New York Knicks Thread

McFan

New York Knicks Thread

Post by McFan »

Wondering if any one else besides yours truly who cares about this team. I certainly understand if there's no other interest but it will be a great place for me to vent. Could be good for my health...
Last edited by McFan on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
PanteraCanes

Re: New York Knicks Thread

Post by PanteraCanes »

Once Ewing retired I stopped caring. Always hoped he would get a championship.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I don't care about them. But I do keep tabs on them. And usually go to a game every year. Didn't last year, might try to this upcoming season.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

McFan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm Wondering if any one else besides yours truly who cares about this team. I certainly understand if there's no other interest but it will be a great place for me to vent. Good be good for my health...
Jesus... The Jets, The Knicks... How much self-flagellation do you want, Fanny?
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Reed, Bradley, Frazier, Debusschere, Barnett….

Good times.
Last edited by 0-26 Survivor on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Moozician wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:56 pm
McFan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm Wondering if any one else besides yours truly who cares about this team. I certainly understand if there's no other interest but it will be a great place for me to vent. Good be good for my health...
Jesus... The Jets, The Knicks... How much self-flagellation do you want, Fanny?
Add the METS to the misery too.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Knicks played very well in their preseason opener. I'll simply overlook the fact the Pacers only played their first team starters in the first quarter. If he can stay healthy, Kemba Walker is going to be a big help at point guard.
McFan

Post by McFan »

0-26 Survivor wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:15 pm Reed, Bradley, Frazier, Debusschere, Bradley.

Good times.
That was the group that I fell in love with. Since that group, only Bernard King and Patrick Ewing equaled their greatness.
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm I don't care about them. But I do keep tabs on them. And usually go to a game every year. Didn't last year, might try to this upcoming season.
Ticket prices are insane. I usually watch them twice when they come to Philadelphia. Much easier on the wallet.
nybf

Post by nybf »

McFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:23 am
nybf wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm I don't care about them. But I do keep tabs on them. And usually go to a game every year. Didn't last year, might try to this upcoming season.
Ticket prices are insane. I usually watch them twice when they come to Philadelphia. Much easier on the wallet.
Yeah, it's madness. And the team isn't good. I mean like actually good. But they still pack the house at those prices.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

McFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:21 am Knicks played very well in their preseason opener. I'll simply overlook the fact the Pacers only played their first team starters in the first quarter. If he can stay healthy, Kemba Walker is going to be a big help at point guard.
“If he’s healthy, Kemba will be a big help” said fans in Charlotte, Boston, and now NY…don’t hold your breath
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I'm gonna post this here because JR Smith technically played for the Knicks and I don't feel like making a thread just for this. But my man just made his college golf debut (?????) and got attacked by bees:

Yahoo Sports
J.R. Smith attacked by yellow jackets in final round of college golfing debut
Jack Baer
Jack Baer·Writer
Tue, October 12, 2021, 5:51 PM·1 min read
In this article:

https://sports.yahoo.com/jr-smith-yello ... 21306.html

If you thought J.R. Smith's propensity for bizarre headlines would fade now that he's a college golfer, we have a surprise for you.

The NBA veteran turned North Carolina A&T student-athlete completed the first tournament of his golfing career on Tuesday, but experienced a painful moment early in the final round. Simply put, he stepped on a hive of yellow jackets while looking for his ball in the woods.

The footage does not make it like a fun experience:

The situation was serious enough that a medical cart was called in to attend to Smith and other groups were allowed to play through.

Smith had been playing on the 12th hole after starting on the back nine in the Phoenix Invitational at Elon University. He would finish the third and final round on Tuesday with an 8-over score of 79. Combined with his rough start on Monday, that adds up to a tournament of 27-over and 81st-place finish out of 84 golfers.

