Divisional Round Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Re: Divisional Round Discussion

Post by Babeinbucland »

GB needs to snag one of the INTs that keep coming their way. Good grief!
I said what I said

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:35 pm
Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:11 pm With Deebo out, Kittle & CMC have to step up and they did on that drive. Purdy ain't winning them this game.
Ayuik’s no slouch
Meh. He's overrated. He benefits from the attention the real stars on that offense gets. But he can be taken out of a game.
Most hated man in America.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

0-30 when trailing by 5 or more points in the 4th. 0-30. That stat almost sounds fake.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Going after #20
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:41 pm 0-30 when trailing by 5 or more points in the 4th. 0-30. That stat almost sounds fake.
When you add in his stats as OC it still holds. I cannot understand why his teams can’t come from behind. There is another stat that if you have a lead on Shanny any point after the 1st Quarter you’re like 90% likely to win (or some other insanely high number).
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:44 pm
Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:41 pm 0-30 when trailing by 5 or more points in the 4th. 0-30. That stat almost sounds fake.
When you add in his stats as OC it still holds. I cannot understand why his teams can’t come from behind. There is another stat that if you have a lead on Shanny any point after the 1st Quarter you’re like 90% likely to win (or some other insanely high number).
It doesn't shock me. He doesn't make adjustments to his playcalling as the game goes on. Once a team has kind of figured out what he's doing, he sticks to it.

Prime example of this is once Deebo was out of the game, he runs a jet sweep with Rashan Jennings. That's something you do with Deebo. But Kyle is arrogant and believes he can make plays with anybody.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:46 pm

It doesn't shock me. He doesn't make adjustments to his playcalling as the game goes on. Once a team has kind of figured out what he's doing, he sticks to it.

Prime example of this is once Deebo was out of the game, he runs a jet sweep with Rashan Jennings. That's something you do with Deebo. But Kyle is arrogant and believes he can make plays with anybody.
This is copied from an article on this statistic.
It’s worse than you think.

When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by one score at any point in the second half, he is 13-34. That is the most losses in that situation of any coach since 2017, when he was hired.

Let’s dig a little deeper. When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by three points or less at any point in the second half, he is 12-23. That is the most losses in that situation of any coach since 2017. The only coaches that were worse in that spot were Doug Marrone (who was fired), Dan Quinn (who was fired), Zac Taylor, and Kliff Kingsbury.

Let’s dig even deeper than that. When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by three points or less at any point in the fourth quarter, he is 8-20. As you might have guessed by now, that is the most such losses out of any coach since he was hired in 2017. There are only 11 coaches in that time frame that have a worse winning percentage in that situation: Matt Rhule (who was fired), Hue Jackson (fired), Matt Patricia (fired), Vic Fangio (fired), Dirk Koetter (fired), Todd Bowles (was fired before getting the Bucs job this year), Pat Shurmur (fired), Doug Marrone (fired), Zac Taylor, Kevin Stefanski, and Kliff Kingsbury.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:48 pm

This is copied from an article on this statistic.
It’s worse than you think.

When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by one score at any point in the second half, he is 13-34. That is the most losses in that situation of any coach since 2017, when he was hired.

Let’s dig a little deeper. When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by three points or less at any point in the second half, he is 12-23. That is the most losses in that situation of any coach since 2017. The only coaches that were worse in that spot were Doug Marrone (who was fired), Dan Quinn (who was fired), Zac Taylor, and Kliff Kingsbury.

Let’s dig even deeper than that. When Kyle Shanahan is trailing by three points or less at any point in the fourth quarter, he is 8-20. As you might have guessed by now, that is the most such losses out of any coach since he was hired in 2017. There are only 11 coaches in that time frame that have a worse winning percentage in that situation: Matt Rhule (who was fired), Hue Jackson (fired), Matt Patricia (fired), Vic Fangio (fired), Dirk Koetter (fired), Todd Bowles (was fired before getting the Bucs job this year), Pat Shurmur (fired), Doug Marrone (fired), Zac Taylor, Kevin Stefanski, and Kliff Kingsbury.
Jesus
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This is wild
IMG_5437.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Grrrrrrrrr
I said what I said

TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Late throw Purdy!!!!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Come ON GB GET THE INTERCEPTION~!!!!~~~!!!
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

YES!
I said what I said

TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

He’s awful!!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

IMHO this is fatal flaw. As good as his teams are if you can get the lead they’ll break every time. When you’re dealing with the best in the league (NFCCG & Super Bowl) those coaches will force adjustments. How has Shanny not self scouted to fix this?

Another thought: Shanny wouldn’t adjust his play calling during the 28-3 meltdown either. Even non Falcons fans were wondering why the play calling was not fitting the moment.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This is not Purdy's game. @BucsNBills This is what I mean. He's not a drop back and throw type of QB.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:53 pm This is not Purdy's game. @BucsNBills This is what I mean. He's not a drop back and throw type of QB.
I think your assessment is spot on. He isn’t the guy to put a team on his back
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Lol SF!!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:52 pm

IMHO this is fatal flaw. As good as his teams are if you can get the lead they’ll break every time. When you’re dealing with the best in the league (NFCCG & Super Bowl) those coaches will force adjustments. How has Shanny not self scouted to fix this?

Another thought: Shanny wouldn’t adjust his play calling during the 28-3 meltdown either. Even non Falcons fans were wondering why the play calling was not fitting the moment.
He didn't adjust after having a lead in the SB against the Chiefs. Kept throwing it with fucking Jimmy G. He won't ever change.

.............OH LORD!
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Let’s Go Tampa!!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:52 pm

He didn't adjust after having a lead in the SB against the Chiefs. Kept throwing it with fucking Jimmy G. He won't ever change.

.............OH LORD!
I forgot about that. How does this dude not recognize that he is holding himself back?
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Jesus what a leap!!!
I said what I said

TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Gassssssed…
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Love a good hurdle
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Omg that run was insane
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Isn’t this a great defense?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:57 pm
Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:56 pm

.............OH LORD!
I forgot about that. How does this dude not recognize that he is holding himself back?
He's his father's son. Same thing ultimately led to Mike being fired in Denver. Doesn't make adjustments to his offense.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Sigh…
I said what I said

TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

What a laugher….lol
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Bootz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:59 pm

He's his father's son. Same thing ultimately led to Mike being fired in Denver. Doesn't make adjustments to his offense.
Ironically his Dad would run it all the time. With their powers combined they could be the perfect OC
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:58 pm Isn’t this a great defense?
They are. But they are built to play with a lead. They don't do well defending the run in the 4th.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Sam Darnold to the rescue…..

JK
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Why why why? Has to be pure Ego or once on tilt stay on tilt
I said what I said

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:01 pm

It's all ego. They like letting you know how smart they are.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:01 pm

It’s absolutely ego. Building on @Bootz’s point I think Shanny mirrors his dad in another way as well. Papa Shanny believed he could run with any RB and Shanny believes he can win with any QB. Both love their system to be the star.