Wentz Traded:

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Wentz Traded:

Post by Phantom »

To Washington Commanders

I called it.

Good luck Wentz,
Snake

Re: Wentz Traded:

Post by Snake »

What a fall from grace. Safe to say he’s hit rock bottom.

Wonder where the Colts go from here.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 pm What a fall from grace. Safe to say he’s hit rock bottom.

Kenny Pickett? Who knows

Edit: Colts doesn’t have 1st round pick haha

My best guess is Jimmy G from 49ers
Dread

Post by Dread »

Had Wentz just been able to lead his team to a win over the hapless Jaguars in the last game of the season the narrative would be very different with him.

He wasn't good last season, but he had efficient numbers (similar to Jamiss tbh). But a win in that Jags game and the Colts lock up a playoff perth and with how they run the ball and play defense they would've been tough. Even a WC loss would've been deemed a successful season for Wentz and assured he was back with the Colts in 2022.
Dread

Post by Dread »

So the Colts move up from 47th overall to 42nd overall in the round 2 this year + a 2022 3rd rounder + a 2023 2nd rounder (or 3rd depending on PT)

Commanders get Wentz and move back from 42 to 47 as well as give up their 3rd rounder and a day 2 pick in 2023.

Good trade for Washington, I guess. I mean Wentz probably aint the guy but their formula is to play through the defense. I think Wentz turns it over too much to play that style, but we'll see.

Snake

Post by Snake »

Looks like he still has some value then.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Phantom wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:09 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:05 pm What a fall from grace. Safe to say he’s hit rock bottom.

Kenny Pickett? Who knows

The Colts now have the leverage to move up to get who they need or acquire Jimmy G if they so choose. And the Niners who are picking late in each round and have no first rounder will jump at the chance to get some picks.
Last edited by Defense5599 on Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Lol Wentz traded for a song. Does anyone think he's a franchise QB anymore?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:45 pm
Phantom wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:09 pm

Kenny Pickett? Who knows

The Colts now have the leverage to move up to get who they need
What do they have that they can use to move up to the 1st round? Besides future 1st round picks, I don't see much.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

PetePierson wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:45 pm This opens the door for a Fitzmagic triumphant return.

DO IT DOM!
Let's get Heinecke up in this bitch.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

PetePierson wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:17 pm
The Outsider wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:12 pm
Let's get Heinecke up in this bitch.
You shut your whore mouth when talking about Fitz.
Fitz deserves to hang it up at this point. I don't want the man to die on the field.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

There was a time when Wentz looked like the next great QB. He really fell off after that injury.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Redrum wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:22 pm There was a time when Wentz looked like the next great QB. He really fell off after that injury.
He wasn't the first guy and he won't be the last guy that this happened to.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Reading the reports that the Colts were upset with Wentz' lack of leadership, his attitude and level of play, you could almost say Doug Pederson is vindicated. And he would be had he drawn a line in the sand and got 100% behind Hurts or another QB. He might still be the Eagles coach.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:28 pm Reading the reports that the Colts were upset with Wentz' lack of leadership, his attitude and level of play, you could almost say Doug Pederson is vindicated. And he would be had he drawn a line in the sand and got 100% behind Hurts or another QB. He might still be the Eagles coach.
This surprises me because Wentz was largely packaged and sold as a natural leader heading into his draft. But leading a pro locker room isn't like doing it in college. And Wentz sort of reminds me of Kirk Cameron, and not in a good way. I can see him grating on dudes.

Anyway, if he couldn't get it done playing for Frank Reich, under whom he was nearly league MVP a few years ago in Philly, he can't get it done. If the Commies are smart, they'll still be looking for a QB in the first two rounds.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:37 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:28 pm Reading the reports that the Colts were upset with Wentz' lack of leadership, his attitude and level of play, you could almost say Doug Pederson is vindicated. And he would be had he drawn a line in the sand and got 100% behind Hurts or another QB. He might still be the Eagles coach.
This surprises me because Wentz was largely packaged and sold as a natural leader heading into his draft. But leading a pro locker room isn't like doing it in college. And Wentz sort of reminds me of Kirk Cameron, and not in a good way. I can see him grating on dudes.

Anyway, if he couldn't get it done playing for Frank Reich, under whom he was nearly league MVP a few years ago in Philly, he can't get it done. If the Commies are smart, they'll still be looking for a QB in the first two rounds.
Looking at the package of picks involved as well as Wentz' contract, it's clear to me that Washington see him as a bridge and not a foundation. A $28mil bridge, but a bridge none the less.

Wentz clearly will not be there next season. His contract runs out of guarantees after this coming season. I think Washington drafts a QB this year to sit behind Wentz. If not, they probably aren't good enough to not have a top 15 draft pick and will draft a QB anyway.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

He would still be the Eagles coach had he left Hurts in the game against Washington at the end of the 2020 season. Ownership told him to leave Hurts in to try to win and he took Hurts out to tank the game so his team could get a higher draft pick.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:28 am
MJW wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:37 am

Looking at the package of picks involved as well as Wentz' contract, it's clear to me that Washington see him as a bridge and not a foundation. A $28mil bridge, but a bridge none the less.

Wentz clearly will not be there next season. His contract runs out of guarantees after this coming season. I think Washington drafts a QB this year to sit behind Wentz. If not, they probably aren't good enough to not have a top 15 draft pick and will draft a QB anyway.
Dan Campbell has said many times since becoming HC that he isn't tied to a specific scheme. That said, they could take a pick at 2 if they love a QB coming out. There are rumors that the Falcons will be getting the heir apparent for Ryan. Seattle has no starting QB. If Washington is picking their 3 favorite QB, would they? They pick 11 this year. How much worse will lower will they be picking with Wentz? 5 spots? 3? I think it will have to go down to how the picks fall.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:45 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:28 am

Dan Campbell has said many times since becoming HC that he isn't tied to a specific scheme. That said, they could take a pick at 2 if they love a QB coming out. There are rumors that the Falcons will be getting the heir apparent for Ryan. Seattle has no starting QB. If Washington is picking their 3 favorite QB, would they? They pick 11 this year. How much worse will lower will they be picking with Wentz? 5 spots? 3? I think it will have to go down to how the picks fall.
I don't doubt Campbell has an open mind, but if you take Willis, he's now defining everything you do on offense. You're drafting the other ten guys with him in mind, you're blowing up your playbook for the most part. You're committing 100% to what he does, the same way the Ravens have with Lamar Jackson. I think that's a hell of a commitment when you look at the Lions right now. They're on the upswing. They're a good offseason away from legit playoff contention, and perhaps two good offseasons away from being 2024's Bengals. I just don't know if you make that move here. It makes so much more sense to me to add an impact defender (Hutch, Thibs, Hamilton) and then look for a more traditional QB at 32 to grow behind Goff for a year.
Let's roll another joint
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Defense5599 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:31 am
He would still be the Eagles coach had he left Hurts in the game against Washington at the end of the 2020 season. Ownership told him to leave Hurts in to try to win and he took Hurts out to tank the game so his team could get a higher draft pick.
No he wouldn’t, and maybe believe that directive came from above him.

Regardless, that may have lost him the locker room, but his head got chopped more so bc Lurie and Roseman wanted to stick it out with Wentz (especially after giving him that contract). There were also reports they were trying to meddle with the staff and dictate who was hired based on what they thought was best for Wentz.

The Eagles chose Wentz over Pederson and then Wentz wanted out anyway... at least the Eagles got lucky there.

Thank god we weren’t stupid enough to trade for him.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:32 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:31 am

No he wouldn’t, and maybe believe that directive came from above him.

Regardless, that may have lost him the locker room, but his head got chopped more so bc Lurie and Roseman wanted to stick it out with Wentz (especially after giving him that contract). There were also reports they were trying to meddle with the staff and dictate who was hired based on what they thought was best for Wentz.

The Eagles chose Wentz over Pederson and then Wentz wanted out anyway... at least the Eagles got lucky there.

Thank god we weren’t stupid enough to trade for him.
We wouldn't have been able to afford it anyway.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:47 am
kaimaru wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:45 pm

I don't doubt Campbell has an open mind, but if you take Willis, he's now defining everything you do on offense. You're drafting the other ten guys with him in mind, you're blowing up your playbook for the most part. You're committing 100% to what he does, the same way the Ravens have with Lamar Jackson. I think that's a hell of a commitment when you look at the Lions right now. They're on the upswing. They're a good offseason away from legit playoff contention, and perhaps two good offseasons away from being 2024's Bengals. I just don't know if you make that move here. It makes so much more sense to me to add an impact defender (Hutch, Thibs, Hamilton) and then look for a more traditional QB at 32 to grow behind Goff for a year.
I would ask you who at 32 you would pick at QB, but we all know how well your scouting goes with QBs. :)

Campbell could go also go with one of the more traditional QB like Sam Howell. You know, if a coach and GM love a quarterback. They will take them if they are available when they are on the clock. They will have the first shot at QB.

To my question, if you're Washington and your third favorite pick is the one that's left, do you still draft him?
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 9:42 pm
MJW wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:47 am

I would ask you who at 32 you would pick at QB, but we all know how well your scouting goes with QBs. :)

Campbell could go also go with one of the more traditional QB like Sam Howell. You know, if a coach and GM love a quarterback. They will take them if they are available when they are on the clock. They will have the first shot at QB.

To my question, if you're Washington and your third favorite pick is the one that's left, do you still draft him?
I think you do.
Let's roll another joint