NBA other than NY thread:

BuccaNOLEer

Re: NBA other than NY thread:

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Phantom wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:49 pm Ah how about the Heat? Impressive
You know this league is rigged. They want the stars on TV. Miami has Butler. New York doesn't have shit.

You know it will be a Lakers/Celtics finals because that's a classic matchup that everyone will watch.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Tbh, Miami Heat haven’t really been that big of a ratings draw franchise outside of the years they had LeBron. Miami vs Denver would be a ratings nightmare for the NBA, which is exactly why I want it. Preferably with the Nuggets getting a ring.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Fuck please.... PLEASE!
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think I’d be good with any team winning this lottery other than Houston!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Spurs getting another generational big.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Fucking Spurs rigged

Magics got 6 and 11 pick
Snake

Post by Snake »

Would’ve looked great in Orlando.
These Are The Days

Some franchises are just blessed. And unlike Orlando the Spurs aren't gonna see their franchise big fuck em fresh off a championship loss to go to LA. Congrats to them I guess
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

These Are The Days wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 pm Some franchises are just blessed. And unlike Orlando the Spurs aren't gonna see their franchise big fuck em fresh off a championship loss to go to LA. Congrats to them I guess
The Spurs last star ditched them for LA, lol.
These Are The Days

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:55 pm Some franchises are just blessed. And unlike Orlando the Spurs aren't gonna see their franchise big fuck em fresh off a championship loss to go to LA. Congrats to them I guess
After tonight they don't care anymore. Spurs are probably gonna fast-forward through this rebuild faster than Orlando now
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

These Are The Days wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:11 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:36 pm

After tonight they don't care anymore. Spurs are probably gonna fast-forward through this rebuild faster than Orlando now
Still throws a wrench in the whole “Spurs players won’t leave for LA” idea. Literally anyone is at risk of losing their stars to LA, it’s just the best place to be if you are a rich, successful athlete in a sport like the NBA.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the Spurs build around Victor because the roster is very bare outside of him. Which was obviously needed to get in this situation.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Man I feel bad for Orlando

Just imagine big three

Tim Duncan, Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady…

Fuck Doc Rivers

https://www.si.com/nba/magic/news/orlan ... doc-rivers
These Are The Days

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:19 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:11 pm

Still throws a wrench in the whole “Spurs players won’t leave for LA” idea. Literally anyone is at risk of losing their stars to LA, it’s just the best place to be if you are a rich, successful athlete in a sport like the NBA.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the Spurs build around Victor because the roster is very bare outside of him. Which was obviously needed to get in this situation.
That's not necessarily how I meant it. Just more like Duncan and Robinson didn't leave the Spurs in a ditch to die and rot in the sun. Yeah Duncan was gonna go to Orlando but he didn't. He didn't. The Magic never had their guy change his mind. I'm not saying the Spurs have never lost big names either. But Kwahi at least won a ring before he pulled the shit he did. Imagine the Magic picking #5 last year and missing out on Banchero because they can't get a ping pong ball to bounce the right way and someone had the wherewithal to draft Wagner before they did the year before. Now imagine falling to #6.... They would be lucky to win even 20 games this year. THAT is how bad they've been screwed over by sheer lack of luck and a few selfish guys. James leaving Cleveland had a similar effect but he came back and won them a ring after the basketball Gods decided they'd get Wiggins and Kyrie in the meantime of James' departure and one guy could be traded for Kevin Love to put them over

Thank God the Spurs fans have never had to deal with that crap. This is the 3rd time for them that their bad stretch will be short and answered with a player of such caliber.
These Are The Days

My last post is long enough but I'm crossing my fingers that Zion doesn't do this shit to the Pelicans either. The whole team is centered around him and he is NEVER there to play and I really hope the big guy realizes they aren't getting better because he isn't getting better with his injury issues.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:58 pm
Phantom wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 5:49 pm Ah how about the Heat? Impressive
You know this league is rigged. They want the stars on TV. Miami has Butler. New York doesn't have shit.

You know it will be a Lakers/Celtics finals because that's a classic matchup that everyone will watch.
I hate the Lakers so I hope not. I think Denver is the better team and more fun to watch. If they win Game 2, I think they have a handle on this series. Would love to see Boston-Denver.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Navybuc wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:50 am
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 6:58 pm

I hate the Lakers so I hope not. I think Denver is the better team and more fun to watch. If they win Game 2, I think they have a handle on this series. Would love to see Boston-Denver.
Denver is the better team, no doubt, but the powers that be will allow that race baiting POS to lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals. I mean, look at game 1. Denver worked the Lakers over for three quarters and ended up eking out a 6 point win.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

These Are The Days wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 10:19 pm

