Ichabod's Monday Analysis: The Divisional Round

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: The Divisional Round

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Admittedly, I have way more hope than I should. There’s been a few seasons where we’ve snuck into the playoffs, but had no business being there. Last year and the Edell Shepherd catch that was totally a catch in the regular season, but not a catch in the playoffs come to mind, but this year wasn’t one of those years. We came together in December and we’re hot at the right time. We fought against the top teams in the league and held our own. I’m extremely proud of this team and will have no dislikes in this edition. How could I? A player would truly have to be a liability that doesn’t even deserve the small amount of respect that I give to Chris Conte.

1.) Just like Hollywood. Being taken over by Britts.
2.) I don’t know if this is Mike Evans last year on the Bucs, but’s it’s definitely the last year he’ll be able to hide his male pattern baldness with his ‘fro.
3.) A pass rush that is fancy with Calijah Kancey. Trademarking that one before the Bucs marketing staff gets a hold of it.
4.) Rachaad White gets the Donovan Smith Award this year. The award is dedicated to a player most discussed about being replaced but then prayed for to be okay when an injury befalls them.
5.) Speaking of players that had a great game that’ll be upgraded next year, I Otton miss our tight end.
6.) I want “At Home with Baker Mayfield” commercials to make a comeback. I want him living on the pirate ship.
7.) I haven’t forgotten the sad last season of an injured Derrick Brooks trailing defenders in a limp. With that said, first off I’m old, and second we need to re-sign Lavonte David.

Dislikes:
1.) Ryan Neal.

Random:
1.) KJ Britt pumping up the team before the game instead of Devin White. If the writing wasn’t on the wall before…
2.) They were right, but we couldn’t even get Dungy or Spleenless to pick us to win the game.
3.) Also, stemming from Like #6. How have we not named the pirate ship yet? There’s a ship out there called Boaty McBoatface. I think it’s time.

We put together a great season that beat all the expectations because we had the right guys bring in the right combination of other guys. Licht and Bowles made all the right moves this off-season bringing in Canales and Mayfield. I honestly don’t know of a team that’s had more contributors from the last 2 drafts than this 2023 squad. The future is bright. Next season can’t get here soon enough!

If I'm doing my math right, next year will be year 20 of the analysis and I re-iterate Like #7.
Rocker

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: The Divisional Round

Post by Rocker »

Well done Ich. Another season in the books.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

As always, very good write up. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that it's going to be the last one I see until September.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Spleenless. 😆
Kona

Post by Kona »

Thanks for a great season of write ups Ich! Always something to look forward to win or lose. Only 6 months until Training Camp! Going to be a very interesting offseason.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

It is time for you to take a break. A quick one. Then you need to get back to the grind preparing for next season. You have a standard to maintain.
BucsFan6000

Post by BucsFan6000 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:55 am
3.) A pass rush that is fancy with Calijah Kancey. Trademarking that one before the Bucs marketing staff gets a hold of it.
I like it. I also have my own Calijah-related catchphrase/earworm: “Be bold like Calijah.”

What’s that from? Listen to “Be Bold Like Elijah” by IRONTOM, and it’ll be stuck in your head for hours (but with you singing “Calijah,” of course)
Kress

Post by Kress »

3.) Also, stemming from Like #6. How have we not named the pirate ship yet? There’s a ship out there called Boaty McBoatface. I think it’s time.
https://www.imagineforest.com/blog/pira ... generator/

From that list, Red Wave would fit. As would Bone Rattler.

Or you could go with Flying Lombardi or some nonsense like that. Pewter Pearl? Nah.

Knowing the PR department, they'd go all generic with Jolly Roger or something.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:55 am I’m extremely proud of this team and will have no dislikes in this edition. How could I? A player would truly have to be a liability that doesn’t even deserve the small amount of respect that I give to Chris Conte.

Dislikes:
1.) Ryan Neal.
I laughed because I just know you were waiting to see if anyone would say anything. :lol:

Great writeup. It's always been a highlight to come in here to read these after a win or a loss over the years. Here's to the next 20!
Don't tread on me
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

If I'm doing my math right, next year will be year 20 of the analysis and I re-iterate Like #7.
Holy crap... I remember the Corporate board starting in December 1999... Prior to that I was on a board with Bethany, BucWinBucsWin! and some guy named Toad, for about a year or so. Good times. 25 years.

Always looked forward to these post-game funnies, though. Looking forward to next year.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 pm
Holy crap... I remember the Corporate board starting in December 1999... Prior to that I was on a board with Bethany, BucWinBucsWin! and some guy named Toad, for about a year or so. Good times. 25 years.

Always looked forward to these post-game funnies, though. Looking forward to next year.
Do you remember the SPTimes BB? Our how about Bucnews.com?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 am
Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:31 pm

What happened to that site? It seems it got shut down in 1999.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Phantom wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:59 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:52 am

What happened to that site? It seems it got shut down in 1999.
The guy who ran bucnews shut it down in 2003.

Not sure when the SPtimes shuttered their forum.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

The SPiT was the best.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I hear they are coming back next fall.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Four Verticals wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:08 pm The SPiT was the best.
Yeah, good site. I remember Snook and Steve. I think Steve was an SPTimes employee if I recall.