*OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Rocker

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread*

Post by Rocker »

Nick Paul signed to a 7 year, 3.15 aav deal.

This is good.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I hope Ondřej Palát stay for discount. I’ll be surprise if he does.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Rocker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:52 am Nick Paul signed to a 7 year, 3.15 aav deal.

This is good.

Kress's realistic off-season goal #1 - Check.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Kress wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:16 pm
Rocker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:52 am Nick Paul signed to a 7 year, 3.15 aav deal.

This is good.

Your thoughts on McDonagh looming trade?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Rocker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:25 pm
Kress wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:16 pm

That's up to him - he has a no-trade - but his cap hit is just too big. I love the guy, but I would trade him for a chance to keep Palat 10.5 times out of 10.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Kress wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:32 pm
Rocker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:25 pm

That's up to him - he has a no-trade - but his cap hit is just too big. I love the guy, but I would trade him for a chance to keep Palat 10.5 times out of 10.
Could be wrong, but I believe his NTC is worded to be team specific, and it’s just a matter of time. He will be missed, but I agree Palat is more important to the team now.

If we can keep Palat and Rutta to go along with Paul, deal Perry and bring up ABB (for good???) I’d be okay with the off-season.

Killorn is the odd man out now. He was a rider during the push. Wouldn’t mind dealing tbh.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Rocker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:00 pm
If we can keep Palat and Rutta to go along with Paul, deal Perry and bring up ABB (for good???) I’d be okay with the off-season.
I approve this plan.

I mean, that plus Vasy and our core, and we're back in the playoffs. Every. Damn. Time.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

As reported by Elliott Friedman and Tampa reporter Joe Smith of the Athletic, the Tampa Bay Lightning have approached Ryan McDonagh about places he’d be open for a trade. The Veteran D-man has a full no-trade clause and four years left on his current deal.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:56 am
As reported by Elliott Friedman and Tampa reporter Joe Smith of the Athletic, the Tampa Bay Lightning have approached Ryan McDonagh about places he’d be open for a trade. The Veteran D-man has a full no-trade clause and four years left on his current deal.
He was moved to the Predators.

Even with that move we are about a million over without signing Plat or Rutta. This coming season is the end of the line for Tampa's window, and it will be a dog fight. They will be behind the New York Rangers and Carolina. Depending on some off season moves, they could also be behind Toronto.

Florida bet the farm this season and lost, they have some tough decisions to make. If they can move Bobrosky's stupid contract they can sign some fillers and perhaps one high profile FA.

2023-2024 is going to be ugly for Tampa
2024-2025 is Rebuild year.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:09 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:56 am
He was moved to the Predators.

Even with that move we are about a million over without signing Plat or Rutta. This coming season is the end of the line for Tampa's window, and it will be a dog fight. They will be behind the New York Rangers and Carolina. Depending on some off season moves, they could also be behind Toronto.

Florida bet the farm this season and lost, they have some tough decisions to make. If they can move Bobrosky's stupid contract they can sign some fillers and perhaps one high profile FA.

2023-2024 is going to be ugly for Tampa
2024-2025 is Rebuild year.
Agreed, pretty much this
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

People that don’t hockey shouldn’t post in the hockey.

Window isn’t closing/closed in the next two years.

JFC kids.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

McDonagh was always going to be a cap casualty. Killorn as well.

Foote will move up, Nash/ABB will either platoon or make the jump. Hell, maybe Raddysh impresses enough to make serious time.

Everything is in play to keep Palat and Rutta here for at least two/three years. Those are the key pieces to surround The Core for at least one more serious push at the Cup. Not to mention Nick “big dick does it all” Paul centering the third line for the next forever.

We are still the juggernaut, the blueprint, insert whatever the fuck ya like, crème de la crème of the NHL.

Holy bad takes, Batman.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Nash is a UFA ya doofus. Foot is a RFA next season.

10 players over 30...

We only have 10 players signed for 2023-2024, only have 3 draft picks in the first three rounds till 2025. Colton, Cirelli, Killorn, PB,Perry, Sergichev, Cernak, Myers, Foot all free agents in 2023-2024.

We are only going to get more unskilled from here on out, can't draft and can't trade for skill. This is not rocket science... this happens to every team with sustained sucess. We are going to be the new Boston, Pens and Blackhawks.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm Nash is a UFA ya doofus. Foot is a RFA next season.

10 players over 30...

We only have 10 players signed for 2023-2024, only have 3 draft picks in the first three rounds till 2025. Colton, Cirelli, Killorn, PB,Perry, Sergichev, Cernak, Myers, Foot all free agents in 2023-2024.

We are only going to get more unskilled from here on out, can't draft and can't trade for skill. This is not rocket science... this happens to every team with sustained sucess. We are going to be the new Boston, Pens and Blackhawks.

Killer will be gone this off season. Accounting for PB is a joke, same for Perry. Myers??? LOL.

You're not very good at this.

Vasy. Hedman. Stamkos. Point. Sergachev. Kucherov. Cirelli. Palat. Paul. Cernak.

