New York Jets Official Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: New York Jets Official Thread

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:59 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:25 pm Jets have an official thread in here and we don't?
Yup. Suck it up, nerd face.

Let me write this down. Nov 24, 2022 Rocker actually talked to me.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:37 am
Rocker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:59 pm

Yup. Suck it up, nerd face.

We’ve never spoken.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:37 am

We’ve never spoken.

I going to count ventriloquism by keyboard.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We’ve never spoken.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We’ve never spoken.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We’ve never spoken.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We’ve never spoken.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

We’ve never spoken.

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I picture a hand in a puppet that has a hand in another puppet.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

With further thought on the matter - I think you may be right. Now I'm gonna have a nightmare that shows a closet 30ft long filled with puppets.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Inflating your post count is so 2006.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Knock it off.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 am Inflating your post count is so 2006.
I had the google browser opened twice without knowing and it adds them up everytime you hit enter.
Use your VIP card and remove a few of them.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:35 am Inflating your post count is so 2006.
I thought he was skipping. Like an old CD.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Rocker wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:48 am
I thought he was skipping. Like an old CD.
While skipping. Like a little girl.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Phantom wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:15 am @McFan ya alright?
Yurp. Thanks friends for keeping this thread alive while I dealt with a few medical things. The whole "Zach Wilson Drama" was the talk of the NYJ fan base all week. My take is this: I look at Wilson, and just see a privileged, snotty little bitch with enormous talent. He's never really had to work for anything. Handing him the reins without proving a damn thing worked against him considering his smugness. Plus, he's pretty small in stature (NFL wise) but I felt let the experts who are paid to make these evaluations, do so. All that said, his game against New England, which JETS fan despise after 20 years of Belicheat and Brady making us our bitch twice a year, was totally unacceptable. Then he compounds it with a snarky, stupid remark at the press conference. He does need a reset. Mike White is serviceable but not a franchise QB. Can he be a Tannehill type QB? Perhaps, but Zach has to be sat down and Saleh made the only call he could. If it's my team, I trade for veteran presence like Garropolo or David Carr and get what you can for Wilson. Maybe a QB guru can fix him, but for my $$$, way too much Baker Mayfield/Johnny Manziel for my liking.
Last edited by McFan on Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Bears game went as it should sans Justin Fields and a their secondary which is all banged up. Absolutely had to win the game and they did with an average performance from their defense which I believe took the game for granted (if you can imagine that). Next two weeks tell the story at Minnesota and Buffalo. If they win one of the two, I believe they will make the playoffs. If they lose both, it's going to be a dogfight. Their schedule is pretty damn rough.
MJW

Post by MJW »

McFan wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:51 am Anyway, thanks friends for keeping this thread alive while I deal with a few medical things. The whole "Zach Wilson Drama" was the talk of the NYJ fan base all week. My take is this: I look at Wilson, and just see a privileged, smug little bitch with enormous talent. He's never really had to work for anything. Handing the reigns without proving a damn thing. Plus, he's pretty small in stature (NFL wise) but I felt let the experts who are paid to make these evaluations, do so. All that said, his game against New England, which JETS fan despise after 20 years of Belicheat and Brady making us our bitch twice a year, was totally unacceptable. Then he compounds it with a smug, stupid remark at the press conference. He does need a reset. Mike White is serviceable but not a franchise QB. Can he be a Tannehill type QB? Perhaps, but Zach has to be sat down and Saleh made the only call he could. If it's my team, I trade for veteran presence like Garropolo or David Carr and get what you can for Wilson. Maybe a QB guru can fix him, but for my $$$, way too much Baker Mayfield/Johnny Manziel for my liking.
Damn, that's some straight talk.

