New York Jets Official Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
The Outsider

Re: New York Jets Official Thread

Post by The Outsider »

McFan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am Last two losses, both at home, is so "Jets-like" it's ridiculous. Yes, they've had a better year than expected but if they lose the last two, they'll be 1-7 since their bye week thereby destroying all good feelings this year started with.

I'd mention the meltdown on the JETS fan page is entertaining enough to keep me interested. All the sudden "Mike White" is Patrick Mahomes-lite. I mean that's the level of delusion of that group.

I suppose it's why I still enjoy this place. Lot's of friends and reasonable expectations from "mostly" knowledgeable football fans.
Take the silver lining in that you guys are shedding Zach Wilson, have a young promising guy in White, and the rest of your team is actually pretty damn good. So is your head coach. Things are looking pretty good for the Jets in the near future.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:39 am
McFan wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:48 am Last two losses, both at home, is so "Jets-like" it's ridiculous. Yes, they've had a better year than expected but if they lose the last two, they'll be 1-7 since their bye week thereby destroying all good feelings this year started with.

I'd mention the meltdown on the JETS fan page is entertaining enough to keep me interested. All the sudden "Mike White" is Patrick Mahomes-lite. I mean that's the level of delusion of that group.

I suppose it's why I still enjoy this place. Lot's of friends and reasonable expectations from "mostly" knowledgeable football fans.
Take the silver lining in that you guys are shedding Zach Wilson, have a young promising guy in White, and the rest of your team is actually pretty damn good. So is your head coach. Things are looking pretty good for the Jets in the near future.
Write off this year as a bad experiment. Shitcan Zach Wilson (keep his mom, though.) and give the keys to White. Just quit the swapping QBs, it's a waste of time, planning and depreciates morale.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Give the keys to Mike White has "we're aiming for 8-9 at best" written all over it.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:03 pm Give the keys to Mike White has "we're aiming for 8-9 at best" written all over it.
You act like quarterbacks can’t develop…
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:18 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:03 pm Give the keys to Mike White has "we're aiming for 8-9 at best" written all over it.
So let's get this on record. Can QBs develop or not?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:18 pm

IDK, Bootz, you’re the one talking out of both ends
McFan

Post by McFan »

QB's can indeed develop but obviously at different speeds and on different levels. Zach is broken mentally. He can't play in NY. Could an offensive guru fix him? Maybe, but JETS just can't waste any more time on him. This team is built to win now. I'm just not seeing Mike White as "the guy!". When compared to Zach, sure he's an upgrade, but not (in my opinion) built to lead a team to the promised land. Not with this coaching staff which is defense oriented.

I think Saleh will be retained IF he agrees to part with his current OC. Mike Lafleur is learning on the job and the offense is worse than last year even with promising talent. It's my feeling that if Saleh won't make the change, he'll be shown the door. The current owner did not hire him or the GM. His brother did.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:32 pm

You're the one saying Justin Fields at 23 is a lost cause. You're the one saying what QBs do in their rookie years matters more than what they do in the future. That's your assessment of QBs. Now you're saying "you act like QBs can't develop". Which is it?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:19 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:37 pm

You're the one saying Justin Fields at 23 is a lost cause. You're the one saying what QBs do in their rookie years matters more than what they do in the future. That's your assessment of QBs. Now you're saying "you act like QBs can't develop". Which is it?
You’re writing off Mike white after 7 games and Trask without ever taking a snap, but god forbid I take a stance and say Fields is doo so and Tua is what he was in his first two seasons and not the third best quarterback based on 8 games this year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:55 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:19 am

You’re writing off Mike white after 7 games and Trask without ever taking a snap, but god forbid I take a stance and say Fields is doo so and Tua is what he was in his first two seasons and not the third best quarterback based on 8 games this year.
I'll ask you the same question I asked you about Trask that you cowardly dodged. What great attributes does Mike White possess that suggests he has a future as a productive QB for the Jets?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Can you imagine if the Jets had Geno Smith...
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Mike White doesn't need to be Mahomes.

The beauty of the Shanny offense is that it was forged in the age of meh QBs. Can it be even better with a good QB? Sure, see Matt Ryan's MVP year. But it can put up plenty of points to hang all the same with the Jimmy Gs and Brock Purdys of the world if they have the defense, which they do. You just need to be able to execute.

