New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: New Years Eve Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
TonyLip

Re: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: New Years Eve Edition

Post by TonyLip »

You’re playing the Saints
Secure that shit, Rachad…
Cheb

Re: New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official Game Day Thread: New Years Eve Edition

Post by Cheb »

Big blitz, off-man coverage, routes vs air, easy completion.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Watching this game today is disgusting. Disgusting effort. Disgusting coaching. Fucking disgusting results.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

If we had Brady, I would believe in a comeback. But this Bucs team isn’t built for it. We win on good defense keeping the game close, not on the offense making up ground. Even on our first decent looking drive of the day it was short chunks and killing time.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

I see they are still missing.
Push the damned button already!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Give up a big play and add to it. Fuck this game.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

We dive instead of trying to wrap up.
Most hated man in America.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Of course.
Snake

Post by Snake »

LOL @ Bucs
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

They are basically playing the saints backups and still getting their teeth kicked in
Kress

Post by Kress »

I don't ever want Vea to land on me. It looks uncomfortable.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Five first downs and a smidgeon over 100 total yards of offense with less than 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

Ain't even mad at the defense today, though they've had their struggles. They have gotten literally no help today, including the offense giving away the ball twice.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Three touchdowns to come back. Three. Given how the Buccaneers are playing they will be lucky to get a fucking field goal. The players, coaches, cheerleaders, concession stand people all suck today. Fuck them. They all got drunk early.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Anyone want to explain the last completion where a second defender had to come up and touch the NO receiver while the first guy looked afraid to touch him?
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

I hope we don't re-sign Baker. He can string a few good games together and get everyone excited but he will never be consistently good.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Obsolete wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:00 pm They are basically playing the saints backups and still getting their teeth kicked in
Just no excuse today: At home, saints banged up, we were peaking, just no excuse for this kind of distracted lack of effort.
I said what I said

Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm Five first downs and a smidgeon over 100 total yards of offense with less than 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

Ain't even mad at the defense today, though they've had their struggles. They have gotten literally no help today, including the offense giving away the ball twice.
Game started with an 8 minute TD drive for the Saints. Not excusing the offense being pathetic, but I’m mad at the defense too.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

wesmon wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm I hope we don't re-sign Baker. He can string a few good games together and get everyone excited but he will never be consistently good.
Today is not on him by a long shot
I said what I said

Rocker

Post by Rocker »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm They all got drunk early.
I feel attacked.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

IronDog wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm Anyone want to explain the last completion where a second defender had to come up and touch the NO receiver while the first guy looked afraid to touch him?
Winfield was essentially daring Olave to stand up and get YAC so he could attack the ball and try to get a forced fumble. Not a common move, but I've seen it work in the past.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

IronDog wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm Anyone want to explain the last completion where a second defender had to come up and touch the NO receiver while the first guy looked afraid to touch him?
Defender was hoping the WR would think he was down and let loose of the ball. The Defender would grab it for a TO.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:02 pm
Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:01 pm Five first downs and a smidgeon over 100 total yards of offense with less than 5 minutes left in the third quarter.

Game started with an 8 minute TD drive for the Saints. Not excusing the offense being pathetic, but I’m mad at the defense too.
The defense generally starts poorly and tightens up throughout the game, so that's just par for the course. Not ideal but also not surprising.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Even if some runs worked, it is idiotic to be run heavy at this point.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Down 20 fucking points, run an inside zone on first down?

You've gotta be fucking joking.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Down 20 and they run it again. Does this make any sense. How about running some up tempo stuff and starting doing something other than run up the middle.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

And the definition of insanity is….
I said what I said

Kona

Post by Kona »

Godwin finally
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Godwin finally shows up
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Cheb wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:05 pm Down 20 fucking points, run an inside zone on first down?

You've gotta be fucking joking.
Coaching staff can’t adjust. It’s win or lose with their brand of football no matter how good or bad the results are.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Tempo tempo tempo.
Snake

Post by Snake »

So, if they lose this game, their best win of the season remains….against the Jags? lol.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Solid!
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

This reminds me of last year. Run the ball into the DL . Run the ball into another DL, or hell the same one. No gain.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:06 pm So, if they lose this game, their best win of the season remains….against the Jags? lol.
If they win this game, it'll still be the Jags.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Not even competitive today.