NBA other than NY thread:

acmillis

Re: NBA other than NY thread:

Post by acmillis »

Rudy Gobert to MINNY for all of MNs first rounders forever
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I’m not sure that’s a good move for the Wolves. Sure, KAT’s physicality gets exposed in the playoffs but teams will probably just go small and expose this duo in the playoffs too. If Gobert had an offensive game he could maybe punish small lineups but he does not.

I really don’t think Gobert is good enough for a franchise like Minnesota that relies on scouting and drafting for talent to give up so many future picks. At least they got KAT locked up and Edwards should be a beast.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Paolo has looked really good in summer league and has me doubting my analysis. Will be interesting to see how he plays and fits in when games matter.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:56 pm I’m not sure that’s a good move for the Wolves. Sure, KAT’s physicality gets exposed in the playoffs but teams will probably just go small and expose this duo in the playoffs too. If Gobert had an offensive game he could maybe punish small lineups but he does not.

I really don’t think Gobert is good enough for a franchise like Minnesota that relies on scouting and drafting for talent to give up so many future picks. At least they got KAT locked up and Edwards should be a beast.
Go small…

Ant can destroy.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Good thing Orlando didn’t draft this guy
Breaking: Chet Holmgren will miss the 2022-2023 season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot.

Holmgren suffered the injury in a Pro-Am game in Seattle on Saturday.
Snake

Post by Snake »

uh oh. I think Embiid is the only big man in recent history to come back from that injury 100%, right?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

:-o Donovan Mitchell to Cavs!!!!

Nice!!!

Jazz got 3 first round picks

Holy crap
The Cavs are trading Lauri Markkanen, Ochai Agbaji, Collin Sexton, three first-round picks and two pick swaps to the Jazz for Donovan Mitchell, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Seems like a lot of assets to trade if you’re gonna make your back court two diminutive ball dominant players.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Cavs starting lineup looks scary on paper, but I’m not sure they have the depth and experience to beat Boston, Milwaukee or Miami.

Good on them for getting agressive though, they are doing a way better job building than they did in the 2000s when LeBron was there the first time.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:49 am Cavs starting lineup looks scary on paper, but I’m not sure they have the depth and experience to beat Boston, Milwaukee or Miami.

Good on them for getting agressive though, they are doing a way better job building than they did in the 2000s when LeBron was there the first time.
I really wish the Magic made the move. I don't hate Bamba. I just don't know what he does well. You could have added Ross too. The draft picks I could live with losing too.

I'm glad they (actually) have a plan but no one's gonna sign there over Boston or Miami until they get another convincing name. Mitchell might've done it for them and then the league would've taken notice
Snake

Post by Snake »

I do think the NBA is heading for a major rules change a la the MLB.

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:52 am I do think the NBA is heading for a major rules change a la the MLB.

What rule could affect this?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Pushing the 3pt line out further is my guess??? IDK.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:59 am
Snake wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:52 am I do think the NBA is heading for a major rules change a la the MLB.

Two easiest ways would be moved 3P line. Definitely widening court to get rid of the corner 3. And re-weighting the shots. A 3P shot is worth 50% more than a 2P. A 4P shot is only 33% more than a 3P.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

If there is ever a 4pt shot, I'll go all, "get off my lawn"
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:07 pm
Primeminister wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:59 am

Two easiest ways would be moved 3P line. Definitely widening court to get rid of the corner 3. And re-weighting the shots. A 3P shot is worth 50% more than a 2P. A 4P shot is only 33% more than a 3P.
Why would they want to change anything? They are making more money than ever and ratings have been going up.
nybf

Post by nybf »

They're not widening the court. There isn't a single team that will ok losing premium seats for something like that.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Somewhere, dawgland crashes into a tree.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Only one game in, but I’m willing to eat some crow on Paolo. He looks like a stud.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:27 am Only one game in, but I’m willing to eat some crow on Paolo. He looks like a stud.
Damn right

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Phantom wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:09 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:27 am Only one game in, but I’m willing to eat some crow on Paolo. He looks like a stud.
Damn right

Here's to hoping the Orlando Magic wise up, get out of Orlando and take up residence in the Amalie Arena.... and sooner rather than later.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

After the Bucs loss, I feel better now that the Lakers still winless this season 0-5

GOAT Lebron 0-5?!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

The Lakers might be one of the worst shooting teams of all time. It’s nuts to me that after the struggles they had last year that their big move of the offseason was to get Patrick Beverley lol.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:24 am The Lakers might be one of the worst shooting teams of all time. It’s nuts to me that after the struggles they had last year that their big move of the offseason was to get Patrick Beverley lol.
The last 2 off-seasons have been indefensible. Even on paper the moves make zero sense unless you’re trying to tank the team.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:03 pm
I’m glad I was wrong about him. So glad Magic drafted this kid!