That's probably not what Smith and the Aggies were hoping for with his debut, but the 36-year-old freshman should have plenty of time to improve.
Hell, he's only 36, I still have time!
McFan

Post by McFan »

acmillis wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:12 pm “If he’s healthy, Kemba will be a big help” said fans in Charlotte, Boston, and now NY…don’t hold your breath
Knicks fans cling to anything even potentially positive. It's our coping mechanism when things ultimately fall apart.
McFan

Post by McFan »

28 hours until game time v Celtics. This will be a fun watch (I hope)
McFan

Post by McFan »

MSG was crazy Wednesday night. The Knicks are one superstar away from being a viable force in the NBA. As presently constructed the might win a first round playoff matchup as a 5 or 6 seed. That's about as optimistic as I could be. Most likely a 7 or 8 seed with a first round boot out of the playoffs. But they are younger and pretty athletic.
McFan

Post by McFan »

3-1 with a nice win over the 76ers. Bring on the BULLS! If this team stays healthy (always a big "if"), they can compete. Not championship level by any means, but competitive. And for now, we'll take it.
McFan

Post by McFan »

NYK took care of business against the Zion-less Pelicans on Saturday night. Why be optimistic? Simple. They usually lose those kind of games. 4-1 with Toronto coming to the MSG tonight.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Stink show last night. That's the Knicks the fan base is familiar with. A tad too full of themselves. Like I've said, this team is better but not anywhere near the elite level of teams like Brooklyn, Miami, Milwaukee, or LA...
McFan

Post by McFan »

Can you imagine the Knicks are 4 point favorites over the World Champion Milwaukee Bucks tonight after beating them last week? Just crazy... I'm guessing Giannis Antetokounmpo isn't playing perhaps?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

McFan wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:16 pm Can you imagine the Knicks are 4 point favorites over the World Champion Milwaukee Bucks tonight after beating them last week? Just crazy... I'm guessing Giannis Antetokounmpo isn't playing perhaps?
The Bucks have been awful this year.

Btw did you see what Ricky Rubio did to the Knicks? I love Ricky. My favorite NBA player. Dude’s a week older than me.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Nice win against Indiana on Monday night. That's the defensive effort needed. The can't shoot "toe to toe" with any team this season. They need great defense to win games.
nybf

Post by nybf »

BING BONG
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:10 pmBING BONG
Not sure that's getting the necessary traction...

Big win last night against LeBron-less Lakers. I'll take the win, never mind the (*)....
McFan

Post by McFan »

big Big BIG win last night against San Antonio Spurs.. No, the Spurs are not anywhere near elite. But that dominating a win, on the road, as your season is in a minor free fall, was impressive. Win again tonight (highly unlikely) at Indiana and now we are talking.

Note to Self: This has Pacer blowout written all over it.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Hey @McFan -at least the Nets are helping to distract from the mess the Knicks have made of another offseason.
McFan

Post by McFan »

nybf wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:52 pm Hey @McFan -at least the Nets are helping to distract from the mess the Knicks have made of another offseason.
indeed... hopefully the peace treaty signed in the offseason implodes as soon as Kyrie gets warmed up.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Knicks v. Memphis tonight at MSG. Not exactly an easy match up to kick off the season. Oh well, let's git r dun!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

PanteraCanes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:48 pm Once Ewing retired I stopped caring. Always hoped he would get a championship.
I can put together a lineup of guys in that era that would've been champs had it not been for Michael Jordan. And this lineup is so well rounded that it could take down anyone.

PG- John Stockton
SG- Reggie Miller
SF- Dominique Wilkins
PF- Charles Barkley
C- Patrick Ewing
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
McFan

Post by McFan »

NYK lost in overtime in Memphis. All in all, not a bad showing. Jalen Brunson looks like a perfect fit at PG. Mitchell Robinson is already injured after playing thirteen minutes. He's dominant when he plays which is "rarely". Anyway, first night wasn't awful which it usually is.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Two in a row at home. Jalen Brunson makes all the difference in the world. Now, if we could get Julius Randle to stop thinking he's Steph Curry and maybe teach R.J. Barrett to pass a little bit more often, we could go places. Not elite, not terrible, just slightly better than average at this point.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Knicks are mediocre at best. [sigh]
Snake

Post by Snake »

McFan wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:26 am Knicks are mediocre at best. [sigh]
My Cavs whooped that ass
McFan

Post by McFan »

Update: New York Knicks remain the worst run organization in the NBA.

Carry on...
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What do you think about Knicks @McNasty ?