The OFFICIAL 2024 Bucs off-season thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
uscbucsfan1

Re: The OFFICIAL 2024 Bucs off-season thread

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Incase this went over Lugz head. Brady has a losing record against Eli(0-2), Peyton (2-3), Flacco (2-3) and Dak (0-1) in the playoffs. No one cares about head-to-head historically because QBs aren't on the field at the same time. That weighs no historical impact on any of their careers.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:50 pm Incase this went over Lugz head. Brady has a losing record against Eli(0-2), Peyton (2-3), Flacco (2-3) and Dak (0-1) in the playoffs. No one cares about head-to-head historically because QBs aren't on the field at the same time. That weighs no historical impact on any of their careers.

Were any of those QB's in the playoffs nine times?
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:14 pm
uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:50 pm Incase this went over Lugz head. Brady has a losing record against Eli(0-2), Peyton (2-3), Flacco (2-3) and Dak (0-1) in the playoffs. No one cares about head-to-head historically because QBs aren't on the field at the same time. That weighs no historical impact on any of their careers.

Irrelevant
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:31 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:14 pm

Irrelevant

It wouldn't be if it was in the appropriate thread
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:23 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:24 am

Brady pretty much dad dicked Mahomes in every meaningful they played against one another. Each time Tom showed that there are levels to this and Patrick was very clearly below Brady.

Brady will never be overcome as the goat.
Just like Eli did to Tom.
Ouch!
Most hated man in America.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

I had a silly idea, feel free to roast me. Spottrac says Derrick Henry is due for a 4 mill a year contract. I normally don't advocate signing used running backs, especially one that is 30, but Henry balled this year and he'd be a great counterpunch to White. We would probably need to draft a guard who can run block but Liam's PC makes me think he would want one anyway. If we were able to keep Evans and get 90% of what Henry did last year, that sounds like the kind of pick your poison offense I've wanted for years.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Terry Tate wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 am I had a silly idea, feel free to roast me. Spottrac says Derrick Henry is due for a 4 mill a year contract. I normally don't advocate signing used running backs, especially one that is 30, but Henry balled this year and he'd be a great counterpunch to White. We would probably need to draft a guard who can run block but Liam's PC makes me think he would want one anyway. If we were able to keep Evans and get 90% of what Henry did last year, that sounds like the kind of pick your poison offense I've wanted for years.
I'd be willing to kick those tires. I mean, as you said, he balled out this past season.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

That feel when 280 carries leads the league…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

They hide 250lb running backs now. Somebody find one for this draft.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:27 am They hide 250lb running backs now. Somebody find one for this draft.
That's your job.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:52 am
mdb1958 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:27 am They hide 250lb running backs now. Somebody find one for this draft.
That's your job.
Well as a collective group I thought there was a high degree of failure possible, kudos to you to take it past complete silence and protect yourself at the same time.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Who comes back first Mountaineer or MJW?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:24 am Who comes back first Mountaineer or MJW?
I believe MB is a male, and MJW is a female, so most likely, MB comes first....
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:47 am
mdb1958 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:24 am Who comes back first Mountaineer or MJW?
I believe MB is a male, and MJW is a female, so most likely, MB comes first....
Kind of miss her, but after she bashed everything this organization did all off-season I kind of get keeping your head down.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Hey @acmillis I got a call from a Bucs ticket sales rep regarding Buccaneers season pass membership. Will I be able to select any seats if I pay for the season pass membership for $140+ a month? Do you know anything about that?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:39 am Hey @acmillis I got a call from a Bucs ticket sales rep regarding Buccaneers season pass membership. Will I be able to select any seats if I pay for the season pass membership for $140+ a month? Do you know anything about that?
Only seats that are open. If you go on the TM site you'll be able to view all open seats, then buy through the rep to get the pay as you go plan. One thing to keep in mind, the schedule comes out in May, tickets would normally be loaded in to your ST member account that same month, June at the latest. However, if you do the monthly plan, your tickets are not available to view (in my case, sell then transfer) until all payments have been made.

Essentially, if you're looking to sell some of the tickets, the monthly payment plan option limits your ability. If you're not looking to sell, no biggie, and the payment plan is convenient.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jesus, this person from the Bucs ticket sales department keeps calling my phone for an hour until I had enough and picked up the phone to ask WTF she wants,then told her email me the info.

