Justin Fields: Shittsburgh Steeler

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Justin Fields: Shittsburgh Steeler

Post by Doctor »

There's still plenty of time for Fields. In the right situation, which I think pit can be, he can still turn it around. And if Wilson never gives him a shot, he gets to be a FA soon. Controlling your own location is huge for a player, especially QB, looking to redo.

I don't think he'll do it, because the NFL is just hard, but the story is far from written on Fields.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

You're quite the optimist, aren't you, Doc?
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s easy to dream on Justin Fields. Crazy arm talent. One of the 10 or 15 best physical athletes at the position, in the history of the sport.

He’s also a great example of how physical talent can be rendered relatively ineffective when you run a mental 6.45.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Is that suppose to be like a slow forty metaphor or out of 10?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Both are applicable tbh.

(40 time)
BuccaNOLEer

Re: Where will Justin Fields land?

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 am So, it was a 6th and he’s likely a backup. I guess the NFL has spoken.
I said this in another thread. Horrible, horrible trade. You have a guy you spent a first rounder on that has some potential still and all you can get is a sixth round pick??

I can take a shit and get a sixth round pick out of it. Chicago's GM is softer than a rotten peach.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Fields is that bad.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am
Grahamburn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 am So, it was a 6th and he’s likely a backup. I guess the NFL has spoken.
I said this in another thread. Horrible, horrible trade. You have a guy you spent a first rounder on that has some potential still and all you can get is a sixth round pick??

I can take a shit and get a sixth round pick out of it. Chicago's GM is softer than a rotten peach.
Maybe, but he's built a fantastic roster for Williams. I can't remember a situation where a 1st overall QB had a better team.

They've added o line, rb, 2 WRs to go with Moore and Kmet, and had a decent defense already.

Poles has done a fantastic job rebuilding that team on paper.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm

Maybe, but he's built a fantastic roster for Williams. I can't remember a situation where a 1st overall QB had a better team.

They've added o line, rb, 2 WRs to go with Moore and Kmet, and had a decent defense already.

The Bears know they did a terrible job putting a team around Justin Fields. That's why they worked overtime building that offense. Fields and Luke Getsy were the scapegoats.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Big Ben walked into a stacked roster.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

The Bears know they did a terrible job putting a team around Justin Fields. That's why they worked overtime building that offense. Fields and Luke Getsy were the scapegoats.
Do you feel the same way about Justin Herbert?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 7:46 am
Bootz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:54 pm

Do you feel the same way about Justin Herbert?
The Chargers had way more talent around him than the Bears did Fields. They also put resources into getting pieces around him. It hasn't hurt Herbert in anyway as he now makes more than $50mil/year.
Most hated man in America.