Still a wasted, meaningless season?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Is this still a wasted, meaningless season?

Yes
10%
No
90%

Total votes: 39

Doctor

Re: Still a wasted, meaningless season?

Post by Doctor »

Backside wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:45 pm That draft class grade is crap. Kancey wasn't a difference maker? Made the biggest play by the team in both of our playoff games.

How do they arrive at an overall A when the individual grades were mostly mediocre?
My thoughts exactly. Also talk about missing the forest for the trees.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:36 am
Al Bundy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:13 am

Yes and this team will regress next season, we have seen the absolute best Bowels and Baker can be. Neither of them can be better. Both will be worse next season.
It's amazing how you could be so wrong about Bowles and Baker all off season and all year long and then still come back and make such confident declarations. Applause my friend.
So Canales realizes that he would rather be around David Tepper than Todd Bowels. We got he maximum we are going to get with Baker and Bowels. Canales recognizes it and ran.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Al Bundy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:25 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:36 am

It's amazing how you could be so wrong about Bowles and Baker all off season and all year long and then still come back and make such confident declarations. Applause my friend.
So Canales realizes that he would rather be around David Tepper than Todd Bowels. We got he maximum we are going to get with Baker and Bowels. Canales recognizes it and ran.
That MIGHT have validity if Canales was the one who forced Tepper to interview him and hire him out of a very large field.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

And, you know, everything Canales has ever said. Sometimes in tears
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Eh I’m starting to lean back towards it being a negative

I mean it was fun towards the end there, but now we’re in a pretty rough spot

Likely a 7 wins max team next season

Future looks bleak.

This draft was a fantastic opportunity to land a QBOTF and is pretty damn weak in the end of the first
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:12 am Eh I’m starting to lean back towards it being a negative

Future looks bleak.

This draft was a fantastic opportunity to land a QBOTF and is pretty damn weak in the end of the first
That's what everyone said the year Baker was drafted. People thought you needed a very early pick to get a shot at Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold. 6 tears later and those guys don't have a single pro bowl between them and #32 is MVP Lamar Jackson, who is poised to win a ring this year.

In short, drafting a QB is more art than science. Even the best get it wrong and overlook quality guys.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:12 am Eh I’m starting to lean back towards it being a negative

Future looks bleak.

Strongly disagree. This season is a massive positive now. Not only did we likely find our QB of the present and future, but a ton of our guys are in love with this team. We ran tough the NFC Champs and went blow for blow with the Lions. Canales made HC after one season. We're a hot spot destination.

Its a THICK offensive market. And there are some gems who I think can fit incredibly well with Baker. Who has reminded people who he is.

Give him Ken Dorsey or Kline Kubiak and bring both knock out boys back. I think we matching this year but hopefully even better. Another stellar draft... watch out.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

To answer your question, no, this season is not wasted. Mayfield and Evans had a Incredible season. We got in the playoffs with a 9-8 record because NFC South blows.