from their base formation.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:45 pm That's because the Titans attack the money downs from their base formation.
You’re right. It was smart to play so much zone last week. 👍🏼
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:37 pm
If you watched the game, they had talked to DW who said they watched the film tape as a defense unlike in their position groups. Afterwards, Bowles asked if anyone wanted to make some comments on the defense. He said many people spoke. They wanted the defense not to be as complicated so they can play fast. If you watched the game, you would have heard that
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Are you saying kaimaru just made up that defensive meeting and the players pleading for simpler concepts?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:45 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:28 pm :( I see we won but not much talk about the win. People care more about Jameis Winston. Tells me all I need to know about the Bucs.
Well, we started in third place in the division, and win or lose we ended in third place in the division. There was no truly bone-headed defensive collapse, and no last-minute heroics to win. It wasn't a historic beatdown either way, but it was just far enough out that no one not a hardcore Bucs or Titans fan would have paid the slightest attention to this game. It was a boring win at home. It was the kind of game you like to have during a season if your team is good, and wonder at was-this-win-worth-it if your team is bad. It was the kind of game you don't remember yourself, at all, five years down the road unless it was either your first time taking your granddaughter to Ray Jay for her first game ever or you lost your fantasy football championship on this game for the guy you picked to light it all up, who was a JAG today. This game was not exciting and therefore people aren't saying much. If only we had an exciting win on the road next week, now that might wake up the sleeping fan base.

Let some of the people who attended get back to their keyboards, and perhaps then we'll hear a story or two to spice this thread up just a little. We'll see.
I stand corrected. It is for one week only before we face the 49ers next week, but as a result of this crazy week,
1. We're in second place, not third place in the NFC South.
2. We're one game out of first place and because we beat the Saints, and both Atlanta and New Orleans have a bye, if we somehow defeat the 49ers, we'll be in first place in the NFC South.

I'm pretty much out of Hopeium, but this game was not meaningless after all. Having watched much of the destruction of Jacksonville today, however, we're gonna have to have our best game of the season to even have a puncher's chance next week.
Backside

Post by Backside »

We finally nailed one of these Dline draft picks
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Backside wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:27 pm We finally nailed one of these Dline draft picks
Splash.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:09 pm

Are you saying kaimaru just made up that defensive meeting and the players pleading for simpler concepts?
We have meetings all the time. And if you hear the post games interviews you hear a lot of coming together and you hear a lot of praise for Bowles and a lot of correcting the errors in play.

What you don't hear is this twisted narrative of "the players had a meeting to plead with Bowles to please let them play".
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:58 pm
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:09 pm

We have meetings all the time. And if you hear the post games interviews you hear a lot of coming together and you hear a lot of praise for Bowles and a lot of correcting the errors in play.

What you don't hear is this twisted narrative of "the players had a meeting to plead with Bowles to please let them play".
The commentators literally articulated that the players wanted the defense to be simpler.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Simpler defense can be good. Might be easier to exploit by a better and more evolved offense though. The Titans don't have much other than Derrick Henry. From what I saw on highlights, their Oline got beat like a drum today by our front and their WRs don't get much separation.

That said it's good to see the defense get back on track.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Also I saw a tweet that Devin White was injured. Was it a serious injury?
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:34 pm Simpler defense can be good. Might be easier to exploit by a better and more evolved offense though. The Titans don't have much other than Derrick Henry. From what I saw on highlights, their Oline got beat like a drum today by our front and their WRs don't get much separation.

That said it's good to see the defense get back on track.
Feels like foreshadowing..
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Did Ryan Neal play today????? I was watching the game on my phone, seems like Delaney was always in position.

White is very good in space.

Evans catches that TD and his other drop we win big on offense.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:36 pm Also I saw a tweet that Devin White was injured. Was it a serious injury?
He was out for a play or two and then had a splash play the minute he went back in.

It was probably his best game as a Buc this year. He looked like his old self.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Baker played really well, with the exception of the INT.. but i've seen worst.

Ball location and being-on-time was best all year. Silly drops by wrs/ME.

TN is basic but we've been punched in the face by basic teams before, so it was nice to win the LOS for once
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

https://fishkernfl.com/2413-2/

Bootz, If you wanna watch the game, there it is. I know you were watching 49ers live in Jville, and didn't get to watch the Bucs.
The discussion about the defense watching game film as a unit with open discussion is on there, somewhere.

This was a fun game to watch. The defense played well, played fast, and wasn't exploited by the Titans. The Offense played well enough; Splash plays by Evans.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Thanks Mooz. I'll watch it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

It was a win. Still saw a weakness on defense that I did not like. Lots of things fell the right way for the Buccaneers.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I'll be curious to watch the game tape for the defensive calls and the total number of breakdowns.

Allegedly they had a simplified gameplan defensively with a lot of input from the players on that side of the ball. The only breakdown I can recall is when they motioned to Quad Left and Devin White couldn't figure out his responsibility or make the appropriate check...and so just decided to dilly dally for a moment and then eff it...why not add-on to the Pass Rush...rather than defending that Quad.

Outside of that mental error and assignment issue, I didn't see any major breakdowns in coverage on the back end.

Run Fits mostly seemed good (outside of a particular second level player getting eaten up by a Guard a few times).

A few missed tackles (Devin also had one of those), but overall the actual process of defense looked really sound and the pass rush was hellacious with Kancey and Vea being particularly disruptive up front. The other defensive rookie, Diaby, stood out. LVD and Winfield were both great from a broadcast look at things. LVD's processing loop and ability to beat climbing guards on Screens or in Run Fits and make the play is really just uncanny. That ain't normal folks so treasure it while its still here. Not a lot of years left of that. Only a few ILBs in the league make those kind of plays (and he does it routinely and has for a decade).
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Moozician wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:04 pm https://fishkernfl.com/2413-2/

Bootz, If you wanna watch the game, there it is. I know you were watching 49ers live in Jville, and didn't get to watch the Bucs.
The discussion about the defense watching game film as a unit with open discussion is on there, somewhere.

This was a fun game to watch. The defense played well, played fast, and wasn't exploited by the Titans. The Offense played well enough; Splash plays by Evans.
That is a damn great resource. Thanks for posting this.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

There was one particular explosive play by Titans where Dee Delaney did his best Ryan Neal impression by taking a horrible angle and allowing 15-20 yds after a completion. Watching the Jets game reminds me how solid Jordan Whitehead was for us. We had way too many stars and big names on that side to realize that the guy was a stud in his own right.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm There was one particular explosive play by Titans where Dee Delaney did his best Ryan Neal impression by taking a horrible angle and allowing 15-20 yds after a completion. Watching the Jets game reminds me how solid Jordan Whitehead was for us. We had way too many stars and big names on that side to realize that the guy was a stud in his own right.
you missed the 100 other plays he was not ryan neal
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

bucarican wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:25 pm
Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:02 pm There was one particular explosive play by Titans where Dee Delaney did his best Ryan Neal impression by taking a horrible angle and allowing 15-20 yds after a completion. Watching the Jets game reminds me how solid Jordan Whitehead was for us. We had way too many stars and big names on that side to realize that the guy was a stud in his own right.
Maybe. I am not sure. When Ryan Neal messes up, we all know wo the culprit is because of Neal's overly long dreads. It is possible Delaney also sucks, under the radar, and we need a quality safety bad.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Jonny wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:35 pm
bucarican wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:25 pm

Maybe. I am not sure. When Ryan Neal messes up, we all know wo the culprit is because of Neal's overly long dreads. It is possible Delaney also sucks, under the radar, and we need a quality safety bad.
you know what i didn't see was Delaney out of position ... you can't say that about neal. missing a tackle or a bad angle is nothing compared to missing coverage deep.