I don't know enough about Wilson as a dude to comment on that, really. I think he has elite arm talent. Elite. And he's played at a high level several times to date, including last year against us. I'm not sure what the Jets can do at this point. White has obviously earned more starts. What do they do if he doesn't give the job back easily? Can they give up on WIlson so soon? Obviously, they COULD. But man, that'd be a bold move for Mike White. It'd also mean in less than a decade, they'd given up on Mark Sanchez (high first round pick), Geno Smith (second round pick), Christian Hackenberg (second round pick), Sam Darnold (high first round pick), and Zack Wilson (high first round pick.) That's sort of nuts to think about.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
McFan

Post by McFan »

MJW wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:56 am Damn, that's some straight talk.

I don't know enough about Wilson as a dude to comment on that, really. I think he has elite arm talent. Elite. And he's played at a high level several times to date, including last year against us. I'm not sure what the Jets can do at this point. White has obviously earned more starts. What do they do if he doesn't give the job back easily? Can they give up on WIlson so soon? Obviously, they COULD. But man, that'd be a bold move for Mike White. It'd also mean in less than a decade, they'd given up on Mark Sanchez (high first round pick), Geno Smith (second round pick), Christian Hackenberg (second round pick), Sam Darnold (high first round pick), and Zack Wilson (high first round pick.) That's sort of nuts to think about.
Put another way, that's the JETS past in a nutshell. This regime has done better. I think they whiffed on the Wilson pick and simply need to admit it. Go from there. Get a veteran QB and let Mike White back him up.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The word on the street is Wilson has the worst footwork in the NFL and can’t read defenses post-snap. Also a case of the yips. Missing screen passes and rhythm throws.

That’s really really bad. If I’m the Jets, I’m targeting Jimmy G and Tom Brady in the off-season. If they are as talented as people think they are, outside of quarterback, they shouldn’t have any problems upgrading.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:11 am The word on the street is Wilson has the worst footwork in the NFL and can’t read defenses post-snap. Also a case of the yips. Missing screen passes and rhythm throws.

That’s really really bad. If I’m the Jets, I’m targeting Jimmy G and Tom Brady in the off-season. If they are as talented as people think they are, outside of quarterback, they shouldn’t have any problems upgrading.
The Jets are for real. They aren't perfect though. That Oline is a little below average to average. They don't really have a true #2 opposite Wilson and they need a real TE. I'd like them better this year with Hall being healthy.

But in terms of defense, good luck finding a real weakness. They create turnovers, they get to the QB, I believe they are one of the best at preventing TDs in the red zone as well.

Zach Wilson isn't it and it doesn't seem they are going to wait 5 years to find out. Good for them and Robert Salah. I've always liked him from him days in San Fran and I had no doubts he would succeed as a HC.
McFan

Post by McFan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 am
The Jets are for real. They aren't perfect though. That Oline is a little below average to average. They don't really have a true #2 opposite Wilson and they need a real TE. I'd like them better this year with Hall being healthy.

But in terms of defense, good luck finding a real weakness. They create turnovers, they get to the QB, I believe they are one of the best at preventing TDs in the red zone as well.

Zach Wilson isn't it and it doesn't seem they are going to wait 5 years to find out. Good for them and Robert Salah. I've always liked him from him days in San Fran and I had no doubts he would succeed as a HC.
Nailed it KB.

The Oline is banged up and over-achieving right now (if you can believe that). Only defensive shortcoming is their tackling which is poor at best. I'm betting that's because they go at 100% all the time and tackling at that rate of speed isn't easy (unless your name is the great Ronnie Lott). Saleh has infused life into them this season with his "taking receipts" mantra earlier. Jets fans are besides themselves happy because this schedule looked like 6-11 would be an accomplishment. Now a winning season can be achieved with just one more win. With road games at Buffalo, Minnesota, Seattle and Miami and home games with Detroit and Jacksonville, I'd sign for 2-3 right now, which means an overall 10-7 record. That's utopia for this season, believe me.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Snake wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:11 am The word on the street is Wilson has the worst footwork in the NFL and can’t read defenses post-snap. Also a case of the yips. Missing screen passes and rhythm throws.