Zach Wilson and Trey Lance are failing to meet a low bar.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Trey Lance has made 4 starts and didn't get out of the 1st quarter in 1 of them. Comparing him to anyone is ridiculous.
McFan

Post by McFan »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:30 am What great attributes does Mike White possess that suggests he has a future as a productive QB for the Jets?
None
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

McFan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:10 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:30 am What great attributes does Mike White possess that suggests he has a future as a productive QB for the Jets?
None
Of course he doesn't. @acmillis cowardly dodged the question because he knew the truth.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:12 am
McFan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:10 am

None
Of course he doesn't. @acmillis cowardly dodged the question because he knew the truth.
It's great to know that you truly love me, Bootz. Mentioning me so often is flattering from a dude who posts eleventy billion times/day.

You're ready to write Mike White off already, but Justin Fields gets more than 2+ years to prove he's straight trash? I didn't see his performance this past Sunday, but I'd assume that, because he faced the third worst D in the NFL, he probably had a monster game, how did Fields perform?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:12 am

It's great to know that you truly love me, Bootz. Mentioning me so often is flattering from a dude who posts eleventy billion times/day.

You're ready to write Mike White off already, but Justin Fields gets more than 2+ years to prove he's straight trash? I didn't see his performance this past Sunday, but I'd assume that, because he faced the third worst D in the NFL, he probably had a monster game, how did Fields perform?
This is a Jets thread about Mike White and you're trying desperately to strawman Justin Fields in here like you do every other conversation.

Tell us about White and the great qualities he has to be Jets starter. You're the only one who believe he has a long term future in this league. We're dying to hear what his great talents are.

If you choose not to, then it's safe to say you know you were full of shit here and have nothing. Choice is yours, kiddo.
McFan

Post by McFan »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 am You're ready to write Mike White off already, but Justin Fields gets more than 2+ years to prove he's straight trash? I didn't see his performance this past Sunday, but I'd assume that, because he faced the third worst D in the NFL, he probably had a monster game, how did Fields perform?
Mike White is not a rookie. He's been in the league 5 years and has been a backup for all five of them. He's a competent backup, nothing more, in my humble opinion. Thing is, when compared to the total ineptness of Zach Wilson this season, he comes across far more skilled than he actually is. I've watched every snap, that's just who he is. Comparing him to Justin Fields is like comparing apples to bowling balls.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:30 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 am

This is a Jets thread about Mike White and you're trying desperately to strawman Justin Fields in here like you do every other conversation.

Tell us about White and the great qualities he has to be Jets starter. You're the only one who believe he has a long term future in this league. We're dying to hear what his great talents are.

If you choose not to, then it's safe to say you know you were full of shit here and have nothing. Choice is yours, kiddo.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mike-whit ... 5862958e61

Arm talent is the first thing you notice
Former high school pitcher with 90 MPH fastball who can crank up that heat when he needs to
Has good drive accuracy
Able to push the ball into tight windows
Has velocity and accuracy to attack the middle of the field
Can alternate between heat and touch
Throws catchable deep ball and has ability to drop it over a cornerback's head down the sideline
Can be dangerous from the pocket when he's protected
Completed 57 percent of his deep throws when protection was better in 2016
Resets feet before throwing when he leaves the pocket
Asked to make full-field reads at times
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

McFan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am
acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:25 am You're ready to write Mike White off already, but Justin Fields gets more than 2+ years to prove he's straight trash? I didn't see his performance this past Sunday, but I'd assume that, because he faced the third worst D in the NFL, he probably had a monster game, how did Fields perform?
Mike White is not a rookie. He's been in the league 5 years and has been a backup for all five of them. He's a competent backup, nothing more, in my humble opinion. Thing is, when compared to the total ineptness of Zach Wilson this season, he comes across far more skilled than he actually is. I've watched every snap, that's just who he is. Comparing him to Justin Fields is like comparing apples to bowling balls.
This. @acmillis wants to win his feud with @King Bootz so badly he is willing to make Mike White into something he is not.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 am
McFan wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:04 am

This. @acmillis wants to win his feud with @King Bootz so badly he is willing to make Mike White into something he is not.
Best he could come up with is a scouting report from 5 years ago. Not his own assessment. Not even his own words but a scouting report. What's funny is if I decided to do the same for Justin Fields, his scouting report would not only be much more recent but it would be a hell of a lot more favorable.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

That said, Mike White does give the Jets their best chance to win right now. I don't think Flacco is any better at this stage in his career. And Zach Wilson might be the worst QB I've seen in a long, long time.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:32 am
Primeminister wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:23 am

Best he could come up with is a scouting report from 5 years ago. Not his own assessment. Not even his own words but a scouting report. What's funny is if I decided to do the same for Justin Fields, his scouting report would not only be much more recent but it would be a hell of a lot more favorable.
Bootz says "after 8 career games, we know a qb is shit" (white). Bootz also says that after 0 career SNAPS, we know a qb is shit (Trask).