Good deal? @acmillis
Season Pass Member Benefits:

VIP Access to year-round events such as: Training Camp in July/August, Player autograph sessions, Pregame pirate ship parties, Post game field passes
Guaranteed best pricing
15% off concessions, parking, and merchandise
Access to relocation event for next season where you can upgrade seats into highly desired locations
Access to resell tickets/ transfer tickets
Dedicated member relations associate ( Ranked #1 in Customer Service)
Monthly payment plan
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

It’s the exact same “deal” for all STM, so really nothing special at all.
Just depends on if you think it’s worth the investment.
Driving 2.5 hours both ways for me hasn’t gotten tiresome, and outside of the Brady years, you can get tix for waaaaay below face value, so, IMO, not worth it.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Terry Tate wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:00 am I had a silly idea, feel free to roast me. Spottrac says Derrick Henry is due for a 4 mill a year contract. I normally don't advocate signing used running backs, especially one that is 30, but Henry balled this year and he'd be a great counterpunch to White. We would probably need to draft a guard who can run block but Liam's PC makes me think he would want one anyway. If we were able to keep Evans and get 90% of what Henry did last year, that sounds like the kind of pick your poison offense I've wanted for years.
I actually pitched it in the trade deadline. I like it and think he'd be great for us.

The only issue I see is Liam loves disguises and what could tip your hand more than having Henry or White in.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Lets hear your way for us to have a devastating four man rush.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:58 pm Lets hear your way for us to have a devastating four man rush.
Interiorly I feel good about Kancey and Vea, and Logan Hall is entering year 3 so maybe he can level up his game. A rotational fourth guy would be nice in that mix but it isn't a big priority.

The edge however is a different story. Yaya looked good as a rookie, but behind him we have not much. Shaq Barrett has a decent chance of being let go this offseason because his salary far outstrips his production. JTS has been a JAG since the day he was drafted and he's another underwhelming season from being labeled an irredeemable bust. Anthony Nelson is a nice rotational guy but he's never held a starting role excluding when Shaw was injured, nor do I expect he ever will.

So firstly, I would say we need a dominant edge threat, and our history there is pretty atrocious in the recent past. Take a guess on how many guys the Bucs have had with more than 10 sacks in a season during the Jason Licht era. If you said two (Shaq in 2019, JPP in 2018), come up and collect your prize. Even during our recent run of relative success with making the playoffs four years in a row, we haven't had that 10+ sack guy. Fucks' sake, our top three sack artists this year were a rookie, a free safety, and a nosetackle.

My first step towards fixing our pass rush is to add another young guy in the draft, even if he's strictly a rotational player who plays exclusively in passrushing situations. We likely don't have the cheese to get a juicy free agent, as we will likely have to spend our dollars on keeping our own established guys here.

If I'm quibbling, there's a schematic component here as well. If we aren't just dropping 7 into zone coverage on third and long and chasing dumpoff routes, then our defense ends are frequently being used as pawns in the chess match to get a blitzer free. And if throwing lanes were tighter and more contested, then that helps QBs hold the ball just that extra half second needed for the rush to get home. Off-man with ten yard cushions invites easy throws and difficult passrushing circumstances.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bosa showed the importance of keeping the edge. It hurt us lots of times last year.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

JTS just flat out disappeared in a lot of the Bucs games last season. The Bucs should have tried using Devon White as an edge rusher. Whatever team picks him up should try to do that.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:38 am JTS just flat out disappeared in a lot of the Bucs games last season. The Bucs should have tried using Devon White as an edge rusher. Whatever team picks him up should try to do that.
Our IDL has to be not controlled, they are the beginning of every defensive play - lead domino.

JTS would run himself right out of the play and I'm thinking White would do the same. You have to excel in every facet of your game that's being applied to the teams defensive concept. I do not think JTS is fighting this and White just thinks his ideas have to be heard, played out on the field.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

What mdb said.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Cheb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:58 pm Lets hear your way for us to have a devastating four man rush.
Interiorly I feel good about Kancey and Vea, and Logan Hall is entering year 3 so maybe he can level up his game. A rotational fourth guy would be nice in that mix but it isn't a big priority.

