Madden 22

itsabucslife.com is not responsible for ensuring validity of any transaction.
Noles1724

Madden 22

Post by Noles1724 »

Still blows
Primeminister

Re: Madden 22

Post by Primeminister »

I’m requesting a refund. I knew I should not have bought it.
Last edited by Primeminister on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

are you guys having still having trouble with wins being registered as shutout losses when you go back from the game screen to the franchise menu?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:56 pm are you guys having still having trouble with wins being registered as shutout losses when you go back from the game screen to the franchise menu?
I havent messed with Franchise yet, and I'm on PC; but I plan on starting a Franchise this weekend and will be on the lookout.

MUT is still fun, and I like the new FoTF a lot more than last season's version in the limited time spent in that mode.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Rocker wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:46 pm
SaggyBallZ wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:56 pm are you guys having still having trouble with wins being registered as shutout losses when you go back from the game screen to the franchise menu?
I havent messed with Franchise yet, and I'm on PC; but I plan on starting a Franchise this weekend and will be on the lookout.

MUT is still fun, and I like the new FoTF a lot more than last season's version in the limited time spent in that mode.
I couldn’t get past the beginning of FotF. The lazy lack of audio in the cutscenes kills it for me. They’re moving their mouths, but I have to just read the subtitles because nothing is being said.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

So I've admittedly taken a few years off, but in my franchise... I have Brady scrambling for first downs at times. Completely unrealistic.

The game isn't THAT bad. It's just some things are flawed. The essentially not being able to play Cover 2 because the safety deep zone is always short of where it needs to be.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Meh, I bought it just because it’s Tom Brady…

Haven’t open it yet…
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

the game is bad.. players not showing up on the field, fumbles being kicked 50 yards by players trying to recover.. the vid below is a pretty common issue (penalties called that make zero sense).. if this is a "isn't that bad" example then you probably need to up your level of expectations for a company that has sole ownership on Sim Football.

Edit: just noticed the down and distance after the penalty.. 4th and -1.. not that bad
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:10 am the game is bad.. players not showing up on the field, fumbles being kicked 50 yards by players trying to recover.. the vid below is a pretty common issue (penalties called that make zero sense).. if this is a "isn't that bad" example then you probably need to up your level of expectations for a company that has sole ownership on Sim Football.

Edit: just noticed the down and distance after the penalty.. 4th and -1.. not that bad
I haven’t seen any issues at all on PC.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:10 am the game is bad.. players not showing up on the field, fumbles being kicked 50 yards by players trying to recover.. the vid below is a pretty common issue (penalties called that make zero sense).. if this is a "isn't that bad" example then you probably need to up your level of expectations for a company that has sole ownership on Sim Football.

My expectations are low for madden admittedly.

The things that frustrate me are:

1) injuries. You have technology that is insane. Show it off. Show me a replay of what caused the injury. Not just a player kneeling and you having literally no clue. It’s poorly done.

2) Announcing. Charles Davis could burn to death, after saving a room full of children and puppies… and I’d still be like “well his voice was rather annoying”. Do better, EA.

3) Rating system. Football isn’t a game that you can subjectively put metrics of 0-100 at certain positions and get a simulation accurately. 2K’s basketball system should be used. A-F, differing styles being implemented.

4) kicking. We’ve had the same shitty kicking meter of just button timing for years. I suck at timing. I miss Extra Points on a regular basis. Why can’t there be a better system.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

those things that you mention are warranted but not nearly at the top of the list that needs to be addressed. the rating system doesn't even really matter.. if it's a 0-100 or A-F, the gameplay logic doesn't really take it into account. Momentum isn't respected as tackling animations override everything, players throwing the ball 60 yds off backfoot, players morphing into each other, zones broken, and in some cases one of the teams simply don't show up on the field..

the game is so broken, it's beyond repair in my belief.

EA would be best to shelf this game for a year or two, do a complete rebuild and start from scratch.

They're using old builds and trying to make it look new/different over the years. I've seen some video's where scenes from 21 are showing up in 22.

it's just pathetic.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:54 am those things that you mention are warranted but not nearly at the top of the list that needs to be addressed. the rating system doesn't even really matter.. if it's a 0-100 or A-F, the gameplay logic doesn't really take it into account. Momentum isn't respected as tackling animations override everything, players throwing the ball 60 yds off backfoot, players morphing into each other, zones broken, and in some cases one of the teams simply don't show up on the field..

the game is so broken, it's beyond repair in my belief.

EA would be best to shelf this game for a year or two, do a complete rebuild and start from scratch.

They're using old builds and trying to make it look new/different over the years. I've seen some video's where scenes from 21 are showing up in 22.

it's just pathetic.
If you had something that sold like Madden does, you’d rehash animations too…

I don’t take much in that stuff…

I’m more into things that make the game a little more realistic. The A-F system takes away subtle nuances in the way guys get overrated. Plus development in Franchise would be better.

I’m still waiting for a game where I can choose to go skip practice to do blow with a hooker. Too real?
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

"If you had something that sold like Madden does, you’d rehash animations too…"

yeah well laziness isn't really something I'd like to support with a yearly roster update purchase.

you want realistic off the field features.. me personally, I'd much rather have a realistic playing (on field) game. Truth of the matter is.. with how much time EA has had, this game should be damn near polished in every facet.. but instead it's a buggy game that doesn't take physics into account accurately and relies on animations(broken).
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

The preview they showed last night...the graphics and animation look like they were from 2012. What god awful marketing team approved that video for the commercial?!?!?!?
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:20 am The preview they showed last night...the graphics and animation look like they were from 2012. What god awful marketing team approved that video for the commercial?!?!?!?
don't recall the commercial you speak of but EA did reuse promo's from 21 and made them 22 friendly. Just a lazy ass team.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Sooooo…

My franchise that auto saves is no longer there(i didnt delete any god damn files either).

Fucking A. I was in the playoffs. Just whopped the Seahawks like 56-21(blitzed heavy).
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Really no reason why Madden should be this advance, game logic wise..

the blocking downfield is just so far ahead of Madden
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I’ve read that Madden is still running on a an older back end system they refuse to leave. It sounded like until they leave that system it’s impossible to improve the logic.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This video discusses the Frostbite engine & why it makes improvements to player movement and logic impossible. EA made the decision to force all games into this engine although it’s not built for a sports game.

Excerpt from a long article:
Complicating these problems further was the fact that sometimes when the Anthem leadership team did make a decision, it could take weeks or even months for them to see it in action. “There were a lot of plans,” said a developer, “where by the time they were implemented it was a year later and the game had evolved.” The explanation for this lag can be summed up in one word, a word that has plagued many of EA’s studios for years now, most notably BioWare and the now-defunct Visceral Games, a word that can still evoke a mocking smile or sad grimace from anyone who’s spent any time with it.

That word, of course, is Frostbite.

“Frostbite is full of razor blades,” one former BioWare employee told me a few weeks ago, aptly summing up the feelings of perhaps hundreds of game developers who have worked at Electronic Arts over the past few years.

Frostbite is a video game engine, or a suite of technology that is used to make a game. Created by the EA-owned Swedish studio DICE in order to make Battlefield shooters, the Frostbite engine became ubiquitous across Electronic Arts this past decade thanks to an initiative led by former executive Patrick Söderlund to get all of its studios on the same technology. (By using Frostbite rather than a third-party engine like Unreal, those studios could share knowledge and save a whole lot of money in licensing fees.) BioWare first shifted to Frostbite for Dragon Age: Inquisition in 2011, which caused massive problems for that team. Many of the features those developers had taken for granted in previous engines, like a save-load system and a third-person camera, simply did not exist in Frostbite, which meant that the Inquisition team had to build them all from scratch. Mass Effect: Andromeda ran into similar issues. Surely the third time would be the charm?
——————

Even today, BioWare developers say Frostbite can make their jobs exponentially more difficult. Building new iterations on levels and mechanics can be challenging due to sluggish tools, while bugs that should take a few minutes to squash might require days of back-and-forth conversations. “If it takes you a week to make a little bug fix, it discourages people from fixing bugs,” said one person who worked on Anthem. “If you can hack around it, you hack around it, as opposed to fixing it properly.” Said a second: “I would say the biggest problem I had with Frostbite was how many steps you needed to do something basic. With another engine I could do something myself, maybe with a designer. Here it’s a complicated thing.”

“It’s hard enough to make a game,” said a third BioWare developer. “It’s really hard to make a game where you have to fight your own tool set all the time.”
The full article:
https://kotaku.com/how-biowares-anthem- ... 1833731964
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Well it probably would have been advantageous to not allocate a team/resources for MUT. Limitations (self inflicted) or not, they sell "fixes" and deliver gimmicky garbage.

Just say you've maxed out and every change results in shit breaking elsewhere. Don't release a roster update each year for $65. Take a few years and fix something.. anything..fuck morph tackles have been an issue for 15 year!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Noles1724 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:12 pm Well it probably would have been advantageous to not allocate a team/resources for MUT. Limitations (self inflicted) or not, they sell "fixes" and deliver gimmicky garbage.

Just say you've maxed out and every change results in shit breaking elsewhere. Don't release a roster update each year for $65. Take a few years and fix something.. anything..fuck morph tackles have been an issue for 15 year!
I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. EA intentionally made this change with full knowledge that it would make Madden into a roster update with glitches for days. They aren’t trying to fix it at all because it’s still profitable enough as long as they keep the NFL license
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Anyone who is a fan of Bioware games knows what a fucking disaster Frostbite is. They literally needed DICE to come in and help them with the engine when they were making Inquisition.

EA just loves Frostbite because it's free. Half of the games they release would be better on Unreal or even fucking Unity.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:10 am
Noles1724 wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:12 pm Well it probably would have been advantageous to not allocate a team/resources for MUT. Limitations (self inflicted) or not, they sell "fixes" and deliver gimmicky garbage.

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying. EA intentionally made this change with full knowledge that it would make Madden into a roster update with glitches for days. They aren’t trying to fix it at all because it’s still profitable enough as long as they keep the NFL license

Same with FIFA.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Is Madden 22 even worth it? I finally bought a Series X (well... on ebay anyway) and it'll be here in a few days. Like my last Madden was 2005 on Gamecube... it's been a damn minute boys
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:10 pm Is Madden 22 even worth it? I finally bought a Series X (well... on ebay anyway) and it'll be here in a few days. Like my last Madden was 2005 on Gamecube... it's been a damn minute boys
Nope.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Lol from this thread it sounds like the console and PC versions may as well have been two different games. There are some bugs (mostly menu stuttering and freezing) but honestly it's one of the better Madden games I've played in years, though that isn't really saying much.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Ultimate Team is fun if you can quickly build without putting money into it. I started late into the season and i had fun.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:01 pm Ultimate Team is fun if you can quickly build without putting money into it. I started late into the season and i had fun.
"fun" is subjective I guess.. but even so, it doesn't make up for the fact that the game is glitchy and broken. It's the furthest from 'simulation' football.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:57 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:01 pm Ultimate Team is fun if you can quickly build without putting money into it. I started late into the season and i had fun.
"fun" is subjective I guess.. but even so, it doesn't make up for the fact that the game is glitchy and broken. It's the furthest from 'simulation' football.
I’m sure it could be better when it comes to simulation. But that’s all expectations of fans and not coming from the people designing the games. I’ve got no idea how accurate it would be if offensive and defensive coordinators swapped out the controller calling their game playing. I’m one who likes to give the people designing the game a break, especially ones who are forced to put out a product every single year. I’m sure the “best” maddens had people working on them that wanted to make it special. We’ve had damn near 30 versions of the game now.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:31 am
Noles1724 wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 1:57 pm

I’m sure it could be better when it comes to simulation. But that’s all expectations of fans and not coming from the people designing the games. I’ve got no idea how accurate it would be if offensive and defensive coordinators swapped out the controller calling their game playing. I’m one who likes to give the people designing the game a break, especially ones who are forced to put out a product every single year. I’m sure the “best” maddens had people working on them that wanted to make it special. We’ve had damn near 30 versions of the game now.
sorry but you're part of the reason why Madden has not progressed. Madden is in a good spot due to the bar they set being so low. They don't need to do anything 'special' to make it 'the best madden ever' other than simply fix the issues that have been in the game for 10+ years.

This idea that they have to come out with a new game every year is dated. Look at Fortnite, Rocket League, APEX, and other titles.. They aren't releasing a 'new' game every year (or at all). They do updates to the current game(s) and don't make the players buy a new version every time they implement a new feature/game mode. Madden on the other hand, promises new features that are more gimmick than anything else.. or they praise a 'new' feature that was once in the game a couple of years ago and they actual market their advertisement around this.

Don't let the developers off the hook by saying "better simulation.. expectations of fans". This is exactly what EA tries to sell.. "EA Sports.. If It's In The Game, It's In The Game".