Bootz also says that Fields is a good qb after two season of playing like shit.

It's the principle of the matter. I don't think White is good, but he has so little history/time in the game, I can't say for sure if he's good/bad.

Sorry for hijacking your thread @McFan!
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Overall the Jets season was about as good as one can expect. Sure it's nicer to make the playoffs but ultimately they aren't going to finish much different than say the Fins or Pats.

They got a lot of GREAT answers to some huge questions. The defense is legit. The DBs and WRs are knock outs. Hall is the freaking truth. It's the kind of team Jimmy G would take to a Super Bowl. Unfortunately one of the answers they got back wasn't great... QB. Zach Wilson ain't it. But it does look like they aren't going to waste 5 years pretending otherwise, so really they just need to bring the right guy in.
McFan

Post by McFan »

acmillis wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:47 am Sorry for hijacking your thread @McFan!
Didn't hijack it at all. I think you made very good points actually.

I appreciate all the responses from TBBB fans or others when discussing my childhood team. You all are fair minded and much more knowledgeable than those who patrol the NY JETS FAN PAGE area for example. Some total morons there, let me tell ya.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:33 am That said, Mike White does give the Jets their best chance to win right now. I don't think Flacco is any better at this stage in his career. And Zach Wilson might be the worst QB I've seen in a long, long time.
Wilson boned his mom's friend though. So that's pretty cool.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:44 pm Overall the Jets season was about as good as one can expect. Sure it's nicer to make the playoffs but ultimately they aren't going to finish much different than say the Fins or Pats.

They got a lot of GREAT answers to some huge questions. The defense is legit. The DBs and WRs are knock outs. Hall is the freaking truth. It's the kind of team Jimmy G would take to a Super Bowl. Unfortunately one of the answers they got back wasn't great... QB. Zach Wilson ain't it. But it does look like they aren't going to waste 5 years pretending otherwise, so really they just need to bring the right guy in.
Derek Carr would be phenomenal for the Jets. Raiders have been 32nd overall on defense during his tenure, and while he's turned the ball over in their most recent losses (minus the game he was sat) He was something like 21/6 for the rest of the season. Stick him on a team with at least decent offensive talent (which the Jets have, at least) and a good defense and he's easily a playoff QB, maybe even a QB you can win a Super Bowl with if he gets hot at the right time.
nybf

Post by nybf »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:01 pm
The Outsider wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:33 am That said, Mike White does give the Jets their best chance to win right now. I don't think Flacco is any better at this stage in his career. And Zach Wilson might be the worst QB I've seen in a long, long time.
Jets fans were on top of the world when that story came out. Funny how quickly that crashed and burned.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

nybf wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:01 pm
_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:01 pm
Jets fans were on top of the world when that story came out. Funny how quickly that crashed and burned.
3 pump chump with a mommy fetish
nybf

Post by nybf »

:lol:

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

nybf wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:44 pm :lol:

Or, yeah, doubling down on an awful starter that never should have been drafted where he was works too.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Jets are officially in the offseason so it's all smoke and mirrors from here on out. Nothing they say can be taken at face value.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Doctor wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 am Jets are officially in the offseason so it's all smoke and mirrors from here on out. Nothing they say can be taken at face value.
I feel that pretty much applies to every large organization at virtually all times, but yeah.
McFan

Post by McFan »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:01 pm Wilson boned his mom's friend though. So that's pretty cool.
Whether intentional or not, this is the kind of stuff JETS Fan Page write over and over....
Doctor wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:18 am Jets are officially in the offseason so it's all smoke and mirrors from here on out. Nothing they say can be taken at face value.
Nailed it Doc. Exactly right.
nybf

Post by nybf »

nybf wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:44 pm :lol:

:lol: :lol: