***Official Free Agency Thread***

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

***Official Free Agency Thread***

Post by Phantom »

Nine-time Pro-Bowl QB and former Super-Bowl champ Russell Wilson plans to sign with the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league sources. Wilson will sign a team-friendly, one-year deal in which the Broncos will wind up paying $38 million of his salary while Wilson wears the black and yellow.
Snake

Re: ***Official Free Agency Thread***

Post by Snake »

Culture killer meets The Culture.

This will be fascinating to follow. If he doesn’t get his personality shit together, he won’t make it out of training camp.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

People talk about Russell Wilson and these "personality issues" as if it's equated to him being a perennial loser on the field.

The Steelers get a window to stack the roster with a more than proven QB.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Makes sense. Arthur Smith, Tomlin, Russ. Tomlin ain't trying to do this Pickett BS over again.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Licht needs to be on the phone with his agent right now.

Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Steelers will be an interesting watch.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:55 pm Licht needs to be on the phone with his agent right now.

Would be a wild pickup
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:20 am
Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:55 pm Licht needs to be on the phone with his agent right now.

Would be a wild pickup
He would complete our Dline starting trio.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

If Kirk Cousins joins Atlanta, it would set up a showdown between the Bucs and Falcons for the South crown. Exciting huh
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Happy tampering day. Starting at noon EST teams can begin official discussions and negotiations with players who have contracts expiring on Wednesday.

What are some of your hopes for this team?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:04 am Happy tampering day. Starting at noon EST teams can begin official discussions and negotiations with players who have contracts expiring on Wednesday.

Hopes are Cheap quality depth.

Wirfs is the next one to prioritize.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:17 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:04 am Happy tampering day. Starting at noon EST teams can begin official discussions and negotiations with players who have contracts expiring on Wednesday.

Wirfs definitely needs to be the priority. Extending him we can actually lower his cap#.

I think we need an impact starter on defense and there are many available. Christian Wilkens, Justin Simmons, Arik Armstead to name a few. This defense will look drastically different from what we've grown accustomed to.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:34 am
Central_Buc wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:17 am

Wirfs definitely needs to be the priority. Extending him we can actually lower his cap#.

I think we need an impact starter on defense and there are many available. Christian Wilkens, Justin Simmons, Arik Armstead to name a few. This defense will look drastically different from what we've grown accustomed to.
We don't know all the details of these contracts yet. Do we have the money to afford one of these guys? Wilkens and Armstead are leaving because their current teams won't pay them what they want...
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:34 am

We don't know all the details of these contracts yet. Do we have the money to afford one of these guys? Wilkens and Armstead are leaving because their current teams won't pay them what they want...
The answer is yes. Every team can pay who they want to except if they are over the cap, which is the case with Miami & Wilkens. They are $21mil over and he's a free agent. They can't bring anyone back until they get under the cap by Wednesday. He'll be gone.

We cut Shaq, DW & LVD are free agents, as if Neal but he wasn't coming back anyway. And there's news that we could move either Dean or Davis or both. It's all about contract structure. I implore you to watch other teams this offseason to see how these things work.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:11 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:58 am

The answer is yes. Every team can pay who they want to except if they are over the cap, which is the case with Miami & Wilkens. They are $21mil over and he's a free agent. They can't bring anyone back until they get under the cap by Wednesday. He'll be gone.

We cut Shaq, DW & LVD are free agents, as if Neal but he wasn't coming back anyway. And there's news that we could move either Dean or Davis or both. It's all about contract structure. I implore you to watch other teams this offseason to see how these things work.
So far you've been pretty wrong on Baker and Mike. I'll just wait for you to educate me though.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:11 am

So far you've been pretty wrong on Baker and Mike. I'll just wait for you to educate me though.
In what way? Are their deals not affordable? Mike Evans cap hit this year is $5.5mil. Bakers no doubt will be low as well. Licht and every GM does that so they can get the most out of the salary cap.

You obvious come from the belief that if a guy is making $25mil AAV their cap hits are $25mil.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

If it's earn another payout by producing, I could be in favor of addition that way. Look what I did? Nah. Tell me what you will do for us!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:22 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 am

In what way? Are their deals not affordable? Mike Evans cap hit this year is $5.5mil. Bakers no doubt will be low as well. Licht and every GM does that so they can get the most out of the salary cap.

You obvious come from the belief that if a guy is making $25mil AAV their cap hits are $25mil.
Yes, obviously that is what I believe.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:34 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:22 am

Well what did you mean by "do we have the money"? We obviously do.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

KC?

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:38 am
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:34 am

Well what did you mean by "do we have the money"? We obviously do.
I'll assume we do.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 am KC?

I think Tee Higgins is making a mistake here. He's due to make $21 million this season, and he is expecting a long-term deal. I'm sorry, but the dude has never had a season with more than 7 TDs and has yet to eclipse 1100 yards. He has just two games with 100+ yards last season. Expecting a big boy contract at this juncture is wild to me, and he'd actively be leaving one of the better young QBs in the league in Joe Burrow.

He's on a prove it deal, and I think he needs to prove it before he gets the kind of extension he thinks he deserves.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Seems like guys always come out with the trade request after getting the tag.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Tee Higgins seems incredibly overrated to me
Last edited by Sdbucs on Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:55 am
Bootz wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:40 am KC?

I think Tee Higgins is making a mistake here. He's due to make $21 million this season, and he is expecting a long-term deal. I'm sorry, but the dude has never had a season with more than 7 TDs and has yet to eclipse 1100 yards. He has just two games with 100+ yards last season. Expecting a big boy contract at this juncture is wild to me, and he'd actively be leaving one of the better young QBs in the league in Joe Burrow.

He's on a prove it deal, and I think he needs to prove it before he gets the kind of extension he thinks he deserves.
The tag is a tool used to keep players hostage and offer no guarantees after the year is up. He understands that this is a business and a torn ACL here or a serious concussion there and all of that goes away.

The Bengals understand this is a business as well which is why they are holding a talented young receiver hostage and they'll gladly trade him if some team offers them good compensation.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

How much can you show picking up Chase's left overs? I think the idea is he could be a #1 for someone. It's not too dissimilar from Chris Godwin.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Smokescreen huh? Doctor
Meanwhile, Kirk Cousins will hit free agency and begin discussions with the Atlanta Falcons at noon, league sources told The Athletic's Dianna Russini.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

D’Andre Swift looks like the first non-released FA to switch teams, 3 year deal with Bears.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Backside

Post by Backside »

Wirfs will smash that number. Plan accordingly
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Backside wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:30 pm Wirfs will smash that number. Plan accordingly
He'll be closer to Andrew Thomas if he plays his cards right.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Pollard gone

Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor