Way way too early 53 man roster prediction

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Four Verticals

Re: Way way too early 53 man roster prediction

Post by Four Verticals »

The coaches are unlikely to tell anyone what they are thinking in terms of who plays where....at least at this point. It serves no purpose to state that Hainsey is or isn't going to play guard, center or anywhere else. Attach that to all of the candidates for the 3 IOL positions.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean, you can have a plan, sure. We had a plan to put Ali at center. But you can hear by the way everyone speaks you also have to be ready to pivot from a plan. I'm sure the line will shake out the best it can. We have a lot of maulers.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I was noticing how our rosters have built built since Arians got here and how Bowles constructed his roster last year. 3 QBs/4 RBs/6 WRs/4 TEs/9 OLs and Bowles reduced QBs to 2 and WRs to 5.

On defense Arians had 6 DLs/5 OLBs/4 ILBs/5 CBs/4 Ss to adding a 6th OLB and CB.

I think this all due to have mostly 2 WR sets. Now that we are 3 WRs sets the question is do we reduce OLB by one where Bowles loves to rotate players all game or CB where the team has been bitten before. My thought is this. Since he is crosstraining CB and S that he will add back a 6th WR and keep 6 OLBs.

Wolford was added back to the roster at the very end of Oct 31 when QB injuries started to add up. I am guessing this will happen again.

PS Jose Ramirez doesn't make the cut. Sorry @Doctor

QB: Baker Mayfield, Kyle Trask
RB: Rachaad White, Bucky Irving, Chase Edmunds, Sean Tucker
WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Jalen McMillan, Deven Thompkins, Trey Palmer, Ryan Miller
TE: Cade Otten, Payne Durham, Devin Culp, Tanner Taula
OL: Tristan Wirfs, Cody Mauch, Graham Barton, Elijah Klien, Luke Goedecke, Brandon Walton, Ben Bredeson, Justin Skule, Sue Opeta

DL: Vita Vea, Calijah Kancey, Logan Hall, Greg Gaines, William Gholson, Mike Greene
OLB: Joe Tryon-Shoyinko, Yaya Diaby, Chris Braswell, Markees Watts, Anthony Nelson, Randy Gregory
ILB: Lavonte David, KJ Britt, Sirvocea Dennis, JJ Russell
CB: Jamal Dean, Bryce Hall, Zyon Mccollum, Tavierre Thomas, Quandre Mosely
S: Antoine Winfield Jr, Jordan Whitehead, Christian Izien, Tykee Smith

LS: Evan Deckers
P: Jake Carmada
K: Chase McLaughlin
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

kaimaru wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 12:17 am
PS Jose Ramirez doesn't make the cut. Sorry @Doctor