Shame of the Game- Rams

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Shame of the Game- Rams

Post by Defense5599 »

Shame of the Game goes to Carlton Davis for being Cooper Kupp's bitch all afternoon
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Primeminister

Re: Shame of the Game- Rams

Post by Primeminister »

Can I only pick one?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Shaq. Where are you? You got your contract. Now it's time to show up.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Todd Bowles.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Jamel Dean for dropping the easy pick that could've changed the whole game, then getting hurt and opening the door for Dee Delaney who was real bad.
BLT

Post by BLT »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:54 am Shaq. Where are you? You got your contract. Now it's time to show up.
Shaq, Winfield and White all missing so far this year.
MJW

Post by MJW »

In three seasons, Shaq has gone from "He's dominating!" to "He's not dominating but he is influencing the game!" to "Did Shaq play today?"

No idea why. But it's a scary development, with JPP banged up and Tryon simply not ready to consistently beat blocks yet.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

BLT wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:06 pm Jamel Dean for dropping the easy pick that could've changed the whole game, then getting hurt and opening the door for Dee Delaney who was real bad.
You can't really fault Delaney. He just got promoted from the practice squad and was nervous as hell. This was the worst environment he could've been in.

This defense as a whole has played like dogshit thus far.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Shame of the game = Todd B. He failed to adjust for the personnel he had and the offense he knew he was going to play.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 am In three seasons, Shaq has gone from "He's dominating!" to "He's not dominating but he is influencing the game!" to "Did Shaq play today?"

No idea why. But it's a scary development, with JPP banged up and Tryon simply not ready to consistently beat blocks yet.
Pains me to make this correlation but he's also gone from making $5mil to making Franchise tag $ to a multiyear guaranteed contract.

Not saying that's the case with Shaq but hey, it happens. Everyone knows this. Some players get paid and the lights go off.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:23 am
BLT wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:06 pm Jamel Dean for dropping the easy pick that could've changed the whole game, then getting hurt and opening the door for Dee Delaney who was real bad.
You can't really fault Delaney. He just got promoted from the practice squad and was nervous as hell. This was the worst environment he could've been in.

Vea is doing work. From what I've seen, LVD is doing what he always does - there just haven't been a ton of opportunities his way. Those plays will come. And Cockrell has far and away been our best DB IMHO.

But man...if you told me the rest of them were starters on a defense that held the Chiefs without a TD, I wouldn't believe you. And I don't buy that SMB (who if we'll recall was considered a borderline bust before his big playoff run) being out has made things that much more difficult.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 am
MJW wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:15 am In three seasons, Shaq has gone from "He's dominating!" to "He's not dominating but he is influencing the game!" to "Did Shaq play today?"

Pains me to make this correlation but he's also gone from making $5mil to making Franchise tag $ to a multiyear guaranteed contract.

Not saying that's the case with Shaq but hey, it happens. Everyone knows this. Some players get paid and the lights go off.
I pray that you're wrong, but it's as good a theory as any at this point. Something's off.
Let's roll another joint
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 am

I pray that you're wrong, but it's as good a theory as any at this point. Something's off.
Word out of camp was Shaq was in just as good as shape, if not better, than ever. Plus the entire pass push is lacking so it's not just Shaq Barrett.

But I get the theory based on his lack of production in 3 games. I just haven't heard anything to support he's checked out or coasting b/c got paid. We'll see though.
Dread

Post by Dread »

The defense. Nobody made a fucking play.

The Bucs defense thrives on negative plays. Sacks, takeaways, TFLs...

We'll surrender more yards than most in passing game but as a trade off we make a handful of game changing plays on defense.

Dallas and now the Rams have been able to attempt way too many passes without the Bucs defense getting some negative plays as a result.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:34 am
Defense5599 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:23 am

Vea is doing work. From what I've seen, LVD is doing what he always does - there just haven't been a ton of opportunities his way. Those plays will come. And Cockrell has far and away been our best DB IMHO.

But man...if you told me the rest of them were starters on a defense that held the Chiefs without a TD, I wouldn't believe you. And I don't buy that SMB (who if we'll recall was considered a borderline bust before his big playoff run) being out has made things that much more difficult.
Vea wasn't doing much work Sunday afternoon. He only played on 33 defensive snaps, barely cracking 50%. Suh only played 34 snaps. In contrast, Aaron Donald played on 82% of the Rams 60 defensive snaps.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 am
MJW wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:35 am

Word out of camp was Shaq was in just as good as shape, if not better, than ever. Plus the entire pass push is lacking so it's not just Shaq Barrett.

But I get the theory based on his lack of production in 3 games. I just haven't heard anything to support he's checked out or coasting b/c got paid. We'll see though.
Wasnt that the word on everyone coming out of camp? AB was as healthy and as fast as he'd every been. Gronk was as healthy as he'd ever been. JPP was as healthy as he'd ever been.

I take those stories with a grain of salt. The media isn't about to do anything to demean the Super Bowl Champions. That veil of invincibility has to be the headline. Everyone is healthy. Everyone got in excellent shape and is better than last year.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:50 am
Dread wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:40 am

Wasnt that the word on everyone coming out of camp? AB was as healthy and as fast as he'd every been. Gronk was as healthy as he'd ever been. JPP was as healthy as he'd ever been.

I take those stories with a grain of salt. The media isn't about to do anything to demean the Super Bowl Champions. That veil of invincibility has to be the headline. Everyone is healthy. Everyone got in excellent shape and is better than last year.
Not Tyler Johnson ;) :P

Also, AB and Gronk do look great. Better than at any point last season.

The JPP bit was mostly him talking about how he had knee issue last season and looking forward to not having to deal with those.

I get what you're saying, but the examples you cite aren't the best. My point was we haven't heard anything re: Shaq mailing it in after getting paid as you implied might be happening.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:39 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:50 am

The JPP bit was mostly him talking about how he had knee issue last season and looking forward to not having to deal with those.

I get what you're saying, but the examples you cite aren't the best. My point was we haven't heard anything re: Shaq mailing it in after getting paid as you implied might be happening.
AB and Gronk look the same as last year. In what ways do they look better?

You won’t hear anything about a player mailing it in after getting paid. Ever. It’ll show up on tape and on the stats sheet. So far that’s the case with Shaq. Hopefully he plays better.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:45 am
Dread wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:39 am

AB and Gronk look the same as last year. In what ways do they look better?

You won’t hear anything about a player mailing it in after getting paid. Ever. It’ll show up on tape and on the stats sheet. So far that’s the case with Shaq. Hopefully he plays better.
I disagree that AB didn't look better (quicker/faster) in week 1 than at any point he was here last season. Maybe he's in better shape since he's had a full offseason and not on suspension and/or he understands the playbook better and thus can play faster.

Gronk is back to his normal playing weight from pre-retirement, when he came back last season he was lighter than he'd ever been since he lost weight (as most players do) when he retired for that season.

Imo there are often indications a player who recently cashed in with a big contract is mailing it in beyond just the tape/stat sheet. Not that those aren't indicators as well. I just wouldn't make those implications after 3 games without other circumstantial evidence to support it is all.

If Shaq is in good shape and the effort is there then the production will come. I haven't seen or heard that he's in worse shape or playing with less effort.