That's a squad I'd put up against anything the league can throw at em, and I'm betting dealer busts every hand.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Rocker wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:42 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:51 pm Nash is a UFA ya doofus. Foot is a RFA next season.

10 players over 30...

Killer will be gone this off season. Accounting for PB is a joke, same for Perry. Myers??? LOL.

You're not very good at this.

Vasy. Hedman. Stamkos. Point. Sergachev. Kucherov. Cirelli. Palat. Paul. Cernak.

That's a squad I'd put up against anything the league can throw at em, and I'm betting dealer busts every hand.
Got to have 23 on a roster... PB, Perry, Colton are playing on MIN contracts.

Sergachev. Cirelli. Cernak. Thos guys are FA's in 2023-2024...

Stamkos is a FA in 2024-2025...

My takes hit 9 out of 10 in 2021-2022 ... (Collapse of the islanders was a shock)

Been playing since ATOMS...

What have you done?
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Sergachev has swapped agents, same one as Vasy and Kutch. He is looking for a pay day, rumor is he is looking for 6.5-7.5 Millon a year. If Tampa does not jump he will look at forcing arbitration next season.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

GM Julien BriseBois said that by Monday afternoon, it became clear a deal with Ondrej Palat wasn’t going to get done. "He’s going to go down as an all-time great Lightning player who was part of a lot of our winning."
Digital is right.. He'll get well deserved pay raise by other team
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Phantom wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:59 pm
GM Julien BriseBois said that by Monday afternoon, it became clear a deal with Ondrej Palat wasn’t going to get done. "He’s going to go down as an all-time great Lightning player who was part of a lot of our winning."
Digital is right.. He'll get well deserved pay raise by other team
Ya... Tampa blinked with Sergachev, that contract is nutz. That has hamstrung the team for awhile.

Playing serious games with the cap, wonder if they move Cirelli to LTIR. Kilorn is a good as gone. They need 3 more scrubs to get to 23.

They are clearly targeting 2024-2025 as their rebuild.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Damn it!!! Thanks for all great memories! I’ll be seeing you at Amalie Palat
The New Jersey Devils have agreed to a five-year deal with former Tampa Bay Lightning winger Ondrej Palat, a source told ESPN.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

From Tampa to NJ....is there any worse domestic trade off?
Kress

Post by Kress »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:40 am From Tampa to NJ....is there any worse domestic trade off?
Detroit wants a word with you, good sir.
Alpha

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread* - No Alpha because he is a bitch

Post by Alpha »

Swashbuckler wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:03 am

He knows way more than your dumbass
Dollars to donuts I know more than everyone here combined about hockey...
I let you have your fun for an entire year, jagoff.

Your Uncle Alpha is back. Attitude and all.

Oh...and if you have to tell everyone you're the smartest guy in the room...you ain't.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

And now that the voice of reason has returned, there's one thing you people who are in histrionics about the cap situation...need to keep in mind and if it's been mentioned before, then digital_dumbass has already forgotten.

The cap will start significantly increasing again, baring any unforeseen pandemics, work stoppages, etc.

2023/2024 ALONE, the cap is expected to increase by 10 mil. (according to NHL Network). I don't think it increases a TON next year but the flat cap era is over, for the most part.

By extending Sergy, Cirelli and Cernak now, JBB has given the Blots cost certainty for the foreseeable future. The Bolts have proven to be cap wizards and I don't suddenly think they just lost their minds by doing this. They've assuredly earned the benefit of the doubt.
Alpha

Re: *OFFICIAL 2022 Tampa Bay Lightning Thread* - No Alpha because he is a bitch

Post by Alpha »

PeterGuptill wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:06 am Not going to lie...it could go downhill, really quick if Raddyish and Katchouk don't figure it out. Really quick.
What are you...f-ing deaf? I've said it 100 times. I ain't retiring from shit.

That sure aged well.

With hot takes like that, I'd rather you lie.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Funny.

Now that daddy's home, the little bitches all run and hide.

That ain't gonna save you from your beatings. Step up and take 'em like men. Or your approximations of men.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Alpha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:04 pm Funny.

That ain't gonna save you from your beatings. Step up and take 'em like men. Or your approximations of men.
So, where have you been? Rehab?

Kidding!
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Alpha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:01 am And now that the voice of reason has returned, there's one thing you people who are in histrionics about the cap situation...need to keep in mind and if it's been mentioned before, then digital_dumbass has already forgotten.

The cap will start significantly increasing again, baring any unforeseen pandemics, work stoppages, etc.

2023/2024 ALONE, the cap is expected to increase by 10 mil. (according to NHL Network). I don't think it increases a TON next year but the flat cap era is over, for the most part.

By extending Sergy, Cirelli and Cernak now, JBB has given the Blots cost certainty for the foreseeable future. The Bolts have proven to be cap wizards and I don't suddenly think they just lost their minds by doing this. They've assuredly earned the benefit of the doubt.
Thoughts on Namestikov and Carrick signings?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Rocker wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:56 am
Alpha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:01 am And now that the voice of reason has returned, there's one thing you people who are in histrionics about the cap situation...need to keep in mind and if it's been mentioned before, then digital_dumbass has already forgotten.

Thoughts on Namestikov and Carrick signings?
Carrick is an AHL pick up. He won't even sniff the Lightning roster. And if he does, multiple things have gone really wrong with our defense. Like, EVERYONE is injured.

Namestikov is a 1 year deal. I'll never hate on a 1 year deal. He can play wing on ANY line and is familiar with the system. I was shocked to see he's only 29. Seems like he's been around forever. He had about 30 points in 75 games last year. Not far off from Palat's regular season production. He's not as good but it mitigates the loss.

The Lightning are doing a really good job of treading water while the cap is flat. We also have the Seabrook LTIR savings for another year after this. We'll be in contention again and until someone in the east actually beats us in the playoffs, I think we're still the odds-on favorite to play for the Cup again.

I like what Carolina has done. I think they, the Rangers and Panthers are right there as well.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The championship window is over.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

@Alpha Im not so sure on the Panthers. I don’t like that Tkachuk trade at all.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I haven't said much but I'll speak my peace briefly

Vladdy coming back is probably to placate Kucherov. He loves his Ruskie bros. He's not gonna replace Palat's production. The biggest development is that we get to call our cat (yes, the the annoying AF Tinkerbell from Ocarina of Time) Navislav Namestnikoo again for 1 more year. ---just to give you an idea of how much nothingburger it is

The brass are hoping Hagel is the one who steps up to replace Palat. Whether or not he does is completely up to him but he's the guy we need to be hoping for.

McDonagh took a friggin swan dive. Like that was bad dude. I'm pissed we moved him but if he is bad in Nashville we're gonna look like geniuses.

Sergachev needs to grow up in a hurry. He was maybe our best defenseman in the SCF but he's also the dude who shoots a puck into Cirelli's back. For fuck's sake son.... the team counts on you probably more than anyone else

Vasilevskiy is still the best goaltender in the world. Like it's not particularly close right now

-We are still over the cap. LTIR is only a short-term solution for Bogosian and Cirelli. I think there's still another move to be made. The absolute worst case scenario for this year is that we don't win the Cup and we had to get our cap space in order for at least 2-3 more deep runs with this core.

-We are far, FAR from dead right now. We just need a few dudes who can pitch in while the best core in the world (sans Palat) does what it does best. You guys saw that injury list right? Like half the team was playing on separated shoulders, sprained ACL/MCL's and Brayden Point with the 'ol HHH/Kevin Nash blown quad special

We're gonna have to reserve judgment til the playoffs. This year will have ups and downs but I am far, FAR from worried. Like the 2019 sweep had way more cause for us to worry than this
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:11 am
Alpha wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:04 pm Funny.

So, where have you been? Rehab?
Rehabs for quitters.

Just wanted a break. Enjoy the football/hockey season without the non-sense.

Breaks over.
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Snake wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:36 am The championship window is over.
Please explain. It's easy to throw out gibberish without anything to back it up.

WHY do you think this? There are actual reasons why you could argue it (even though I disagree). The question is...do you have ANY idea what they are or is that your "hot take" simply because we didn't win the Cup this past year?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Rocker wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:00 am @Alpha Im not so sure on the Panthers. I don’t like that Tkachuk trade at all.
I said, at the beginning of LAST year, the Panther's were gonna be a very good team...and got shit on for that take, btw. They won the President's Cup. That might not mean much but it does mean they were the best regular season team. Their depth is amazing because they hadn't had to pay a lot of their players yet...much like Colorado. One of those players was Huberdeau. Another was Weegar but they were very, very good. Like a LOT of teams, they'll ride or die on their goaltending.. They're playing the same cap-game the Lightning are. If you can understand WHY the Lightning traded McD (and Palat and Gourde last year) AND extended, Cirelli, Sergy and Cernak...then the Panther's trade makes much more sense. The difference between the Lightning and teams like Pittsburgh and Boston is that those teams are aging out WITHOUT drafting well enough to replace those aging players. The Bolts are preparing for life AFTER Stamkos and Hedman with younger players AND locking them up LONG TERM. Again...cost certainty.

I actually do understand why the Panthers made that trade...and it's tough for non-fans of the Panthers to see it because we look at it in a vacuum. We see the result but not the reasoning behind it. Like the Lightning, they're up against the cap. There was NO WAY, they were re-signing Huberdeau. Why not get something for him? Weegar, IMO, was the bigger loss. They (pretty much) broke even on Tkachuk/Huberdeau. They had to throw in Weegar to make the signing of Tkachuk possible (and to get Calgary to accept). Tkachuk is also much younger. So there's that but their defense is already suspect and Weegar is a top 6 defenseman. That loss hurts bad.

I like the trade for Calgary as well...IF they re-sign both players. Weegar was a huge get for them in this. This isn't a zero sum game. Both teams can be winners here. Calgary got a great haul considering they had NO leverage. Tkachuk told them he wasn't re-singing. Tough spot but they got top 6 D-man and a potential Hart winner (if McDavid dies). FLA got cost certainty and a (arguably) top 10 scorer. Not bad.