Thank goodness we didn’t draft Chet Holmgren
These Are The Days

The Magic seriously need to do something about the health of their team. Thank God for Bol Bol. He might actually be able to salvage the situation with Jonathan Isaac to the effect that we're closer than not to him playing 2 games in 3 years. I know he had a setback but at this point I'm convinced the process is deliberate.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

These Are The Days wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:32 pm The Magic seriously need to do something about the health of their team. Thank God for Bol Bol. He might actually be able to salvage the situation with Jonathan Isaac to the effect that we're closer than not to him playing 2 games in 3 years. I know he had a setback but at this point I'm convinced the process is deliberate.
The front office is deliberately holding players out as long as they can get away with. Isaac has already told the media he could go out and play now but isn’t allowed to. Fultz has his boot off and is practicing but is supposedly a month away from being allowed to play. Banchero has a minor injury and is being held out for his 4th consecutive game with it. Now Carter Jr has a mysterious injury and probably won’t play tonight.

The Magic are probably being the most shameless team about tanking for Wemby right now. If it works out and we get the dude, great. But it’s kind of frustrating to actually be excited about the team for the first time in a long time and it’s just right back to watching Franz Wagner playing with the Lakeland Magic against NBA teams.
These Are The Days

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:09 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:32 pm The Magic seriously need to do something about the health of their team. Thank God for Bol Bol. He might actually be able to salvage the situation with Jonathan Isaac to the effect that we're closer than not to him playing 2 games in 3 years. I know he had a setback but at this point I'm convinced the process is deliberate.
The front office is deliberately holding players out as long as they can get away with. Isaac has already told the media he could go out and play now but isn’t allowed to. Fultz has his boot off and is practicing but is supposedly a month away from being allowed to play. Banchero has a minor injury and is being held out for his 4th consecutive game with it. Now Carter Jr has a mysterious injury and probably won’t play tonight.

The Magic are probably being the most shameless team about tanking for Wemby right now. If it works out and we get the dude, great. But it’s kind of frustrating to actually be excited about the team for the first time in a long time and it’s just right back to watching Franz Wagner playing with the Lakeland Magic against NBA teams.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/injured-res ... tive-team/

82 games already brother. I'm ashamed I ever complained about the Tampa Bay Lightning being so damn secretive about their guys getting hurt. I mean..... of course if the Magic land Wemby I'll jump through the damn roof. But as for *RIGHT NOW* there's just so much freaking dead weight this team needs to cut. I ask "who is going to win this team a ring" and the answer I come up with is a starting lineup with Franz and Banchero. I'm confident of it. Harris, Suggs and Cole come off the bench. Maybe Ross too. That's as far as I am. All these years and that's my conclusion. What to do with Bol Bol and Carter Jr should be an obvious answer but I legitimately don't know if the Magic are actually serious enough to think "They would be fantastic complements to players of the same caliber as them." Because these days when you look at how they dress guys like Schofield for 1 minute a night, it feels like they're running a charity case. I'm not trying to diss him and guys like Chuma, RJ and Bamba but they're not ingredients to a championship team. I don't even remember what it means to have Isaac and Fultz on the court anymore.

I'm just glad I kept my expectations as low as possible. I am rarely disappointed with what happens
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I think the Magic need to trade one of the guards tbh. Fultz, Suggs and Anthony all are better with the ball in their hands and we need some spot up shooters and better bigs off the bench. Bamba has never been that dude despite the crazy length and athleticism. Also, despite being 7’2, Bol is absolutely not a center. He’s too thin and his game translates better on the wing. We need a backup big that can play disciplined defense and rebound for like 15-20 minutes a night. Not skinny longbois hoisting up threes.

When our roster has more balance and players compliment each other is when we will win again. I’m concerned our FO is too convinced on building through the draft with their guys to make the right moves.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Magic have been on fire since Markelle Fultz came back. I seriously could not be more excited for the future of this team.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:53 pm Magic have been on fire since Markelle Fultz came back. I seriously could not be more excited for the future of this team.
For sure…

But they need to lose a lot of games. See this ish through.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I think the tanking talks may be over for the Magic, if they play like this they have a legit chance at going for a playoff spot.
These Are The Days

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:52 pm I think the tanking talks may be over for the Magic, if they play like this they have a legit chance at going for a playoff spot.
I wish I could say I'm surprised they rattled off a 6 game win streak as soon as they got even remotely healthy. There's too much talent for them to be this bad. That is why everything was so frustrating. The next process for them is STAYING healthy and then becoming an attractive enough destination for other big names. Not hating on guys like Chuma, Schofield, Hampton, Bamba and Kevon but we ain't winning anything with them coming off the bench. Thank God it's FINALLY starting to get better

Unpopular opinion: Franz is the best pick this team has made since probably Jameer Nelson. It is so hard to find players of his caliber at 8th overall. He is going to KILL people when he's like 25
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:52 pm I think the tanking talks may be over for the Magic, if they play like this they have a legit chance at going for a playoff spot.
Didn't know there was tanking in the NBA. It's useless to tank because the lottery means you're not guaranteed the top pick.

The NFL should do the same for the top three picks as well.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion