Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Who do you WANT the Bucs to go all in on?

Aaron Rodgers
28%
Russell Wilson
11%
Deshaun Watson
8%
Derrick Carr
6%
Jared Goff
No votes
Jameis Winston
2%
Kyle Trask
32%
Draft a new guy
11%
Some other FA
No votes
Some other trade-for-player
2%

Total votes: 53

Doctor

Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

Post by Doctor »

Not who do you think we'll get, but who do you WANT the Bucs to make a full on push for...
Monero

Re: Who do you WANT to be the next QB?

Post by Monero »

Carr or draft a guy. Anyone but Trask honestly.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Logical decision: Draft
Meme decision: Winston
Snake

Post by Snake »

Of course I want someone like Russell Wilson or Rodgers. Doesn’t mean it happens.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

I'm ok with seeing what Trask can do.

Wilson is done, Rogers would cost too much and drafting a QB at #30 isn't really that much more promising that Trask... especially a QB in his draft.
Last edited by CannonFire on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Aaron obviously.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Rebuild while the whole Division sucks. Don't waste Cap money on a veteran.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

CannonFire wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:47 pm I'm ok with seeing what Trask can do.

Wilson is done, Rogers would cost too much and drafting a QB at #30 isn't really that much more promising that Trask... especially a QB in his draft.
Wait, Russell Wilson is done?

That's the worst take I've read all day and there have been some really bad ones.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I think this ends up being Trask for one year. Then if he blows like many expect a replacement will be drafted. I have wanted to see the Buccaneers draft a franchise QB since I have been a Buccaneers fan. The closest they got was Steve Young but they traded him away.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

If it ends up being Winston, I'm out. I'm not gonna put up with consistently bad decision-making. I don't enjoy getting pissed off.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

The Outsider wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:50 pm
CannonFire wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:47 pm I'm ok with seeing what Trask can do.

Wait, Russell Wilson is done?

That's the worst take I've read all day and there have been some really bad ones.
He can't carry a team like he used to, and he's getting paid like one who can. There's a 0% chance he ever wins a playoff game unless this defense is full of stud rookie contract guys.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I would probably trade at least two first round picks to have Rodgers for 4 years. It’s instant contention if we can keep good pieces around him. Versus sucking major ass or being a treadmill team.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:01 pm I would probably trade at least two first round picks to have Rodgers for 4 years. It’s instant contention if we can keep good pieces around him. Versus sucking major ass or being a treadmill team.
I doubt the Packers trade him within the Conference.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

1) I think Rodgers is a selfish ass.
2) Rodgers has been mulling retirement too. Do you really want another 1 to 2 year QB?
3) I am not sure the current 'family' in the locker room sticks around for Rodgers the way they would for Brady. Rodgers wins but not like Brady.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Make no mistake, the only reason it was a “family” is because they were winning.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm Make no mistake, the only reason it was a “family” is because they were winning.
When’s the last time a member of your family, in the middle of thanksgiving dinner, stood up, took off their shirt and stormed out of the house?
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Moozician wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:49 pm Rebuild while the whole Division sucks. Don't waste Cap money on a veteran.
This makes too much sense .. I can see the whole NFC South being a sh*tshow for a couple of years

Not sure Trask isn't worth the risk since he's in
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I think I could potentially be the next QB for the Buccaneers. Crazy, I know, but hear me out.

My name is Tom
I was born 10 years to the day after Tom Brady
I run a 5.3+ 40

Taking all of that in to consideration I'm basically Tom Brady, just 10 years younger.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

PetePierson wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:47 pm Bring back the Human Turnover Machine!

Fucking imbeciles.
Hold me?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

If Brady is confirmed to retire this year, we would have even less money to spend. I doubt we could outbid anyone for the services of Russ or Rodgers or Carr. Watson to me is damaged goods, Goff is a JAG, Winston makes me want to vomit. Any rookie would just be a rookie.

If only we took advantage of Brady's last year by redshirting a talented rookie behind him to take over the reins this season. Wait, what? That's exactly what we did? Well, thank God we did that!

While I have no access to practice to see what he's looking like on a day-to-day basis to make a firm judgment, assuming that he's the guy he was in college with some progression as a rookie, I would like to see Trask get a shot at the starting gig.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

I think everyone has an Antonio in their family that they avoid at Thanksgiving
acmillis wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
Snake wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:08 pm Make no mistake, the only reason it was a “family” is because they were winning.
When’s the last time a member of your family, in the middle of thanksgiving dinner, stood up, took off their shirt and stormed out of the house?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think if it's possible to make a move for a top QB like Rodgers you do. We've shown you can strike with a small window and the truth is Rodgers is on that elite tier of QB play.

With that said I think I've made myself clear on #TeamTrask. I think the succession plan has been clear for a while.

One thing I will say, and it's going to trigger the haters, but no one should be opposed to bringing back Winston is he's taking back up money. Miss me with any of that "contaminate the QB room with his suck" bs too.
Snake

Post by Snake »

acmillis wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:12 pm
Ask BJJ this question
CupidStunt

Post by CupidStunt »

Trask, because he's here, cheap, and might as well see what the Bucs have without making the upcoming cap hell even worse.
MJW

Post by MJW »

CupidStunt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:03 pm Trask, because he's here, cheap, and might as well see what the Bucs have without making the upcoming cap hell even worse.
Pretty much this, IF Brady is done.

Let the kid play. Use what little money we have to re-up our key guys getting their second contract. Draft well. Then figure out what you want to do at the QB position.

The worst thing we can do is overpay (by trading picks and/or handing out a huge contract) in a panic move for an iffy veteran because BA is 70 and we're convinced the window can stay open in 2022 without Brady.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

We are not going to be able to get him... but, anyone that does not say Rodgers is a fucking moron.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:18 pm We are not going to be able to get him... but, anyone that does not say Rodgers is a fucking moron.
I don't even really consider it an option, for a lot of reasons. Same conference. We don't have a world of draft capital. Brady's retirement eats up a chunk of our tenuous cap situation as it is. And more than any of that, the last thing Aaron Rodgers wants to do is spend his remaining time being compared DIRECTLY with Tom Brady. "Aaron, Tom won a Superbowl his first year, is that a reasonable expectation?" ETC.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

MJW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:20 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:18 pm We are not going to be able to get him... but, anyone that does not say Rodgers is a fucking moron.
I don't even really consider it an option, for a lot of reasons. Same conference. We don't have a world of draft capital. Brady's retirement eats up a chunk of our tenuous cap situation as it is. And more than any of that, the last thing Aaron Rodgers wants to do is spend his remaining time being compared DIRECTLY with Tom Brady. "Aaron, Tom won a Superbowl his first year, is that a reasonable expectation?" ETC.
Agree, but that is not the question being asked.

the dill weeds saying "let's see what we have in Trask" have obviously not been around the last 20 years.... When has that statement EVER worked out for us?
nybf

Post by nybf »

Tom Brady. The real one. Not the fake one further up this thread.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

If we’re going to list players that aren’t a realistic choice, give me Joe Burrow. Otherwise, see what we have with Trask and maybe find a vet for a backup.
Kress

Post by Kress »

What is the actual deal with Deshaun Watson?
Kona

Post by Kona »

At this point, see what you have in Trask. I have no idea how the cap ramifications will be given Brady’s retirement, but get our key guys back while we have a cheap QB option for the year. Load up the talent on the roster so there’s no excuse for Trask’s supporting cast. If he plays well, fantastic. If not, head into the 2023 draft and go get your QBOTF.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Tyler Huntley.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Personally, I’m partial to Tom Brady.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

Moozician wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:51 pm If it ends up being Winston, I'm out. I'm not gonna put up with consistently bad decision-making. I don't enjoy getting pissed off.
I'm already hating life after Brady - I see doom and gloom for another decade