Chest of Gold- Eagles

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Chest of Gold- Eagles

Post by Defense5599 »

Changing things up a bit. From now on, Game Balls will be renamed Chest of Gold.

My Chest of Gold goes to none other than the GOAT, Tom Brady. He was a bit off tonight after his first two drives because of his hand and being on a short week, but he made the clutch plays when he had to, leading his team to a clock killing drive at the end. You play your best football when you are off key but can still lead your team to victory.

Honorable Mention to Leonard Fournette for tough running, several key first downs and two TDs, and to Vita Vea for disrupting the middle and that tackle on Sanders where he completely stopped his forward progress.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Cheb

Re: Chest of Gold- Eagles

Post by Cheb »

Offense - Leonard Fournette
Defense - Shaq Barrett
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Vea was a grown man out there.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Chest of Gold - All Season Lenny

140+ total yards and 2 tuddies. Lenny is doing what we wanted out of a 3 down back. It’s gotten to the point where I expect Lenny to catch it and do something with the ball. Lenny is becoming a weapon.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:32 pm Vea was a grown man out there.
Grown man with 3 kids and a 401K
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Lenny for sure.

He finally has hands that can catch the ball, and what a difference it has made, Rojo's warming the bench now.

Brown made some clutch catches too, when we needed a first very often he was there.

The OL did enough to protect Tom to get him through this game and into our mini-bye with minimal grass staining on his shirt.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:32 pm Vea was a grown man out there.
Suh also. He was getting held a ton. Almost every highlight of Hurts escaping the pocket involved seeing the "93" getting ganked the other way by an OL's hand when he went to pursue.

Anyway, Shaq looked like Shaq again. He's my pick.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Offense-AB, Lenny, OJ Howard
Defense- Secondary
MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 pm Chest of Gold - All Season Lenny

140+ total yards and 2 tuddies. Lenny is doing what we wanted out of a 3 down back. It’s gotten to the point where I expect Lenny to catch it and do something with the ball. Lenny is becoming a weapon.
I mentioned elsewhere, but Fournette's hands have improved greatly. Not only is he catching the ball more naturally, but he's transitioning to becoming a runner MUCH quicker than he used to. I'd still like to see him improve in Pass Pro, though. But in the 18 months he's been here, he's clearly put in a lot of work as a pass catcher and it's paying off.

What I really like about him is he's one of the best backs in the league right now at getting the extra yard. Time and time again, he's hit and wrapped up after 3 and drives for 4 or 5 or sometimes even 6 or 7. It's become a key part of what we want to do.
Let's roll another joint
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:27 am
Primeminister wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 pm Chest of Gold - All Season Lenny

I mentioned elsewhere, but Fournette's hands have improved greatly. Not only is he catching the ball more naturally, but he's transitioning to becoming a runner MUCH quicker than he used to. I'd still like to see him improve in Pass Pro, though. But in the 18 months he's been here, he's clearly put in a lot of work as a pass catcher and it's paying off.

What I really like about him is he's one of the best backs in the league right now at getting the extra yard. Time and time again, he's hit and wrapped up after 3 and drives for 4 or 5 or sometimes even 6 or 7. It's become a key part of what we want to do.
I don’t know his after contact stats in comparison to the rest of the league, but I’m inclined to agree with you. More often than not it seems like he gets more than what’s there.

His smooth catching is shocking tbh. He doesn’t even look like the same player.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Primeminister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 am
MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:27 am

I don’t know his after contact stats in comparison to the rest of the league, but I’m inclined to agree with you. More often than not it seems like he gets more than what’s there.

Yeah, absolutely. Even when he was catching the ball in Jacksonville and last year for us, it seemed unnatural to him. Like he was always fighting it off, or surprised it came to him. Then he's always need a beat to tuck it and start upfield. Tonight he looked as smooth as a pass catcher as any three down back in the league, save CMC.

He keeps that up, that represents a huge weapon we didn't really have last year. And Brady obviously like targeting him.
Let's roll another joint
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:33 am
Primeminister wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:30 am

Yeah, absolutely. Even when he was catching the ball in Jacksonville and last year for us, it seemed unnatural to him. Like he was always fighting it off, or surprised it came to him. Then he's always need a beat to tuck it and start upfield. Tonight he looked as smooth as a pass catcher as any three down back in the league, save CMC.

He keeps that up, that represents a huge weapon we didn't really have last year. And Brady obviously like targeting him.
Yep. Lenny is becoming the 3 down back fans wanted us to draft. He stats aren’t eye popping the way Kamara’s are, but he is effective. I would love to know the work Lenny put in to reach this point in the passing game.

This also helps me understand why Brady has thrown the ball to Lenny on deep passes a few times. It seemed asinine, but if this is what Brady sees during practice I understand.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Glad the manbeast is on our team :shock:
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Lenny w/ 127 scrimmage yds and 2 TDs.

He worked out this offseason with AB and it shows.