Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Lions 31-23

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Cheb

Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Lions 31-23

Post by Cheb »

We shot ourselves in the foot all game, at all levels of the offense and defense.

The Lions were a better team and I hope they win it all.

Good game. Welcome to the offseason.
Bootz

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs lose to the Lions 31-23

Post by Bootz »

We got further than ANYONE thought we would this year.

Can't help but feel as if we dropped that game. Too many mistakes.
Most hated man in America.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Sad but satisfied.. can't wait for next year!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Hopefully the Glazers family is on the phone to Harbaugh.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The idiots will reveal themselves when they judge Baker off that throw.

Hall of Famers have thrown game losing interceptions in similar fashion.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

We were fortunate it stayed close because the Lions dominated the LOS on both sides. We overachieved to make it this far with a below average O-line and d-line. Sucks to lose because we really did have a chance today.

Genuinely not looking forward to the offseason with all the impending FAs.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Imma tell ya what... Fuck anyone that thinks we didn't "belong" here. I'm Proud of the Bucs. Great game by Detroit.
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Fire Bowels, draft a good QB and shitcan the defensive coaches.
ImYourHuckleBerry831

Post by ImYourHuckleBerry831 »

Defense laid an egg and failed blitz pickups were the reason for the loss today, resign evans and work on the interior offensive line, and grab a pass rusher in the draft or free agency. Good season regardless.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Baker is the same player he has always been. Good enough to get your team to 7 to 9 wins, on the edge of playoffs, but not good enough to actually go the distance.

That throw at the end was DOG and is exactly what Baker ultimately is as a QB.

He makes fun exciting plays. He makes good plays. But he also makes REALLY BAD plays, and that hasn’t changed.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

It is what it is. We had a better regular season than any of us thought we would have and even got to win a home playoff game to send Philly home.

If asked at the beginning of the year, we would have considered that a good year.

As for this game? We played like we belonged. Defense lapsed in the second half and plays were missed on the offensive side. Team loss
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

We played against a much better team and talent that out matched us. We have pieces to build on for the next few seasons. Emotions aside, we need to sign Evans, AWJ and Baker this off season. White needs to go.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

We need line help on both sides, a safety, and a ILB(possibly 2 depending on David).

Season went better than i thought, proud of our guys. This game was winnable, difference was they were able to capitalize on our mistakes and we couldnt on theirs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Our highly paid WRs dropped all the momentum at the start. White can't pick up a blitz worth a damn, and Bowles didn't send enough.

But despide multiple opportunities to quit our team didn't. They fought tough and nail until the end.

This was year 1. This squad hasn't even reached it's final form yet. Tough lost, but oh boy one hell of a season.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Proud of this team. Looking forward to the draft and next year.

Hope Lions or Bills take it all.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:14 pm Sad but satisfied.. can't wait for next year!
This.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Offseason focus needed to be up front on offense. The IOL needs to be upgraded badly.
Most hated man in America.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:21 pm Offseason focus needed to be up front on offense. The IOL needs to be upgraded badly.
Center
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:19 pm Our highly paid WRs dropped all the momentum at the start. White can't pick up a blitz worth a damn, and Bowles didn't send enough.

But despide multiple opportunities to quit our team didn't. They fought tough and nail until the end.

This was year 1. This squad hasn't even reached it's final form yet. Tough lost, but oh boy one hell of a season.
Goff has been horrible when pressured. Why we didn't blitz like we did against the Eagles and play Neal of all people at safety was frustrating
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Lions were the better team. End of story. We got work to do. I thought Campbell outcoached Bowles. But regardless, good luck to Lions next week.

We have some decisions to make as well regarding Baker. Like him, but to sign him to big deal, you gotta love him.
Last edited by Navybuc on Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Bootz wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:21 pm Offseason focus needed to be up front on offense. The IOL needs to be upgraded badly.
Preferably with someone that actually plays interior offensive line and not a converted tackle.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Baker played a great game and is a big reason why we had a chance at winning. I hate that the pick is the last thing he put on film for the season.

I feel good about the future of the team for the first time in a long time. Baker should be a Buc for the foreseeable future.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:16 pm Baker is the same player he has always been. Good enough to get your team to 7 to 9 wins, on the edge of playoffs, but not good enough to actually go the distance.

That throw at the end was DOG and is exactly what Baker ultimately is as a QB.

He makes fun exciting plays. He makes good plays. But he also makes REALLY BAD plays, and that hasn’t changed.
Stop it. Baker started hot as fuck and we would've had the lead going into the half and the Lions on the ropes had our pass catchers shown up.

We went toe to toe with the Lions and only brought our B+ game.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

This is not hard, Baker is not going to get us beyond today. I'm pretty sure Bowles isn't either but were going to likely have to deal with mediocre results for the next couple of years.....
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Couldn’t get out of own way, but didn’t let it kill them and stayed in it the whole game. This team shows they absolutely belonged.

Baker balled, so it sucks that it ended on such a terrible read. Especially with Godwin wide open about 6 ft left of his target.

My wife always asks me after playoff losses if I want the other team to win it all, so at least we lost to the champs. Answer is always: No way, fuck that team!

Until now. I hope the Lions do it.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

People blaming Baker for this loss are idiots. Lots of bad play out there wasn’t Baker’s fault. He can’t pass block. He can’t catch is own passes. He can’t play defense. Dude threw for 3 TD’s. Kept us in the game despite all the failures happening around him. No QB is Superman. He can’t win by himself. He did what good QB’s do. Kept us in the game. But somebody need to make a fucking play.
Don't tread on me
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Only Bozos will come away from this game and blame Baker for the loss. Build around him and go even further next season.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Al Bundy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:15 pm Fire Bowels, draft a good QB and shitcan the defensive coaches.
Just how high does someone have to be to type this?
I said what I said

Kona

Post by Kona »

Overall, we exceeded expectations this year. Still a lot of room for improvement, but we’re not going to be picking in the top 5 anytime soon.

Baker proved himself worthy as a starter and I hope we bring him back on a good deal for both.

I think we bring back most if not all our big name FAs. Late first is a great spot for our two biggest needs (IOL and Safety opposite AWJ). Let’s get those two addressed and go for a quad repeat as division champs.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

A real sobering thought for me is that I might have just seen Lavonte David's and/or Mike Evans' last snaps as Buccaneers.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:27 pm People blaming Baker for this loss are idiots. Lots of bad play out there wasn’t Baker’s fault. He can’t pass block. He can’t catch is own passes. He can’t play defense. Dude threw for 3 TD’s. Kept us in the game despite all the failures happening around him. No QB is Superman. He can’t win by himself. He did what good QB’s do. Kept us in the game. But somebody need to make a fucking play.
Agree. I think the convo has to be whether we can do better moving forward. Baker prolly showed his best this year of what he ever will be. Do we trust that going forward or do we take a chance and go after a guy we think can be better? It’s a tough call for Licht.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

I think Neal playing was injury/ depth driven, and I think that may have limited blitz calls.

Pizza guy wearing bucs jacket, we had a moment.
FB_IMG_1705879827706.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Navybuc wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:33 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:27 pm People blaming Baker for this loss are idiots. Lots of bad play out there wasn’t Baker’s fault. He can’t pass block. He can’t catch is own passes. He can’t play defense. Dude threw for 3 TD’s. Kept us in the game despite all the failures happening around him. No QB is Superman. He can’t win by himself. He did what good QB’s do. Kept us in the game. But somebody need to make a fucking play.
Agree. I think the convo has to be whether we can do better moving forward. Baker prolly showed his best this year of what he ever will be. Do we trust that going forward or do we take a chance and go after a guy we think can be better? It’s a tough call for Licht.
I don’t think there’s an upgrade available this offseason. As long as he doesn’t get a crazy offer, I would prefer to keep him on a 3 year deal that is easy to get out of after a year or two.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Cheb wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:32 pm A real sobering thought for me is that I might have just seen Lavonte David's and/or Mike Evans' last snaps as Buccaneers.
Please God no...
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Great season when there wasn’t supposed to be one.
Baker came in and LED this team to Division and Playoff wins.
Baker has the moxie, even though I can’t figure why Cotton seems to be his primary, but go ahead and get another QB here to compete and see how that SHIT goes. Trask is fodder.
We’ll lose Evans and likely AWJ contract can’t be matched.
I still look forward to the Draft and next season.

Let’s go Bucs!!!