Worse than that Snake, is his attitude. Zach comes from a well to do family. No crime in that, but this kid has serious attitude issues. He was never elected captain at BYU and many scouts questioned that. His college coach praised his work ethic while at BYU but wasn't overly effusive in doing so. I like the kid, but I think it's not working in the biggest city in the United States, and the fan base once they turn on a player, they usually don't come back around. All that said, I do not think Mike White is the answer, long term. He's serviceable and a welcome relief to the disaster Wilson has become. Best Zach W. reboots his career elsewhere with a coach who can handle him. I'd bet a coach like Brian Daboll with the Giants could do it. But its the same city, and I think he needs a fresh start somewhere else.
McFan

Post by McFan »

6 times in the red zone, 1 TD, 3 FG's and 2 turnovers. That's the JETS!
McFan

Post by McFan »

Lions are going down Sunday. If not, its been a fun season. See ya in 2023.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

McFan wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:14 am Lions are going down Sunday. If not, its been a fun season. See ya in 2023.
Um....you best not abandon your fan-mates. Just because your flaked out lackey, AB, got his dates (could be calendar type) wrong and drew all the attention prematurely....again.
Push the damned button already!
MJW

Post by MJW »

McFan wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:14 am Lions are going down Sunday. If not, its been a fun season. See ya in 2023.
TBH, you guys are a full year ahead of where we all thought you'd be. This was going to be the 5-6 win year. Next year was going to be the playoff push. So even if you fall short, you gotta be excited about what you're building.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Saleh is going to be a really good coach who gets done extremely dirty by the dysfunctional Jets organization. Their defense is talented but not super experienced outside of a few guys, but he has them playing way above that lack of experience.

If the Jets had simply stable QB play they'd be contenders.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

You were saying???
McFan

Post by McFan »

MJW wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:49 am TBH, you guys are a full year ahead of where we all thought you'd be. This was going to be the 5-6 win year. Next year was going to be the playoff push. So even if you fall short, you gotta be excited about what you're building.
Well, that's the company line for sure. No moral victories but at the end of the season, you have to be pleased. Schedule was brutal so I was thinking 6-11 would be ok if they showed improvement. They have done that so if they finish 8-9 no reasonable Jets fan wouldn't have signed up for that before the first kickoff.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

McFan wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:57 am
MJW wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:49 am TBH, you guys are a full year ahead of where we all thought you'd be. This was going to be the 5-6 win year. Next year was going to be the playoff push. So even if you fall short, you gotta be excited about what you're building.
Well, that's the company line for sure. No moral victories but at the end of the season, you have to be pleased. Schedule was brutal so I was thinking 6-11 would be ok if they showed improvement. They have done that so if they finish 8-9 no reasonable Jets fan wouldn't have signed up for that before the first kickoff.

You guys are the definition of a QB away (maybe not literally but pretty damn close). The difference between the Jets with Mike White (who I love but lets be honest he's just an average QB most likely) and the Jets with Zach Wilson is night and day and you can see how the offense struggling under Wilson bleeds into the defense.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Do you think Jimmy G can do a good enough job as a game manager to give them a shot at winning the division?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:03 am Do you think Jimmy G can do a good enough job as a game manager to give them a shot at winning the division?
Maybe, Buffalo is fucking good and they're banged up on defense and the o-line right now. I think winning a division against a QB like Allen, Mahomes, Brady, Rodgers, and now maybe Hurts is a hard ask.

Is Jimmy G a good enough game manager to lead them to a winning record and a playoff spot most years, absolutely. Jimmy G gets more hate than he deserves. He's a Brad Johnson in a world of world-class athletes who can actually play the QB position.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jets would be slaying with Jimmy. I said it.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Last two losses, both at home, is so "Jets-like" it's ridiculous. Yes, they've had a better year than expected but if they lose the last two, they'll be 1-7 since their bye week thereby destroying all good feelings this year started with.

I'd mention the meltdown on the JETS fan page is entertaining enough to keep me interested. All the sudden "Mike White" is Patrick Mahomes-lite. I mean that's the level of delusion of that group.

I suppose it's why I still enjoy this place. Lot's of friends and reasonable expectations from "mostly" knowledgeable football fans.