Maybe it's too much to ask to have the ability to throw a real fade pass, or animations to not be the end all be all as to the outcome of a play.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:40 pm

sorry but you're part of the reason why Madden has not progressed. Madden is in a good spot due to the bar they set being so low. They don't need to do anything 'special' to make it 'the best madden ever' other than simply fix the issues that have been in the game for 10+ years.

This idea that they have to come out with a new game every year is dated. Look at Fortnite, Rocket League, APEX, and other titles.. They aren't releasing a 'new' game every year (or at all). They do updates to the current game(s) and don't make the players buy a new version every time they implement a new feature/game mode. Madden on the other hand, promises new features that are more gimmick than anything else.. or they praise a 'new' feature that was once in the game a couple of years ago and they actual market their advertisement around this.

Don't let the developers off the hook by saying "better simulation.. expectations of fans". This is exactly what EA tries to sell.. "EA Sports.. If It's In The Game, It's In The Game".

Maybe it's too much to ask to have the ability to throw a real fade pass, or animations to not be the end all be all as to the outcome of a play.
Fucking nailed it.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

I don’t hold old companies accountable to keep up with modern companies when their old ways aren’t breaking their pocket.

They’ve adapted with DLC, MUT stuff. They put their game on EA Play for free if you have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate after a certain point(I believe it’s up now, I bought it like a moron). Madden is flawed, but; “it ain’t broke; don’t fix it” seems to be their philosophy. Maybe I’m what’s wrong with the community; but there are far dumber than me having an argument for it to be kept the same. I’m not arguing that. I want it to get better. I just think the game is definitely better than it gets credit for. It’s not a 5 star game, but it is pretty fun. I’ve played madden or football games for 20+ years… I enjoy playing the new madden. I didn’t often enjoy playing. The animations aren’t as bad this time around. The major flaws just feel like game flow. And they’re trying to fix that with momentum. It’s hard to replicate the 4th quarter drama of an NFL close game.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

BJJ34 wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:26 am

I don’t hold old companies accountable to keep up with modern companies when their old ways aren’t breaking their pocket.

They’ve adapted with DLC, MUT stuff. They put their game on EA Play for free if you have Xbox Gamepass Ultimate after a certain point(I believe it’s up now, I bought it like a moron). Madden is flawed, but; “it ain’t broke; don’t fix it” seems to be their philosophy. Maybe I’m what’s wrong with the community; but there are far dumber than me having an argument for it to be kept the same. I’m not arguing that. I want it to get better. I just think the game is definitely better than it gets credit for. It’s not a 5 star game, but it is pretty fun. I’ve played madden or football games for 20+ years… I enjoy playing the new madden. I didn’t often enjoy playing. The animations aren’t as bad this time around. The major flaws just feel like game flow. And they’re trying to fix that with momentum. It’s hard to replicate the 4th quarter drama of an NFL close game.
If that was their philosophy "ain't broke/don't fix", this is not considered broke? If this feels like game flow, then you and I have a much different opinion of what football is.

70yd pass, happens all the time

for comparison.. a game released 17 years ago 'flows' so much better.. to say a company with EA's dollar can't do better is exactly what they want to hear.

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

For those interested:

Locations of Madden 22 Hidden Eggs and How to Get Them

1. The first egg is going to be found in the regular solos of this challenge, the second one Sticky Floor is where the first hidden egg can be found.

2. The second hidden egg is going to be in the Legends Challenges, go to the Legends Release 23, this solos will only be here if you beat the corresponding Egg Hunt solos. All you have to do is just simply beat this solo challenge.

3. The third hidden egg would be more difficult. It says you are on your own for finding this egg. You have to put Chase Young in your lineup and then you have to get 10 sacks with anybody on your team, to achieve this goal, all you want to do is go into an easy solo in any series you like.

4. For the fourth egg, it’s going to be found in the Item Sets. You can go to Gridiron Guardians 2 and look through all of the sets, you’ll find there is a Hidden Egg set, this will not be unlocked until you finish the fourth solo out of those five Egg Hunt solos. You need to put that Voucher that you got from the Sugar Rush Welcome Pack, once you do that, you can get the fourth egg.

5. The fifth and final hidden egg is associated with Backyard, so you need to back over the Challenges, it’s going to be found in the Backyard Ballers solos. Go into Borough Blitz, and select the 7th Street sequence, and then at the top, there will be the fifth egg.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I guess as a season ticket holder I get a free DL of Madden 23 for PlayStation. Not sure when I get the details, but any takers?