That's not necessarily how I meant it. Just more like Duncan and Robinson didn't leave the Spurs in a ditch to die and rot in the sun. Yeah Duncan was gonna go to Orlando but he didn't. He didn't. The Magic never had their guy change his mind. I'm not saying the Spurs have never lost big names either. But Kwahi at least won a ring before he pulled the shit he did. Imagine the Magic picking #5 last year and missing out on Banchero because they can't get a ping pong ball to bounce the right way and someone had the wherewithal to draft Wagner before they did the year before. Now imagine falling to #6.... They would be lucky to win even 20 games this year. THAT is how bad they've been screwed over by sheer lack of luck and a few selfish guys. James leaving Cleveland had a similar effect but he came back and won them a ring after the basketball Gods decided they'd get Wiggins and Kyrie in the meantime of James' departure and one guy could be traded for Kevin Love to put them over

Thank God the Spurs fans have never had to deal with that crap. This is the 3rd time for them that their bad stretch will be short and answered with a player of such caliber.
I’m gonna be honest, I’m not reading all that. Not sure why the Orlando Magic have you butthurt when the Spurs just won the biggest lottery in years.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I honestly think Miami is better team than Boston
These Are The Days

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:45 am
These Are The Days wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am

I’m gonna be honest, I’m not reading all that. Not sure why the Orlando Magic have you butthurt when the Spurs just won the biggest lottery in years.
I'm not even mad at the Magic. I'm saying the Spurs haven't had stars screw them as hard as guys like Howard and Shaq did and that Kwahi is an outlier because he still won a chip before going nuclear. I'm happy for the Spurs. It's all good for them
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 am
Navybuc wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:50 am

Denver is the better team, no doubt, but the powers that be will allow that race baiting POS to lead the Lakers to the NBA Finals. I mean, look at game 1. Denver worked the Lakers over for three quarters and ended up eking out a 6 point win.
I hate Lebron so much…I think he’s a poison. He’s the primary reason why I don’t watch the NBA nearly as much as I did during the Jordan and Kobe days. The only real reason I’ll tune in from time to time now is because I enjoy Steph Curry and Jokic. To me, they’re the two Most entertaining players in the NBA and it’s not even close.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Navybuc wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:42 am
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:34 am

I hate Lebron so much…I think he’s a poison. He’s the primary reason why I don’t watch the NBA nearly as much as I did during the Jordan and Kobe days. The only real reason I’ll tune in from time to time now is because I enjoy Steph Curry and Jokic. To me, they’re the two Most entertaining players in the NBA and it’s not even close.
Lebron may be a race baiting motherfucker, but the way the league is set up nowadays is extremely unhealthy. They have a salary cap with exceptions left and right, and player maximum salaries. That enables the star free agents to collude and go to the team with the most cap space. At that point, the players themselves are the GMs.

They need an overhaul of the CBA. There should be a hard cap like the NFL. You can't go over it, period. You can designate one player on your team as a "marquee player" and that player's salary doesn't count against the cap.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Go Heat!
Snake

Post by Snake »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:40 pm
Navybuc wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:42 am

Lebron may be a race baiting motherfucker, but the way the league is set up nowadays is extremely unhealthy. They have a salary cap with exceptions left and right, and player maximum salaries. That enables the star free agents to collude and go to the team with the most cap space. At that point, the players themselves are the GMs.

They need an overhaul of the CBA. There should be a hard cap like the NFL. You can't go over it, period. You can designate one player on your team as a "marquee player" and that player's salary doesn't count against the cap.
Don’t disagree. NBA salary cap situation is a joke.
These Are The Days

Buck Foston
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What did I tell you about the Heat?

That’s right!! 1-0
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

The Celtics for all their hype can't handle an 8th seeded, centerless team. They need to join the NDA..... National Dicksucking Association.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jimmy Bulter us the real deal..
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

2-0!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Phantom wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 11:11 am I honestly think Miami is better team than Boston
Jesus lol
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s unbelievable how bad the Celtics are playing. Soft as fuck.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:34 pm It’s unbelievable how bad the Celtics are playing. Soft as fuck.
Or maybe Miami is better team

100x better

They kicked the crap out of Bucks for Christ sake
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:36 pm
Snake wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:34 pm It’s unbelievable how bad the Celtics are playing. Soft as fuck.
Or maybe Miami is better team

100x better

They kicked the crap out of Bucks for Christ sake
No, you’re right. Miami is legit.

The Celts are incredibly disappointing though. And I’m not even a fan lol
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jokic is really good
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

That ring may have solidified Jokic as a top 5 big of all time. It at minimum shuts up all the doubters that trashed him for not winning in the playoffs while simultaneously praising the human second round exit in Philadelphia.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Honestly think the Magic botched the draft hard. Anthony Black has talent but is a horrible fit and now we have to trade one of our young guards. Taking Jett Howard over Gradey Dick was puzzling too. Hopefully I’m wrong because this was a crucial draft for the Magic with two lottery picks, but I’m not thrilled.