The edge however is a different story. Yaya looked good as a rookie, but behind him we have not much. Shaq Barrett has a decent chance of being let go this offseason because his salary far outstrips his production. JTS has been a JAG since the day he was drafted and he's another underwhelming season from being labeled an irredeemable bust. Anthony Nelson is a nice rotational guy but he's never held a starting role excluding when Shaw was injured, nor do I expect he ever will.

So firstly, I would say we need a dominant edge threat, and our history there is pretty atrocious in the recent past. Take a guess on how many guys the Bucs have had with more than 10 sacks in a season during the Jason Licht era. If you said two (Shaq in 2019, JPP in 2018), come up and collect your prize. Even during our recent run of relative success with making the playoffs four years in a row, we haven't had that 10+ sack guy. Fucks' sake, our top three sack artists this year were a rookie, a free safety, and a nosetackle.

My first step towards fixing our pass rush is to add another young guy in the draft, even if he's strictly a rotational player who plays exclusively in passrushing situations. We likely don't have the cheese to get a juicy free agent, as we will likely have to spend our dollars on keeping our own established guys here.

If I'm quibbling, there's a schematic component here as well. If we aren't just dropping 7 into zone coverage on third and long and chasing dumpoff routes, then our defense ends are frequently being used as pawns in the chess match to get a blitzer free. And if throwing lanes were tighter and more contested, then that helps QBs hold the ball just that extra half second needed for the rush to get home. Off-man with ten yard cushions invites easy throws and difficult passrushing circumstances.
Going back to his days as Cardinals DC, haven't Bowles defenses been sack allocation diverse? IOW...no one guy is getting the numbers and sometimes its not the guys from positions you'd expect to have the numbers. So you may end up with 4 guys with 6 rather than 2 with 12 or something like that.

Not to say I don't agree with the overall point of needing at least one more edge guy to get after the QB but the answer may be partially hidden in defensive assignment.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

This is a "he needs more time draft".
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Four Verticals wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:06 pm
Cheb wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:22 pm

Going back to his days as Cardinals DC, haven't Bowles defenses been sack allocation diverse? IOW...no one guy is getting the numbers and sometimes its not the guys from positions you'd expect to have the numbers. So you may end up with 4 guys with 6 rather than 2 with 12 or something like that.

Not to say I don't agree with the overall point of needing at least one more edge guy to get after the QB but the answer may be partially hidden in defensive assignment.
Now do BB. If anything it shows how these dudes make chicken salad.

I don't think we're exactly banging the drum for a literal double digit sack guy as much as a double digit sack talent. Who, on this team, should be able to showcase as much, ala JPP, Shaq, etc.

Yaya may develop into that. But it would be nice to get good answer on the other side.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:28 am
Four Verticals wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:06 pm

I don't think we're exactly banging the drum for a literal double digit sack guy as much as a double digit sack talent. Who, on this team, should be able to showcase as much, ala JPP, Shaq, etc.

Yaya may develop into that. But it would be nice to get good answer on the other side.
You need one on the other side in order to have a better chance of Yaya developing into that. Without one, teams will double Yaya. Especially if Shaq is gone. You want him to stay but he'd better accept a restructure.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I said when we drafted Yaya that we'd know sooner rather than later what he was. He spent 5 years in college and came here at 24. Physically there are some limitations there so his ceiling isn't as high as some would like to think. I think what we saw is pretty much what we'll get. He's a 6-8 sack/season guy who plays the run very well.

Is he good enough to be a starter? I'd say yes but he won't be a dominant threat. We need that guy opposite him. Our own Maxx, TJ, Parsons, Garrett, Bosa. Easier said than done but I think having a guy like that takes this defense to the next level.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:10 am
Doctor wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:28 am

You need one on the other side in order to have a better chance of Yaya developing into that. Without one, teams will double Yaya. Especially if Shaq is gone. You want him to stay but he'd better accept a restructure.

Could Darius Robinson be that guy opposite of Yaya? Seems like he could also do the 3rd down four man rush.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I'm sorry, this is next level incompetence.

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:52 am I'm sorry, this is next level incompetence.

Gotta save all that huge money for our star QB, amirite?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Somehow, many people are going to blame Mike Evans for not being a buccaneer if he ends up leaving.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:01 am Somehow, many people are going to blame Mike Evans for not being a buccaneer if he ends up leaving.
Exactly.